receive

1. Serve receive fine tuning

I encountered this video coaching service receive, which is woefully thin on English translation, but in careful review I found some helpful insight. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiKoMIPEuWQ It appears the instruction for preparing to receive includes getting low and balanced, then lifting...
  2. Yoo Nam Gyu ('88 Olympic Champ) sez Serve Receive is IMPORTANT

Here is a vid of YNG showing a city Div 1 player (who acts like he receives 5 levels below his level) (You would know if you see his youtube channel) Tak-Kyu. Subs are in Korean, but YNG is showing enough that a translation is not really needed.
  3. Rules on where you can stand to receive

I was playing in a league match last night and in the doubles one of the opposite team (when his team was receiving usually) stood past the end of the table on their lefthand side so seemed really close to me when i was serving from the right quarter :-) We won pretty easily so didn't matter...
  4. [LHTT #64_Home Training] Lefty's Various Receive

https://youtu.be/_Lv9deGtpjg
  5. Service receive of left/right sidespin

​​For the common sidespins I know that the racket has to angle either towards left or right depending on the type of serve they doing. For example if opponent serve standard pendulum or reverse pendulum or backhand serve or punch serve, also if he is right or left handed, it all produces...
  6. backhand rubber only for block/receive/fishing

Hello! I am looking for a new backhand rubber and i am basically doing three things on backhand: -return of service -fast blocks/konters with little movements and suprising change of directions close to the table -fishing/lobbing if far behind the table So i need a rubber which has a good...
  7. Service Receive

I would like to ask what you focus on when receiving serve, or how you read it. Do you watch the bat to ball contact? What if you can't see it properly or only just about last second? Do you watch the flight of the ball? or the spin? Or all of the above. I have got back into TT few months now...
  8. Short video of serve and receive training

Helloooooo, Here's a short video I took last night of me and my team mate doing a serve and receive drill....its not exactly game intensity as I was just back from a longish injury break, but would love feedback on anything I could work on. The drill was theoretically push returns off short...
  9. SP Forehand: How can i receive short balls and Float ball serves?

Good day everyone, i just changed from Inverted to SP 2 weeks ago. I became more active. i am currently having problems in receiving short heavy underspin serves and Long float balls. For heavy underspin: its hard for me to push since it pops up most of the time What i did was twiddle to my...
  10. Need help in serve receive

Hello good people, recently i faced some problems in receive serve from new player in tournament & also in practice matches. I started play table tennis about a year ago. Most of the time, I miss the long serves. I don't understand that my opponent is going to serve short or long. I know you...
  11. What serve(s) would you rather not receive?

Trying to develop a service routine as currently I have limited time back to the game and limited practice opponents but a wealth of spare time as I am now retired. I recently purchased a robot and table so I can practice the service game but I cannot really tell if what seems spinney and tricky...
  12. How to perfect your timing on the backhand banana flip receive?

Usually, when i have a sidespin serve sent to me, i will often do a backspin push, or tap the ball over. I know how to do the banana flip as i practiced it before, but i always worry about my timing. My problem is that i will get ready, but a backspin serve might come, so i might be late to...
  13. caracas bh receive

http://cdn.laola1.tv/ittf/iframe/player.html?pfad=mp4:CHANNEL1-Seniors/2016/ittf_kuwait/160318_t2_ZHANG_Jike_CHN_KARAKASEVIC_Aleksandar_SRB karaka's game was so simple it looked like an amateur was playing. yet it seemed to bother zjk a lot. the simplest short bh serve was enough to disturb the...
  14. Question on receive technique

Hello there! Since it's really hard to study tabletennis techniques just watching and rewatching videos on Youtube, i was thinking to post here my question, where players with more experience and deeper knowledges could help me. Supposing that you are playing against an opponent that serves...
  15. No Bounce Receive - Table Tennis Miracle!

You don't see this to often! Imagine if players started doing this! Question: Would this shot be legal or illegal? :) <iframe src="https://vine.co/v/e3vhBd7B2u2/embed/simple?audio=1" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script...
  16. Look at this amazing backhand receive

Look at Morizono do his backhand receive. His backhand receive not only is fast but its looks effortless. Whenever i do this, i can't get the ball to go that fast as him.
  17. Please help me how to receive opponent's services in the best way !

Hi all, At that time, I can play quite well both back hand and right hand, but I always encounter a big problem when I receive services from my opponents, it results in my loss. I need you to help me to improve it, thanks.
  18. Incredible Receive Of Serves!

I've seen Korean players and even China players such as Ma Long do this shot but not to this extent. Check out the innovation of these recevie of serves in the video below!
  19. Different Ways to receive Inverse side spin

Hey guys ,i need your help in knowing some elaborated techniques in receiving Inverse Side Spin Serve from both back hand and forehand,,:cool: