year

1. Happy New year

Happy New Year from all of us at TTD! It’s been a difficult year for the world, and for participation in table tennis! We hope that some normality is not to far away and that everyone has a great 2021. Look forward to seeing you guys back on the table this year! We have been working hard...
  2. End Of Year TTD Euro-Awards

This has been an unusual year, in the manner of a Buddhist riddle lots of stuff not happening has been even more eventful and noteworthy than if it had just happened as planned. Still, we were lucky enough to watch and hopefully even play some decent table tennis and with this in mind I would...
  3. 16 year old Fan Zhengdong vs 16 year old Harimoto, who's better

Fan zhengdong started international competition from 15 and quickly moved up the rank, and Harimoto obviously started much earlier. Who do you think it is the better or more complete player at age of 16? I think Harimoto at this point is slightly better than FZD at 16, but it's not by too much.
  4. my 10 year old nephew wants to start playing modern defensive

10 year old nephew wants to start play defensive Hello guys, this time I want to talk about my nephew. He started playing ping pong with me since last year. during that time, he saw some matches, one day I was watching Ma Lin vs Joo Se Hyuk and he appeared in the room, looked at the game and...
  5. 17 year old Truls Moregard vs TableTennisDaily’s Dan!

Hey guys, I'm back with another challenge match and this time it's with European hope Truls Moregard, hes just 17 years of age and causing a stir in the table tennis world! Thanks to everyone who entered into the competition to win the DNA rubbers signed by Truls Moregard! There were 982...
  6. Playing Table Tennis With 100 Year Old Bats

Hey guys it's Dan and Will here back with a new video, playing table tennis with 100 year old Slazenger Whiff Whaff bats! That's right 100 year old bats, pretty incredible! They were manufactured between 1900-1910 by Slazenger in the UK and are made of wood and pig skin! Check out how well they...
  7. Pointers welcome from 37 year absence

This is my first post so be gentle. I feel like I have been in a time capsule that has just been opened up. In 1980 I worked in Dallas, Texas at a new recreation center that had two table tennis tables and fortunately for me, I was exposed to table tennis players vs. ping pongers. I got into it...
  8. Shot of the Year ?

https://www.facebook.com/timoboll/videos/443922463052109/ Did Timo Boll just hit shot of the 2019 ? ;)
  9. 13 year old wins the match in the super league

10. Seo Hyo Won sez Happy New Year (Lunar NY)

Seo Hyo Won posted a pic and New Year Greeting on her FB. Since many have not been able to get her to friend them, I post the pic and FB link. <iframe...
  11. Happy New year!

TableTennisDaily would like to wish you all a Happy New Year! Thanks for all your fantastic contributions to the website over the last year. We have a lot in store for you in 2019 which you will see very soon on the website! What are your new year table tennis resolutions? Have a great...
  12. Any other sport or activity where a 14 year old can defeat a world champion?

I can't think of any other sport or activity where a young teenager can compete and defeat the best in the world. And what does that say about table tennis as a sport that this happened, and looks like it could easily happen again? Is it good for the sport? Interesting times.
  13. 10 Year Old Playing for 2 years now + Video's

10 Year Old Playing for 18 Months now + Video's Hello TTD, I have been coaching a young lad who began his table tennis journey at a local primary school after his head teacher got him "Hooked" into the game. His proud father has recoded a series of clips and has made 2 videos of his journey...
  14. Why do these events suck so bad with every year getting worse

I never heard of so much BS noise in any of the previous events. At least in previous years it wasn't as bad as some retards banging on drums. Even though any audience can do noises if they want, but they should have some rules on making unbearable deafening noises like that. But that's not...
  15. Is there a WTTC Singles/Doubles this year (2018)?

I can't see a WTTC on this calendar. Will it be added or it won't be played? https://d3mjm6zw6cr45s.cloudfront.net/2018/02/2018_Calendar_2018_04_19.pdf
  16. 11 year old sensation Anna Hursey vs TableTennisDaily's Dan!

Hey what’s up guys! So after hearing the incredible news that Anna Hursey qualified for the Commonwealth Games I just had to find out how good the 11 year old really is! I traveled to the awesome Cardiff City Table Tennis Club in Wales where Anna trains and practices with the coaches there. I...
  17. Backhand and forehand rubber recommendations for 1.5 year beginner

Hi everybody, As the title states I am a beginner and have been playing for a little over a year and a half. I primarily play at work for about 1 hour (during breaks, lunches, and after work) and occasionally go to my local ping pong house with friends to play longer sessions. One of my...
  18. Eurosport and ITTF signed 3 year agreement to broadcast major TT

A partnership extended in the build up to the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games with Eurosport is announced. Eurosport will continue to promote the major events organised by the International Table Tennis Federation including the ITTF World Championships, ITTF Men’s and Women’s World Cups, ITTF World...
  19. 9 Year old Patryk

To support Patrick please visit https://www.gofundme.com/gopatryk
  20. How many CNT faces do you recognize in their Chinese New Year celebration dinner

Feb 16 is Chinese New Year (Year of Dog). Before the holiday break, CNT players had a dinner together to celebrate. Ma Long, Yan An, Zhou Yu, etc. all shared this photo. How many faces do you recognize? BTW, Liu Guoliang is back! He and Ma Long, Ding Ning, Fan Zhendong, Lin Gaoyuan and Wang...