back

1. Harimoto innerforce SZLC alternative? back-up blade for tournaments

Hello,So I bought myself a Harimoto Inner SZLC at a 40% discount ( someone bought it and stoppoed playing and sold it to me brand new), I and it works like charmMy problem is that Amateur tournaments here, you play around 10 matches in a day, with lots of people in the same room, high...
  2. Hints to making videos of lifting back spin.

Making a good video takes a little planning and experimentation. Getting the right camera angle is key. It is apparent to me that how one makes the video is as important as the skill of the looper returning the back spin. It is best if the video show looping balls that are below the net...
  3. Why do the table tennis rankings on the home page date back to 2016???

Why do the table tennis rankings on the home page date back to 2016?
  4. Jpen why take back handle cork off

Hello guys I have a question why do some jpen players take off the back handle cork off/ (not the cork sheet but the handle) is there benefits or a reason as to why players do that? I believe Ryu Seung Min does that from what I heard but never understood why they do that please help me out in...
  5. Research Review: The "Ready Position" and Back Pain

Hey guys! I'm starting a free "research roundup" service for table tennis players. If you'd like to get an email once a month or so with a roundup of the latest research on table tennis, you can join here: https://mailchi.mp/8daf7851fcd0/research-roundup-signup The first issue comes out on...
  6. Holding Back

So I'm a 1800 rated player and the club i am currently playing at due to Covid-19 only has 1500s or below. I do play matches, but win easily 3-0 with points like 11- <7. It's not that fun. So I just ask if they want to practice. Obviously they do, but when we practice I can give them drills...
  7. Ratings Central is back

Just saw that RC has processed a whole load of old tournament results and thus should probably be able to give us a fairly decent list of pro players' actual playing strength. Here is the current top ten: Seems about right?
  8. Buying a 2nd or back up blade and rubber

In returning to play TT after many years away, it's unbelievable how much has changed with availability of blades and rubbers. After 37 year absence, and now being 66 years old, I had these questions. Are my reflexes sufficient to still play? Can my body take the physical demand? In my first...
  9. GLUING inverted rubber top sheet back to my sponge. HELP needed!!

Much appreciated for any help or advice.:D I used to play TT a lot a few years ago and I'm picking up again. I need a racket in doing so BUT the top sheets of my old racket seem to have detached from my sponges after about a week of use. I did some research. All in all, I peeled the two...
  10. How do you hit the ball with so much backspin that it comes back to your side?

How does this Pongfinity guy do it? Go to 1:23 in the video. Is he using a special rubber, or is it just skill?
  11. Going back to Tenergy 05 hard ,not liking the boosted H3 nat at all

Wassup guys , so i purchased a H3 national , and proceeded to boost , after a couple of days (the time it took to do the procedure) installed it on a Jun Mizutani SZLC all of a sudden my forehand is , to put a word on it ,id say not reliable , (i hope i'm making sense ), so i i took it off and...
  12. Back in china and need advice on what to buy

I’ve previously made a post of me in China 2 years ago in a TT shop where I bought some DHS rubbers. I’ve now come back to the same place to check it out and the guy remembers me! He was so nice and said that he would give us a discount on the stuff we buy for our loyalty. I’m thinking of...
  13. Retro Behind The Back Shot !!??

Hi Everyone, have you ever seen a shot like this one ?
  14. getting quickly back in position after serving

Personally i think its one of my biggest weakness Apart from repeating drills, or shadow training etc... does anyone have any special ideas or tips how to improve on that ? I think it's also linked to how to execute well a good 3rd ball ? its linked to making a good serve and being in...
  15. Why waiting for back spin balls drop before looping back works.

Actually, hitting back spin balls at the peak makes the most sense from a physics point of view. There is a better line of sight to the other side of the table. However, there are problems that occur because we are human and not perfect. After I watched videos of others and me hitting too...
  16. [CNT Tutorial] Ep 8: Fan Zhendong's FH Back-to-back Quick Loop

Per member Fabian's request. This one didn't take long to finish but it took me a while to start working on it since Hong Kong was blessed by Typhoon Mangkhut a week ago.
  17. Is Liu GuoLiang coming back?

Official announcement to be made in days, LGL will be the executive VP of CTTA (currently the no. 19 VP;)) and will be the one who runs the organization since CZH left the sports bureau. No question the guy is a true devotee of table tennis and a marketing genius as well. His return is a good...
  18. [LHTT #24_Korean Coach Lesson] Back & Forehand Combo

https://youtu.be/0xNm-7FXqKU
  19. Back Playing Table-Tennis

Been lurking on these forums a little while and thought I would ask advice, if you guys don't mind. And sorry for the long post! Had a hiatus from table tennis for over 10 years, used to play a quite lot recreationally in my teens to 20s, not competitively, but used to practice sometimes with a...
  20. Changing from Long pips back to inverted rubber

I've been playing for around 10 years, most of it on inverted rubber for my backhand, but 4 years ago I started using long pips for my backhand. I have quite a defensive play style, but I was thinking of changing my backhand rubber to inverted again. Should I do so, and if yes, which rubber...