modern

1. Modern replacement for BTY Oh Sang Eun blade

Hi all, Sorry for starting an equipment based thread in the never ending sea of them. I recently lost my absolute favorite blade to de-lamination. Maybe the hand sanitizer dried it out, I don't know. It's an old BTY Oh Sang Eun, so no way I can replace, and honestly, after it de-laminating...I...
  2. my 10 year old nephew wants to start playing modern defensive

10 year old nephew wants to start play defensive Hello guys, this time I want to talk about my nephew. He started playing ping pong with me since last year. during that time, he saw some matches, one day I was watching Ma Lin vs Joo Se Hyuk and he appeared in the room, looked at the game and...
  3. advices + opinion for the modern chinese penhold block game

Playing a few games and observing my training without a ball, a famous game with the shadow, I realized that my style is close to the table and also in the middle distance, I use the active tpb blocks and in the middle I sometimes switch to the penhold reverse backhand block. most of the time...
  4. Am I mad? Thinking of changing style to modern defender

I imagine the answer is probably yes and its the wrong idea, but.. I have been toying with the idea of changing style to a modern defender. What do you think are the skillsets or key strengths that fit that style? To see if they align. Ive always played with two reverse rubbers in an...
  5. Need help to change to modern equipment

Hello everybody, actually im playing a Stiga Classic Off Pro and on it a Donic BlueStorm Z2 2.1 on the forehand and Tibhar Speedy Soft 1.5 (short pips on the backhand). Overall I have the feeling that the blade is somehow dull. The angle with what tue Ball leaves is too low and i have to work...
  6. Why no reverse modern defenders?

I am curious why all the so-called modern defenders typically use inverted on their forehand and counter/loop on that side, and use long pips/short pips and chop on the backhand. Since forehand offensive shots are more powerful/more spinny due to biomechanics of the forehand side, I would...
  7. Chinese rubbers in the modern TT era

I caught the highlights of the FZD/XX marvelous 12 match. It was very intresting to see XX engage in close to table BH-BH rallies with FZD, and fight his instincts to step back and take full swings. At one point, he even flipped his paddle and started using is BH red rubber on his FH. I don't...
  8. Durable modern thin topsheet - thick sponge rubber

Hi folks, I bought a sheet of Donic Bluestorm Z1 and after 2 months or 40 hours of play it is quite strongly worn out. Are all of these new rubbers so bad or is there something more durable that I could buy??? The main problem is the TOPSHEET. Yes, the rubber shrunk somewhat - factory tuning...
  9. Modern defensive - tornament

Interesting matches. Very high level of the game. Only shares !!! A lot of interesting games. A lot of good services.
  10. Review Yasaka Elfrark - modern defensive youtube

11. Modern JPen blades - overview??

Hi, this is my very amateur attempt to start a discussion on a selection/classification of Jpen blades, there is so much choice for Shakehand or even Cpen but Jpen is a complete mystery to me. PLUS THERE ARE NO POPULAR MODELS IN JPEN. Please feel free to add your comments, experience etc. Are...
  12. Trying to find an inverted rubber for a modern defender? What should I go for?

I've been playing with a cream transcend 2.0 on both sides and an ALL blade. I want to try and get a rubber to 1.8 roughly but not sure what you guys would recommend? I really enjoy watching videos of attackers vs modern defense and how they chop the ball from far away or quickly switch to...
  13. Modern replacement for Donic Solo rubbers

Hey guys I am looking for a decently priced and widely available replacement for Donic Solo rubbers I used to use. I switched to 729 Focus 3 Snipes because they are cheaper and easily attainable but I think I would benefit from a switch back to proper European rubbers. I use a Donic Waldner...
  14. Modern Chinese rubbers

Hello, this is my first New Thread in this forum. I am experimenting with Chinese rubbers without tuning and wanted to create an overview. Yasaka Rising Dragon - like a nontensor rubber wih a tacky topheet, speed at Coppa/Sriver level, more spin Xiom Tau - really heavy, really hard sponge...
  15. Leaning back in modern over table loop

Hello. I've noticed that just about every Chinese top player leans back when they hit backhand loops. I also do this without any formal training and I've found it to be effective in increasing pace and allowing me to make the distance larger in a whim if need be. The lean is not throughout...
  16. Can anyone recommend a modern alternative to Timo Boll Spark blade?

Hi guys, I've been looking at the Timo boll spark and Korbel blades. I know the Korbel is still in production. But can anyone tell me of any recently released (in the last couple of years) that are similar to both of these blades? Thanks
  17. Which pimples rubbers are the most common among the pro modern defenders?

I was wondering, among all the professional modern defenders in the game, which few pimples rubbers tend to be the most popular among them? And why? I ask because I've noticed in my local leagues there's been a massive tendency to use Sauer & Tröger Hellfire. But it doesn't seem the pros use...
  18. modern backhand and flicking over the table

Is it possible to use the modern backhand flip over the table on a short heavy backspin ball? I think its not and high levels players don't even bother doing so. I can't tell if a serve has heavy back spin when watching on TV.
  19. Term for modern defender stroke?

Almost every modern defender has a stroke they use on their forehand side where they use a very short stroke and seem to basically block or scoop a heavy topspin shot when they are back from the table. Not a full swing loop, and it seems they are just making a safe shot back on the table. Anyone...
  20. Which long pimples for modern defence?

Guys, I need some help. In April I changed to Grass d.TecS 1.2mm from Curl P1r 1.0mm - my results with both have been mixed, although I would say perhaps marginally better with the TSP, but they've been good with both. So, which would your recommend? P1r or dtecs? NB I play grass DTecs on a...