opponents

1. Do you enjoy playing opponents that use tacky rubbers more than tensors?

To me playing against players that use tensor rubbers has never been that much fun. The ball always springs from the racket and the game is very linear, which translates into being boring. And the ball mostly travels most of the time with the same trajectory and it feels like it's too fast...
  2. Picking opponents and equipment upgrade/change requirement???

Hey all, How are you doing during this COVID crisis? hope you are staying safe but still enjoy table tennis from wherever you are. Well, i can't stop playing table tennis, but i have many bad situations in my life that prevents me to play it very regularly, but i try my best to keep going in...
  3. What are some habits I should look for in my opponents?

So a little background: I recently came back to table tennis after a 2 month break. During that time, I got really good at a fighting game called Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. In competitive play, a big part of the game is to notice your opponents habits and keeping track of them so you can make...
  4. Do you make notes on your opponents?

Hi all I like to make notes about my opponents (see my article here: http://www.tabletenniscoach.me.uk/make-notes-about-opponents/) I find it a really useful way to anaylse my performance and develop tactics against specific opponents. But I feel like I'm in the minority. Does anyone else...
  5. Opponents hiding service

What do you do when your opponent hides their service with their bodies and the umpire wont't do anything?
  6. Recognizing opponents spin

Against players with a higher level I make alot of serve returning mistakes. I'm looking forward to your advice to read the spin better.