rules

1. Unspoken Rules?

In baseball, there's what is known as unspoken rules. Examples: don't steal bases when you are up 4 or more runs later in the game; in the past a brush back pitch was expected if the batter preceding the present hitter blasted a home run; and hitters don't flip the bat after blasting a home run...
  2. Question about service rules

Is there any rule that states that there is a time limit when serving? I'm asking because there is a recent debate in the Greek veterans championship, where there is a guy that it takes almost 15-20 secs to serve, and most opponents are quite irritated by this...
  3. New "Rules" for Table Tennis

This is the definitive compilation of the Rules for Table Tennis as delivered by the Table Tennis Gods, not the mere ITTF. See the rest of the thread for further commentary. 1. Wipe your damned sweat off the table. 2. No choing unless your are getting paid to win. Further, players under...
  4. Question on table tennis rules

I found this website that explains the rule of how the ball can be returned https://www.allabouttabletennis.com/basic-table-tennis-rules.html The writer typed that Does it mean that I can just actively contact the ball with my hand in the touch game every time? like this or even this? I'm...
  5. Rules on where you can stand to receive

I was playing in a league match last night and in the doubles one of the opposite team (when his team was receiving usually) stood past the end of the table on their lefthand side so seemed really close to me when i was serving from the right quarter :-) We won pretty easily so didn't matter...
  6. Table Tennis rules in doubles

Playing doubles is fun. But the fun is gone when someone insists it is your fault thus cost you a point in a friendly match. 1) Can you serve the ball and hit the middle white line? 2) Can you talk to your partner during the play? 3) Can you talk to your partner just before the play? Thanks,,
  7. Question regarding rules of gluing rubber

How much of the surface of the head of the blade has to be covered by rubber? Can you save some weight by gluing the rubbers like a 1cm above the handle for example?
  8. My strangest point ever -rules question

So yesterday I've managed to hit the top of the net pole and then the ball changed the direction literally 90 degrees and went sideways. So the question is did I win the point or did I not?
  9. ITTF confirmed mixed doubles rules at 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games

Thomas Weikert said in Shanghai on the opening day of ITTF Museum, for mixed doubles at 2020 Tokyo, each association (up to 3 men and 3 women) can attend 5 events. Previously, it was proposed that each association has to choose 4 out of 5 events. Only 1 mixed doubles pair from each association...
  10. Question about the rubber rules

When using a rubber i saw a long time ago wang hao use to cut his rubber so he could grip it so his fingers wouldn't slip is that still allowed?
  11. What are the unwritten rules of table tennis?

Some sports that have been around for a long time have accumulated a large number of "unwritten rules" that if broken can lead to fights and considerable social criticism by fellow athletes, even complete shunning. Two sports where there are vast numbers of these are baseball and road cycling...
  12. Service rules

As you can see on the picture, ma long is touching the table with his free hand (even his forearm) while getting ready to serve. Is that actually allowed or not?
  13. TableTennisDaily Podcast #18 - Jean Michel Saive

Hello and welcome to episode 18 of the TableTennisDaily podcast. In today's episode we are talking to table tennis legend Jean Michel Saive. The Belgian Star was world number one on multiple occasions and perhaps even more impressively, Belgian number 1 for an astonishing 30 years without...
  14. Do the pro`s now the rules of table tennis ?

I just see this video with Pat Gerell and i found 50 % of his serves are illegal according to this ittf rule: <tbody> 2.06.04 From the start of service until it is struck, the ball shall be above the level of the playing surface and behind the server's end line, and it shall not be hidden from...
  15. A possible solution to the problems for the rules

We all know that serving has become a lot less of an advantage now, simply due to the rule changes that have been applied and the larger ball. Umpires struggle to call fault serves due to the rules being somewhat unclear. Serve and receive has also lost power and has less importance. I wanted to...
  16. New rules for women defenders ?

I admit that I drank some wine. not sure though if this is the reason of what I've witnessed. I watched few minutes from the 4th set between France and Germany women singles, here is what I've seen: A third referee on his feet counting every exchange (not points) between the two players...
  17. Where to find ITTF rules and guidelines (not all are in Laws of TT)

<tbody> Post Options Thanks(1) Quote Reply Topic: Where to find ITTF rules (not just laws of TT) Posted: Yesterday at 12:39pm - IP: 129.7.106.31 I posted this at MyTT but people here may find this...
  18. TTD guidelines and rules when selling and buying equipment

Please follow the guidelines here: 1) Tags: (Please use the appropriate topic tag to precede the item title, for uniformity) FS: FS/FT: FT: LF: **(Acronyms: FS-for sale, FT-for trade, LF-looking for) 2) TTD is not an auction site and therefore sellers must set a price for any FS items...
  19. Several exciting articles about game rules and their applications !

Hello :) ! Several exciting articles about game rules and their applications... There: http://www.facebook.com/ITTF.change.the.rules.or.made.them.apply What's your opinion? Julien
  20. Rules on Modifying LP Rubber?

So I play with LP rubber on my back hand. I've just switched from Giant Dragon Meteorite to Giant Dragon Snowflake. I'm getting on fine with the switch but one thing that is bugging me a bit is that the layout of the pimples is slightly different at the bottom of the rubber and some of the...