opponent

1. Is Harimoto's screams disrespectful to the opponent?

Recently I had a debate with a co-player from my club concerning the "screams" of Harimoto. He claims that Harimoto shouts to hype himself, while I believe he shouts to intimidate and irritate the opponent in an unsportsmanlike fashion. The question in short is: "Do you believe that the...
  2. Play Opponent with little weakness and good reach(fast)

Hello yesterday i played a young very tall opponent with extrem forehand grip and court coverage (30 years, i am 26) his strong sides were: @good short pendulum serves with little spin(no spin serve, and sometimes medium underspin) and a good reverse topspin serve as changeup, hard to...
  3. Shout, Mercy! Mercy! Mercy! when your opponent is too good or Brexit gets too much

I first heard this song as a 12yo back in the sixties. It's still one of my favourites. It's also the only tune I know where the crowd is part of the music. "You know, sometimes we're not prepared for adversity, When it happens sometimes we’re caught short. We don’t know exactly how to handle...
  4. How to Read Spin of The Opponent's Serve ( Table Tennis )

An EXTREMELY IMPORTANT STEP to be able to return the opponent's serve well! We spent more than a month writing content and editing this video to help you read spin of the opponent's serve so you can return the ball in the best possible way. In this video, we show you some basic key point to...
  5. What To Do If Your Opponent Serves Illegally

Sometimes you face an opponent that has an illegal serves. What do you do about it? In my case I tend to say nothing at first, but if he does it again and again I do tell him. Now you know how that is in clubs without a referee.... Some just don't give a **** . What do you do in those cases...
  6. TT Ap : easily take note about opponent ?

Hi, Do you know if there is a TT Ap where I can easily take note about my diffrent opponent ? Have a nice day,
  7. My trick serve to fool confuse opponent with Backspin and Topspin

Long time back, I was obsessed with Ma lin Ghost serve and spent hours trying to figure it out. Then, I saw videos where he fooled the opponents with top spin looking like backspin and finished it with flick or cross diagonal forehand. This inspired me to develop my way of working on this...
  8. How to know where your opponent is going to serve - before he serves?

Can anyone help me on how to know where your opponent is going to serve - before he serves? This will help alot in my games Discuss below!
  9. Please help me how to receive opponent's services in the best way !

Hi all, At that time, I can play quite well both back hand and right hand, but I always encounter a big problem when I receive services from my opponents, it results in my loss. I need you to help me to improve it, thanks.
  10. what do you say to an opponent..

when i play with players a little bit lower ranked than me and i do my serves, some of them tell me that i'm hiding the ball while serving, happened twice and sometimes it pisses me off. players with the same level and higher than me, and even some lower than me aren't arguing about my serve...
  11. Tips: Watch opponent paddle/ball or both?

I am a new member. My coach always tells me to watch her paddle when I have TT training with her. On the internet TT forum, others suggested to watch the incoming ball. I think when you watch the incoming ball it might be too late to move into the right position to hit the ball than to watch...
  12. latest vid w/ same opponent :)

are there any improvements?
  13. Shakehands after match has to be first to go to the opponent

Especially when I watch the chineses players (male AND female), after a won match they often shakehand first to the umpire and not to the opponent. They avoid going first to the beaten player. What is the reason for this? What does it mean? My opinion: it is very, very unsportsmanlike. Do you...