surface

1. Gaps along and between surface wood grinds

Hello everyone So sometimes when I look at blades, I notice some of them got more "gaps" on the surface compare to other. I wonder how big/many/much gaps are normal, and what do you consider to be on the other end of the spectrum. I remember once getting a (lightly weighted) Tihbar Samsonov...
  2. Sanding blade surface + general gluing difficulties

Hi all. I've had a Stiga Rosewood blade for about 3 years now and over that time I've learnt how to glue table tennis rubbers properly when changing or regluing rubbers! However a recent issue I've been having is that the rubbers keep having air bubbles underneath and I'm finding it impossible...
  3. HELP! - Killerspin MYt7 Pocket - Scratches on Table Surface

Hi everyone, I purchased a Killerspin MYt7 Pocket (Black) and have had it for a little over a week. Immediately after starting to use the table the ball was leaving what appeared to be "dust" or wet marks on the table. Almost every time the ball was hitting at any bit of pace it was leaving a...
  4. Moist surface on the rubber.

Hello Everyone, Since a time back I´ve gotten bigger and bigger problems with my rubber losing grip after playing for an hour or so. I always thought that the problem was due to high humidity in the air. I have been in contact with the municipality that has checked the carbon dioxide content...
  5. Butterfly Tiago Apolonia ZLC or Butterfly Viscaria (Normal and Fish Scale Surface)

Hello, I have DHS Hurricane 3 Neo Provincial Blue Sponge 2,15 39 on forehand and Butterfly Tenergy 05 on backhand. Which blade is the best for attackers close to the table, rotation and stronger topspin, but also with good control and defense? Which is the difference between Butterfly Tiago...
  6. Hino surface, 2 carbon

HANNIBAL Amongst all the blades, There remains only one last question. Choose carbon or not? Amongst all the carbon blades, There remains some questions stop us to buy more. Less feeling, less spin and heavier weight. Nexy will have been selling this "Hannibal" blade for more than 100 years...
  7. Materials for the blade surface(1,2,3 ver)

This topic will be very interesing ones for everyone here in this forum. I'm not sure how much agreeable for you this analysis will be,because it's not about mechanic calcuation only. In some ways, this part should be considering each player's different style. For examples, how the swing goes...
  8. Materials for the blade surface(3)

Ok, now we have two factors. Hardness and Feeling. But this can not be mechanically simple. For an example, lots of blades are using KOTO on their surfaces, but most of them use very thin koto, and in that case, koto becomes like a very thin metal plate, which affects on the ball directly, but...
  9. Materials for the blade surface.

Ok, now let's get to the point. So, now you know there are two different loopings, from my category. Now I will show the general differaces of three materials. 1. General hardness Hinoki is normally very soft. It becomes damaged easily, so you need to be careful about it. Limba is still soft...
  10. Materials for the blade surface

Materials for the blade surface(1) This topic will be very interesing ones for everyone here in this forum. I'm not sure how much agreeable for you this analysis will be,because it's not about mechanic calcuation only. In some ways, this part should be considering each player's different style...
  11. how to clean the surface of a table tennis table

I purchased a really nice Table Tennis table. I am starting to accumulate fingerprints and some minor drip marks from sweat on the table top. The owners manual is in Chinese and does not say what to use to clean the table top with. I tried to contact the manufacturer but they never replied. I...
  12. Microwave - Harden surface, reduce weight?

Hi all:) Just came across some videos of Stiga's, about their new blades, and it reminded me about something i read long time ago in a Hong Kong forum. I remember people were saying something about using the MICROWAVE to both harden the blade, and reduce its weight. Not entirely sure, if im...