penhold

1. Minor wrist injuries due to bad C-Pen technique. Should i switch to shakehand or get my C-Pen better ?

I'm currently suffering my a minor non-swelling wrist injury. I play C-pen and my technique is not very good that i have a very tight grip and use too much wrist. I recently purchased a C-pen racket but because of my wrist injury I'm starting to consider to switch to shakehand. I love playing...
  2. Help choosing Dynasty Carbon or DHS Hurricane Long 5X (Ch Pen)

Hey there, I am wondering what to choose between this two blade, i am an intermediate player playing penhold with RPB grip. I like to play closer to the table and quick block
  3. Help choosing blade!

Hello! I need help to find a penhold blade. I have been asking around in the forums but it's not right and so I wanted to make a proper thread and see what comes out of it. A few months ago I bought a stiga azalea off (jttaa) cpen, 87grams. It's very heavy for me and end up with a sore wrist...
  4. Penhold weight

Hello, I have a Stiga Azalea Offensive cpen weighing 87g (jttaa version, hence the extreme weight). I have put on it a dawei 388a-4 and a fastarc g1 that I had laying around but are hard to play. It's a bit heavy too, I've no idea how heavy the g1 is, but the dawei is 51 or 52 grams when cut...
  5. Backhand Rubber for Reverse-Penhold Backhand (rpb)

What’s cracking my fellas, I am back once again to ask for your opinions and suggestions! To preface, I’m simply playing CPen as a side hobby, as I am currently maining a shakehand short pips. Therefore u can say that I am sort of a beginner at CPen even though I have the basics down as I’ve...
  6. Racket sanding (did I do it right?)

Hello everyone! I'm new to penhold and I decided to buy a blade to see if I like it. I started playing with the robot and the edges were cutting, I couldn't play. I decided to look for solutions and I saw many people, if not all, were doing a light sanding on the wings of the blade. I did...
  7. Penhold Blade Unusual Weight

So I have this premade blade DHS 4006 which i installed a gki hybrids power and back hand is a pimp rubber which I will later change but I realised the blade weight is unusual . The handle weight is les than the body part and when I stroke it giving me extra power to fast swing but hard to...
  8. Everything You Need to Know About Sanding Penhold Rackets

There wasn't a good tutorial in English about this, so I've decided to take matters into my own hands. I'm sure every penholder has experienced finger pains before, and some still have them when playing. I hope this video is helpful to the few of us who remain. Let me know if there's anything I...
  9. Technique analysis penhold

Hello guys there is a video of me training forehand/backhand and transition drills on returnboard I am training from one year and I want to know what do I have to improve and your general opinion my strokes and transition few questions to add 1. Do I go forward enough on my forehand stroke 2...
  10. Dimitrij Ovtcharov Better Penhold?!

So I tried taking on Dimitrij Ovtcharov before and it wasn’t pretty, so I thought I’d make my job easier by making him play penhold instead. Let’s see how I got on!
  11. The corner of Penhold Players

Penhold Players Corner hi everyone, I am soon 61 and i have been playing penhold between 55 and 59, after 20 years playing SH style An then I came back to SH according to my age, my footwork is too slow ... But i love PH and I found a way to play PH without lose (I like competitions, I am...
  12. advices + opinion for the modern chinese penhold block game

Playing a few games and observing my training without a ball, a famous game with the shadow, I realized that my style is close to the table and also in the middle distance, I use the active tpb blocks and in the middle I sometimes switch to the penhold reverse backhand block. most of the time...
  13. Rubbers for my penhold blade

Im currently playing tpb with Butterfly Innerforce ALC.S CS (chinese penhold) and Nittaku Fastarc G1. Im looking to try out some new rubbers. Any recommendations?
  14. japanese Penhold with Backhandrubber

Hello, i want to buy a Yinhe 988 for japanse Penhold for fun and to know how it is but i want also a rubber on the backhand for RPB. Now there is cork on the backhand side. So 2 Ideas: First one put the rubber after the cork. This shoudl be still legal because it can be space between the...
  15. Can you use the BH side of a japanese penhold blade to play?

I wonder if I can glue a rubber to the backside of a japanese penhold blade to be able to play BH like with a chinese wood.
  16. 6 Basic Serve In Table Tennis (Penhold Grip)

6 Bóng bàn Phục vụ Cơ bản (Gripold Penhold) Cho ăn của tôi trong các vấn đề của bạn Và nâng cấp SUBSCRIBE !!!
  17. 4 basic penhold grip

4 BASIC PENHOLD GRIP
  18. Tape on Japanese penhold backhand?

I play with a Chinese penhold grip and I've seen that some Japanese penholders have a white square on their backhand. I think it's there so their fingers won't slip, which I sometimes struggle with myself. Does anyone know what it is? I think it's some sort of tape, but I'm not sure...
  19. Blade help Chinese penhold

Hi all, I have the DHS wind series W3020 chinese penhold blade, and I have been playing with it for 2-3 years. I appreiciated the fact it was on the heavy side so I could really develop my racket stroke and build a strong foundation but now I feel like I have mastered the basics and I am...
  20. Should you ever downgrade?

Hi, I'm a beginner penholder, and have been playing table tennis for 2 years now at my college club. Unfortunately, we're a small club and we don't have coaches (or equipment in general for that matter) which has obviously slowed my development. I'm currently US 1000, at my best, 1100-1150 and...