chopping

1. Defender inverted rubbers

Hi, I have played for a couple of years now and currently playing as an offensive player, but i tend to go into defensive positions because i enjoy chopping. After our current season, i would like to switch to a more defensive playstyle since i enjoy it way more than the standard offensive one...
  2. Matsushita Pro special

Dear fellow table tennis players of the defensive and allround classes, twiddlers, choppers and counter spinners after many years of chopping away me and my wounded knee have decided to proverbially hang up my table tennis equipment to dry I haven't seen much demand for worn shoes and a...
  3. Degrees of rubber for chopping

I was just wondering what degree sponge is the best for forehand chopping in 1.9 to 2.3 mm thickness. When I say best I mean what degree is able to produce the most backspin.
  4. Long pimple chopping with a Stiga Clipper (or clones)

How bad of an idea is this? The blade is 7ply all wood and Heavy 95g~. Having only chopped with lighter defensive blades i can't shake off the idea of wanting a more offensive blade to assist my forehand. What does the extra weight of the blade and the 2 extra plies feel like? I know there is a...
  5. Jp 01 max red for Chopping vs M1 max red?

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could tell me if Jp 01 max is good for chopping with a 5ply defensive blade. I know a certain japanese chopper uses it but I don't know how well it would go with my blade. Also wondering how this rubber may compare to M1 and other rubbers
  6. Outrageous chopping skills by Stephane Ouaiche!

Wow! Here's a rally for the best point collection! At the Korea Open in 2014, Stephane Ouaiche played Kristian Karlsson in an epic match and pulled of this outrageous rally below! Just look at those chops! Feeling or what!
  7. The technique of chopping.

Hello, im new in this site.Currently, I play as modern defender and sometimes I struggle with my chops. I spin and block on the forehand side and I chop on the backhand. Can you give me some tips regarding the technique of chopping in general? Thanks in advance.
  8. How critical is an over-sized blade for defending/chopping?

Is an oversized blade a "must-have" for defenders? Or do any defenders use a normal or slightly oversized blade? And on that note, are there any moderately oversized blades that are good for defense? Possibly around the low 160s x mid to high 150s?
  9. Blade or rubber when trying to get more control on Long Pip chopping?

Hi everyone, I'm currently trying to figure out how to get more control when I'm chopping with long pimples. Is it blade or rubber? I use the Joo se hyuk blade and Hellfire Long pimples. When I get into a rally I chop well, however I find that if come up against someone who loop drives...
  10. Can anyone give me any coaching on my long pimple chopping?

The above video is me doing a long pimple chopping drill against slow and fast topspin. I was wondering if anyone can give me any advice on how to perform a better shot? Any advice is welcome!! My training partner is 59 year old Ruth.
  11. in your opinion what is the best blade for chopping with long pimples?

In your opinion what do you think is the best blade for chopping with long pimples in a modern defender style with a loop/attacking style on one side? I like Butterfly Joo Se Hyuk blade. What's your favourite?
  12. Best oversize blades for chopping with long pimples?

Can anyone tell me the best oversize blades for chopping with long pimples? Or are there blades that are better that are not oversize?
  13. Video of me chopping with Sauer & Troger Hellfire against topspin

Here's a video of me chopping against topspin
  14. Any suggestions for a good chopping long pips rubber that I can hit with too?

Hello, Due to my slow footwork, injuries to my, right knee, shoulder, elbow and hand, my inconsistent and weak forehand loop as well as my consistent, versatile, spinny and powerful backhand; my coach suggested that my "winning" strategy would be to mostly chop on my forehand mixing in some all...
  15. Beginners chopping combo.n

Hi all, I am an experienced player and can loop well from the forehand, block, push and sometimes loop with the backhand. The game is becoming stale for me and I want to learn to be a defensive player. I already have the donic Defplay Senso blade. I was just wondering what good LP could I use on...
  16. tips on chopping with LP?

chopping loopy topspins far from the table is not the problem with me.. I find it hard to chop chopped balls and dead balls near the table.. it tend to go into the net or pop up sometimes.. any tips?
  17. Any tips on chopping?

Title says it, I want to chop like Joo Se Hyuk but can't seem to get the ball even on table, I'm pretty sure it has something to do with my gesture or just a long pimps thing (I only have inverted rubber).