tactics

1. How not to lose the level without training.

Hello. My coach is on vacation for 2 month. I'm fell in love with TT and I don't want to lose my level to September - October. What can I do outdoor to train my physical conditions. I would be glad to get some of the exercises, especially for the footwork. Also I've got an idea to improve my...
  2. Videos of pros with short pips on backhand for playing tactics?

Hi guys, I’ve recently made the switch from a pimples in rubber (Tenergy 05 in 2.1) to short pips (Tibhar D.Tecs Speedy Soft in 2.0) on my backhand. I wasn’t able to play a pain-free backhand topspin with inverted rubbers due to an injury before, and I feel like the pips give me more options to...
  3. Doubles Serve Tactics

Hello good people, Need some tactics for doubles game. My players are right handed & most of the opponents too. Short/Long serve placement advice needed. Any other advice for doubles are also welcome. Here most of the players are not good at flicking. Thanks in advance.
  4. LP tactics against MP or SP

Yesterday I was playing competition against a BH medium pips Curl P2 player and mine normal tactics against inverted rubbers doesn't worked and lost the match. I'm looking for suggestions how to play against this players using LP.
  5. Learning UNBEATABLE Block - Technique, Tactics

Learning UNBEATABLE Block - Technique, Tactics First of all, we apologize to everyone because for the past 2 weeks we haven't been able to produce videos. But now we will be releasing 2 videos per week, thanks all of you for always being with the team during the past time.
  6. Placement strategy/tactics

So I was training tonight and someone was pointing out to my training partner that 80% of my forehand loops and openings were going cross court. I will vary the placement periodically to the middle or down the line but a majority are cross court. Sometime I will try to play a sequence of cross...
  7. Learn serving and receiving tactics from Ma Long and Liang Jingkun

Budapest Semifinals See Ma Long’s this pair of serving. (2:15-2:24) After the first serve, why: Ma Long served an identical serve again? The two results were completely different?
  8. Receiving tactics

This may be a really old topic, I'm quite sure someone has created a thread. Although I'll ask. For right hands who play against a left hand. What is the hardest ball to receive against? As in you serve(rh) and the left hand receives. What sort of ball is hard to third ball and usually lose the...
  9. Tactics against left-handed LP players

Or technically, opposite-handed players. I am Right handed. I will write this from a right handed point of view. I've seen quite a lot about how you should serve long no spin to LP side. This makes sense if they are the same playing hand as you as this will be cross court, faster, and the other...
  10. Seeking for advice RE: Left handed player tactics against right handed players

Hi Guys, as a left handed shakehand player that is FH dominate but with a good and consistent BH loop and BH+FH flick, I was wondering what tactics to use against right handed players in a singles match. I only have a few basic tactics to use to set up the 3rd ball but experience players tend...
  11. Tactics against a mid-court looper

There are several players I play whose type of play is to take a step or two back and just loop the ball off both wings. They're really good at it, and once they get going, it's hard to win the point. They're also excellent lobbers and retrievers, so it's very difficult to hit through them. I...
  12. Tactics you always use

Hi guys, i know we talk a lot about equipment - but wondered what unique tactics people have too. Now we all adjust certain aspects of play while we play different players – targeting weaknesses or making the most of strengths, but was looking for tactics people might have that they always use...
  13. [LHTT #37_Chinese Coach Lesson] Tactics for Stop & Topspin

https://youtu.be/sqWbywtgnWI
  14. [LHTT #33_Chinese Coach Lesson] Tactics Training for Short Service from RH

https://youtu.be/wDCYRapht0c
  15. [LHTT #26_Chinese Coach Lesson] Tactics for Short Service from RH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0JEOR9DgZE
  16. [LHTT #20_Chinese Coach Lesson] Tactics for Short Service from RH

https://youtu.be/bv2ofUwO9z0
  17. New Service tactics with the plastic balls

Hey Folks, I recently played in a tournament with plastic balls. It required some technical adjustments but I think I am getting used to them. But my Service kept either being too high or having basically no spin. I lost many points because of that and it kept frustrating me. And it wasnt just...
  18. How to make tactics?

Hi, I lost to my opponent 11 0 today. Yesterday I beat him 2 times. I asked him how did he beat me. He said "I solved your game. You cant beat me from now on" He is a pro player and he is really decent. 10 years of play. And I decided to ask you. How to make different tactics to be...
  19. Does someone have tactics pdf e-book?

I want to read a table tennis tactics pdf or e-book. Do you have any links? Thanks <3 <3
  20. Do you change game/tactics as you get tired?

Curious how people adjust their tactics or playstyle as your fitness wears down over the course of a day or tournament. My first coach Brian Pace used to say 'your technique breaks down when your fitnes breaks down.' This is definitely true for me. I play a very standard looping game, and...