beginner

1. Beginner Basics and Fundamentals with Johan Hagberg

Johan Hagberg coaches beginner level basics! Hello, I've been working tirelessly here in the US to try and broaden the audience and player pool for table tennis. I've gone to tons of events, met a ton of people and had a lot of fun along the way. I'm working on a new video series that...
  2. Good blades under 30 euros on TT11

Hello, I am in the process of ordering blades and rubbers for the club for the new players, or players without their bats. As I believe even a beginner bat should be good enough so I can pick it up and play most of the strokes with OK-ish quality. Since I am long past looking at budget options...
  3. Rubbers for beginner Chinese vs European

Hi all, I have been playing as a penhold but I am now going to start playing as a shakehand. So I am going to need a new setup. I was thinking of buying the stiga all around classic. My biggest issue is what rubbers I am going to use. I want to use the chinese style of play because I enjoy...
  4. Air bubbles effecting the bat for a beginner

https://imgur.com/a/anE1KOq <- imgur album of the rubber applied to the blade, bat is for a new player - how will it effect it? Will it be ok remove the rubber and try to reglue it? Blade is Joola Falcon and rubber focus snipe 3
  5. Cpen setup for beginner female

I have a question, for a female player who wishes due to upbringing and comfort to use a penhold. The idea for cpen is that only one side of the rubber is used for backhand and forehand, unlike RPB. - is this understanding correct? For a bat, i was thinking a 5 ply all wood blade like YSE or...
  6. Beginner paddle?

I've been recreationally playing off and on. I just bought a Stiga Evoultion and really like it. I know it's not a custom blade and rubber combo and probably frowned upon here. How much of a difference is there from going off the shelf/rack to a custom blade/rubber paddle? When would be a...
  7. Beginner/Intermediat Equipment

Hello :p well after all of this i want to start training right. Well right no i play long pips and i win but i win because of them in the lowest class. So i want 2 normal rubbers. I thought Vega Intro or Mark V and an All+ or Off- blade. But i dont know which blade wouold be good for this...
  8. Q: Beginner set

Hi guys, I read all the possible topics on that subject, but I was more confused than makes me clear. Of all the suggestions, I chose ones from UpSideDownCarl, as mostly explained and logical to me. What I chose to buy as the first non-amateur blade are the following: 1) Stiga Allround Classic...
  9. Any nice premade bat for a beginner under 50$

Hi i have recently started playing table tennis and i have a gki offensive xx and i am thinking of upgrading. Any nice bats i could buy?
  10. Opinions regarding flexible/stiff - hard/soft blades for a beginner

Hi, I’m looking for opinions regarding flexible/stiff - hard/soft blades for learning techniques. I’m a newbie, hungry for information about the equipment and techniques. I’ve been playing (actually, more training than playing) for about 4 months now. In these 4 months I tried 4 blades – first...
  11. "Beginner equipment that also suits the new polyball playing strategies"

Hi, I am new to this forum. I have been following many threads which has helped me so much. Thank you to all reviewers! But please help me with this.. Looking for starter equipment for my son (7years). He has never played before, but loves the game sooo much! Can you please advice me on a...
  12. Opinions on Set Up (Beginner)

Hello all, I started playing a year ago and I have been using the following set up for 7 months (purchased second hand off eBay): Stiga Carbonado 90 Xiom Vega Pro on forehand Xiom Omega Elite IV on backhand I was wondering what people's opinions were on this for a developing player who likes...
  13. Beginner Equipment Advice

I need some advice on beginner equipment. I have friends just starting training and stuff and they need a blade of their own. I live in Turkey and there arent many choices available. For the blade itself we are thinking about Tibhar Samsanov Alpha, Donic Appelgren Allplay/or exclusive ar or...
  14. Pro Table Tennis Player with a Beginner Bat vs Dan

Hey guys! Truls Moregard challenged me to a 1 set challenge during our recent DNA review, whereby he uses a beginner hobby bat and I use the bat from the DNA review. Who will win? Find out below:
  15. Yasaka Mark V - what thickness for beginner?

Which thickness would you suggest for a beginner using Mark V? It will be paired with an old Donic Dicon blade which is OFF-. I am wondering if 1.8mm would be too thin? All-around/attacking playing style. Thanks in advance.
  16. 4 Basic Backhand Exercise For Beginner

4 Basic Backhand Exercise For Beginner
  17. What is a good beginner paddle for a defensive player?

I'm a beginner and have been playing a lot at the office for the past year using some cheap Chinese paddles from Amazon. We have a big tournament coming up in a couple months and I'd like to get something better. I'm a defensive player and I just wait for the other player to make a mistake. I...
  18. DHS 301 vs Stiga infinity VPS for a beginner

Hi everyone, I have been playing casually for about a year. I have been practicing basic strokes daily and will be joining a good club in the next few of months. I would love to get my own custom bat. I was wondering how you all feel about these two bats. I understand that carbon blades...
  19. Know any Beginner Equipment Junkies like this?

Snapshot of beginner EJs. Get a giggle and have a little fun.
  20. A good custom setup for someone who is COMPLETELY new

Hello, I have checked out a lot of the blades available on multiple websites and done my research on what kind of blade is well suited for myself. However, I've always wondered: What kind of blade and rubber setup is good for someone who has never touched a table tennis ball before? I'm wanting...