stroke

1. Jiang Jingkun does long pushes and choppy stroke

I like Liang Jingkun. He always seems to be in trouble when playing against top players and lesser players;). But he has a way of playing unconventional strokes especially when in trouble In this match vs Cai Wei, watch the 5th game where he brings out a few Waldner-nesque stroke-play when...
  2. Stroke impacted by?

Hi all! I wonder if a stroke is more influenced by the racket or by the rubber. In other words, it is faster with a fast racket and not so fast rubber or the way around? Same question if more controlled with a racket with high control and a low control rubber or the way around?
  3. Ideal parts of the paddle to hit the ball for every stroke?

I want to know if there is a complete list of where you should hit the ball depending for FH/BH loops, drives, smashes, flicks, pushes etc. Does where you hit the ball change depending on the type of spin you are receiving? I want to know!
  4. forehand topsin stroke

Hi all, I finally decided to make a post on this awsome website/community!! I have some questions about the usage of the wrist when it comes to forehand loop... How important is the grip and how you move your wrist on impact?! As a former hardcore crossfiter bought my wrists joints are ...Well...
  5. Change of stroke with the 40+ ball

Hey, I just watched this video recently: Which is about changing your topspin stroke for the 40+ ball. The chinese top coach talks about changing the snap from "inward, to more outward". But I do not get it, anyone care to explain? Probably pointing the elbow more forward, but I am not sure.
  6. Loop stroke with a thinner blade vs thicker blade

Hi all, I've recently bought a Stiga Clipper(Master handle, 88 grams). I bought it after a search on the internet, and all people said it was a good blade. I thought it was a good option to me, because I was searching for: - Better stability close to the table(easier blocks and counter...
  7. What is this receiving stroke called?

just a newbie question, but the point at 11:19 into the clip when score is 4-4 we see Dima receiving FZD's serve. From what i see it looks kind of like a push but racket face tilted to Dima's left to adjust for the sidespin. Except what i don't understand is that the return has a fairly...
  8. Need Help: Proper FH Sp Stroke and Coaching "Service"

Good day, (Correct me if im wrong for the statements below) Hi, I transitioned into SP FH for a few months now. Im currently using stiga royal. I want to grasp the science/Logic behind the SP FH technique. Vs Topspin/Block/Chop/etc. Due to small resources available online about the SP FH, i...
  9. Kim Jung Hoon covers basic FH stroke fundamentals - Intro

Kim Jung Hoon made himself a club south of Seoul and has a lot of new instructional vids that have a LOT of REALLY GOOD STUFF for us amatures to learn from... just like his tak9.com vids. I select one of them with a lot of nuggets -the FH stroke. KJH is simply talking about very basic...
  10. Tips for Improving Stroke Quality and Fundamentals

Hey laistrogian, I thought this might be useful and rather than continuing it in the other thread, I thought I would make a new thread to help you and anyone else who wants to improve their basic strokes and fundamentals. What got me thinking about this was the video you posted. I am not going...
  11. Term for modern defender stroke?

Almost every modern defender has a stroke they use on their forehand side where they use a very short stroke and seem to basically block or scoop a heavy topspin shot when they are back from the table. Not a full swing loop, and it seems they are just making a safe shot back on the table. Anyone...
  12. 41-stroke rally at Commonwealth Games

Nigeria eventually beat India to win the Bronze medal, while Singapore defeated England for the Gold. For those who cannot see this viral video, ITTF posted it to their facebook page below: 966039916759345 Nigerians showed amazing spirit and fought really hard. Can't help but wonder how it...
  13. Who would you follow?

Hi guys , Which players stroke would you follow?