questions

1. J-pen single hinoki ply questions

I went to a sports shop in taipei and there was some 1 ply taiwanese hinoki handmade jpen blades and I want to buy one, but I have some questions. 1.How do you choose a good hinoki blade looking by the wood feeling when hitting a ball and appearence? 2.Which type of rubber is good to go with...
  2. Shakehand transition, basic questions.

Hi guys, I’ve been practicing shakehand for the past month or so and could use a few pointers. As a background, I played penhold (Jpen inverted->Cpen short pips – single sided) for ~7 years. Had a very good coach for 2 years of weekly coaching so I’d like to think the basics are...
  3. pips questions

how long does a short pips last for? i got moristo sp seems to work for me
  4. Questions about aliexpress

1.Are they legit? Can't find comments on them online. 2.How would you use the percentage of positive feedback to avoid dodgy sellers? for example how high does it have it have to be for you to consider it as legit? What is the range for slightly dodgy? What % is too dodgy? 3.Is aliexpress only...
  5. General questions and Equipment Recomendations for a college player

I may have mentioned this earlier in another thread some time ago, but I'm currently a college student who's been playing at my university's table tennis club for 2 years now. Our school is small and we do not have a coach or really adequate players/training equipment, but we make do and we're...
  6. Questions about gluing rubbers

When glueing a rubber, how much pressure should you apply? Should it be a lot or just enough to get rid of bubbles and to make them stick to the blade? If I press hard, I figured it's pretty inconvenient and annoying to reglue the rubbers because they shrink a lot after I get them off of the...
  7. VARNISH BLADE - According to Varnish the blade i have questions ! - VARNISH BLADE

Hi Anybody who knows about this theme please take me out of my doubts i have varnished my blade with a normal wood varnish but i least i diluted a little just because it was very viscous so my question are... 1-my blade weight more now? 2-Shoud it be hurting my blade in some ways because of...
  8. Questions about "feeling"

I've heard many times that "feeling" is really important in table tennis, but I don't quite understand what it is exactly. Does it mean feeling the ball? What advantages do you get with more feeling? What does it help you with?
  9. New rubbers for mid-season -- questions and guidance

Hey guys, Since the beginning of this season (including the summer period), I've been playing with Adidas Hypertouch and Rhyzer 48 max on FH and Rhyzer 43 max on backhand. The season will come to the half around January, and my rubbers are feeling the age, and in desperate need of replacement...
  10. Questions about building blades

I've started making my own blades. So far i made 2, but they are still missing the handles. That got me thinking on a few things. Has anyone tried these? 1. Making the same blade but with different handle length, or even handles with different lengths on the same blade? Would this work as a way...
  11. Setup Questions

Hi Guys! I would need some counseling, been playing for the last 3-4 months with a Tibhar Stratus Powerwood (has a really awesome feel to it) paired with Tibhar's Evo MXP rubbers on both FH & BH. Kind of love this setup, it really helped me to brush up my technique, however I think I've hit a...
  12. Questions about Intensity NCT Blade

Hi everyone, Since I changed from handshake grip to penholding style, my Eternity VPS V FL will be retire soon. Therefore, I'm looking for another blade which is pen-hold style, and what I found the one I like the most is Intensity NCT. What rubbers will you guys suggest on Intensity NCT as it...
  13. blade characteristic questions

Hello, can I ask what is the difference between stiff and flexible blades , hard and soft blades? what are their effect to the game? What is the difference of thin and thick blades.. are thick blades no good for cpen blades (with rpb) ? Thank you very much
  14. A bunch of questions about getting a new racket?

I'm a beginner/recreational level player. I use a R.I.T.C Friendship 729-2 rubber on both side and the blade i'm not sure what it's called. It's a premade bat from China - I don't think it's any good at all. At the club i visit, many have told me that my rubber feels weird/too old/too basic and...
  15. [Questions] Ping pong Tips and Tricks

Hi everyone, I am a newbie. I have just practiced ping pong for 2 months. Today I want to ask you some tips and tricks that can help me to improve my skill. I have just read some tips and tricks online and I have found an interesting article about tips of ping pong but I don't know how...
  16. Shuki Development and Questions

Making this thread for advice and general things I've noticed in my short lived table tennis career What to expect from this thread? Video's (within about a month) Strategies Questions about gameplay Strengths and weaknesses General Discussion Advice Table Tennis Background I first...
  17. Basic Table Tennis Terminology Questions

1. What is bottoming out? For the longest time I thought it was when I made a stroke and the ball never dug far enough into the rubber to make contact with the wood, and thus the ball would just drop as it was never propelled. But recently someone told me it happens more with thinner rubbers...
  18. Butterfly Garaydia Revolver-R QUESTIONS

Has anybody had experience with this blade? a friend of mine is looking to get a jpen blade and plays rpb. one big question about the blade is, is the cork in a semi circle on the back of the blade. All info about the blade is welcome, thanks!
  19. TableTennisDaily Podcast #5 - Simon Gauzy

What’s going on everyone, this is the 5th episode of the TableTennisDaily podcast with current world number 34 and French National Team player Simon Gauzy. Simon currently represents Ochsenhausen in the top division in the German League where he trains and competes full time. Simon is only 21...
  20. some questions about table tennis in USA

I would like first to know how much does playing TT in USA, the amount of money every year needed to play table tennis in USA. I think it's a major reason to decide people in playing. And is it possible to have an equivalence at competition levels between USA and France ?