rotterdam

1. Bojan Tokic Interview - Professional Player (World Rank 25)

TableTennisDaily exclusive interview with Table Tennis professional Bojan Tokic! Thanks for taking part in our TableTennisDaily interview Bojan. Enjoy the questions! Full Name: Bojan Tokić Age: 32 Date Of Birth: 13/1/1981 Height: 178cm Club represented: FC Saarbrucken Highest World Ranking...
  2. Shakehand vs Penhold Match - Spectacular World Event

In the last 2 months we have seen some fantastic table tennis across the globe including the World Table Tennis Championships in Rotterdam and the more recent China Open 2011. In Shenyang (China) tomorrow begins the Direct and Cross Battle against the best shakehand and penhold players in the...
  3. TTD member hits with Zhang Jike

Once again everyone the Chinese team give a little something to their fans! In this case it was with TableTtennisDaily member Benni. This knock took place in the training hall at the World Table Tennis Championships 2011 where Zhang Jike went on to be the winner of the Men's Singles! Photo...
  4. Ma Long's forehand WTTC 2011

How awesome is Ma Long's technique! Comparing it to Jun Mizutani in the WTTC 2011 training hall!
  5. Japanese Training at WTTC 2011

Awesome footage of the Japanese Team training at the WTTC 2011! Including the likes of Jun Mizutani, Kenta, Koki Niwa and more!
  6. Zhang Jike Interviewed on winning WTTC 2011

Interview translated from http://sports.cntv.cn/20110520/112190.shtml thanks to dingyibvs of the mytt forum Q: Was shirt-ripping planned before the match? ZJK: No, it wasn't planned at all. If Wang Hao didn't come back & the endgame wasn't that thrilling, it most likely would have not...
  7. Liu Guoliang slaps Hao Shuai

Since the World Table Tennis Championships 2011, the removal of Hao Shuai from the Mens Singles first team selection has shown a lot of sympathy from his fans. The slapping incident back in 2007 is believed to show speculation that Liu Guoliang's relationship with Hao Shuai isn't the strongest...
  8. Game, Set and Match - Zhang Jike becomes World Champion

An extraordinary World Table Tennis Championships 2011 saw rising star Zhang Jike face former World Champion Wang Hao in a packed Ahoy Areana in Rotterdam. In the semi finals, Wang Hao defeated Ma Long of China 4-2 whilst Zhang Jike beat the last European Quarter Finalist Timo Boll in an epic...
  9. WTTC 2011 - The life of an umpire

Well arriving here was pretty smooth, just an hour flight and we were met at the airport and taken to venue by car for accreditation, we had referee briefing then to hotel. The venue is fantastic and the host association are doing an amazing job from top to bottom, you can tell they have put a...
  10. Chinese Team not staying in Rotterdam at WTTC 2011

The Chinese National Team including the likes of Ma Long, Xu Xin and Wang Hao are currently playing in the World Table Tennis Championships 2011. However they are not actually staying in the Rotterdam hotels like the rest of the players.The reason for this is that the Chinese players want to...
  11. Training Videos at WTTC 2011

Footage of the practise sessions in Rotterdam - Scroll through the thread to view all the embedded training videos including all the Chinese National Team, Koreans and lots more!. Enjoy Hi guys! This thread is for all the training videos and pictures of training from the WTTC 2011. A big Thanks...
  12. Wttc 2011

World Table Tennis Championships, Rotterdam, NED, May 8 - May 15 Ok guys! The World table Tennis Championships 2011 starts tomorrow. The biggest event of the year that we have all been waiting! This is the Official WTTC 2011 Thread for this site. Use this for all the latest news, fixtures...
  13. Werner Schlager withdraw's from WTTC 2011

More disappointing news in the TT world guys as Werner Schlager former world champion in 2003 has to withdraw on his campaign in the World Table Tennis Championships 2011. Photo Source: http://www.wsa-tt.com 38 year old Werner Schlager from Austria has been having trouble with his neck for...
  14. Wang Hao eyes on 2012 London Olympics

Current reigning World Champion Wang Hao will be going into his 5th World Championships singles this year in May and its an important one. Hao has been through a lot in the TT world. The WTTC is just a stepping stone for Wang as he eyes on the London 2012 Olympics, so he can be a grand slam...
  15. Ma Long, "Wang Hao has best chance at WTTC 2011"

On the 24th April 2011 the Chinese Men's warm up games for the upcoming World Table Tennis Championships had just finished. The winner was Ma Long beating Yan An 4 games to 1. A Chinese reporter interviewed Ma Long after the match. Ma Long quoted, “I tried to take control over the game and...
  16. Sad News - Maze Withdraw's from WTTC 2011

Superstar Michael Maze world ranked 18 withdrew from the World Championships 2011 this week. The former European Champion in 2009 said to sporten.dk, " I still have pain and can not go down at the knees. It takes maybe a month or two before I can train," Photo Source: Kim Kyong-Hoon © Scanpix...
  17. Ma Lin believes he can win WTTC 2011

Reiging Olympic Champion Ma Lin did not qualify through the China Trials to book a place in the World Table Tennis Championships in May 2011. However, coaches of the Chinese National Team squad believe he is a key player and should be part of the team in Rotterdam next month. Ma Lin at 31...
  18. Results at WTTC 2011

KEEP UP TO DATE, I will be posting all results as I watch them. This will be a haven for publishing the upsets of the tournament and general discussion on matches and predictions for the finale!!! :D It's getting closer and it's time for ttdaily users to get down to business and pick their man...
  19. China Players selected for WTTC

Four Chinese male players have been listed into 2011 Rotterdam WTTC.They are Zhang Jike, Wanghao, Hao Shuai and Ma Long. According to the new rules issued by International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF), China has seven singles berths for men and women respectively, together with three doubles...
  20. World Table Tennis Champioships Rotterdam

I am not quit sure if there already a thread about the WTTC 2011 ;) Only 119 days to the start Official Website: http://www.2011wttc.com/home.html Who will win the WTTC ? Surprises ? My thoughts: I dont want to determine on one player, I can't dicide between Ma Long, Wang Hao and Timo Boll...