defensive

1. Playing against defensive short players

I have a problem with playing against players who are more defensive and are table huggers who somehow also play the ball short leaving me little chances on looping the ball due too it being short and not really past the table. Is there a way to open up and have them play longer strokes so I can...
  2. Soft Defensive Paddle

I need a soft defensive paddle as I tend to overpower things and I need to slow it down a bit. Killerspin recommended their Diamond TC Premium or Kido 7p rtg premium. What do you guys reccomend?
  3. my 10 year old nephew wants to start playing modern defensive

10 year old nephew wants to start play defensive Hello guys, this time I want to talk about my nephew. He started playing ping pong with me since last year. during that time, he saw some matches, one day I was watching Ma Lin vs Joo Se Hyuk and he appeared in the room, looked at the game and...
  4. What do you think of using two pips out rubbers?

It is my first publication, I want to know what you think of using "Pips-out rubbers" on both sides, positive and negative points of doing so. Forehand: TSP Spectol Backhand: TSP Curl P-1 Blade: Butterfly Joo Se Hyuk
  5. Stiff defensive blades?

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows of any stiff feeling defensive blades like the Joo Se Hyuk blade. I was thinking of Diode V but how does it compare?
  6. Topspin arc with a slow soft (defensive) blade

I was recently advised by a coach to switch to a much slower blade after a multi ball session. He has coached several very good LP players like Åkerström so I didn't argue and went ahead and bought a Stiga Defensive Classic as he couldn't specify exactly what would be good for me. The effect on...
  7. What is a good beginner paddle for a defensive player?

I'm a beginner and have been playing a lot at the office for the past year using some cheap Chinese paddles from Amazon. We have a big tournament coming up in a couple months and I'd like to get something better. I'm a defensive player and I just wait for the other player to make a mistake. I...
  8. 10 technical tips on how to play defensive

9. Has anyone tried these defensive blades??? (Nexy?)

I got a chance to play at a local club in Shanghai and ran into this blade called the 'Nexy' Cakra. (Nexy seems like the brand, with 'Cakra' being the weird product name) Never seen it before and by the looks, it seems like the front/backhand layer of the blade were made out of different wood...
  10. Modern defensive - tornament

Interesting matches. Very high level of the game. Only shares !!! A lot of interesting games. A lot of good services.
  11. Review Yasaka Elfrark - modern defensive youtube

12. Playing a local league defensive player using negative tactics

I am in my first year of playing in a lower division local league and am struggling to beat experienced players using defensive or no spin bats. On a normal club evening I enjoy fast rallies and counter attacking but in a match I can get dragged into a push-push game. After a few pushes I get...
  13. Is trying to play a defensive/chopper style under 2000 USA basically worthless?

After bumbling around trying out the defensive styles for awhile, mainly aiming to chop... I have come to the conclusion that rarely anybody in the 1,200-1,900 USA rating range wants to loop the ball! And that winning by attacking seems much easier and quicker. So for anyone else out there...
  14. New defensive blade - Nexy Cakra

9 ply defensive blade Forehand top ply : Same material as Nexy Rubicon (not sure what it is) Backhand top ply : White ash Weight : 95g+- Thickness : 6.7mm+- Forehand Backhand
  15. Defensive Blade Suggestions? (2017)

Another thread inquiring about blades, the horrors! I've been reading a number of the older 'defensive blade' threads, but many date back to 2012 or before. And I see a lot of new blades have been released since then. Are there any good suggestions that people are finding success with in the...
  16. Defensive inverted rubbers that are still good for looping and attacking?

Hey guys, I know that I have opened a few threads but this is not me asking 'the best' and neither am I asking for myself. I was just browsing the internet looking at defensive inverted rubbers, that have heavy backspin when chopping and pushing, but still more than capable at looping and...
  17. Defensive setup with an offensive carbon blade

Hi all, I have a spare blade, Yinhe Y-4, that is a very stiff 5-ply carbon blade. I want to try long pimples for chopping to have some fun and better understand the rubber/style. 1) Does it make sens at all, or whatever I put on the blade, it will repulse like a gun? 2) If the answer to 1) is...
  18. Looking for a sticky defensive rubber for BH

can anyone offer any suggestions, ideally something that comes with a softer sponge 1.0 - 1.2 mm. Giant Dragon Submarine looks interesting, but does that qualify as sticky?
  19. Defensive blades, how.....

........ do you vote for this kind of blade? If you have several defensive blades how do choose the one you want to play with and kind of rubbers it will suit it? I bought one cheap defensive [not cheap but not expensive compared to another blades], and it wasn't good, the rubbers are good...
  20. Defensive Players

Hello, Anyone knows about the good Defensive Players what Blades or Rubbers they play? Masato Shiono Joo See Hyuk Gionis Yuto Muramatsu Ruwen Filus Thank You Nico