chopper

1. What forehand rubber should I get as a chopper?

What forehand rubber should I get as a chopper? So far I tried Tenergy05, Tenergy05 hard, and Dicnics 09c. To be honest, I can't really tell which one was better. As for my forehand, I chop 30% of the time and drive away from the table 70% of the time. Are any any rubbers that you recommend...
  2. What do you think of this Korean chopper?

His name is Kim Jung Ho, a Korean S-tier amateur player. FYI, Korea has a tier system for amateur players (called 부수) ranging from 8 ~ 1 and S-tier. S-tier is given to players who received professional training when they were young. What do you think of his playing style? Most choppers have...
  3. Are there any choppers that defeated Xu Xin?

I've only seen videos where Xu Xin dominated against choppers. Are there any videos where the chopper beat Xu Xin? Did Xu Xin ever lose to a chopper? Can you share some videos of Xu Xin losing to a chopper?
  4. Why did Joo Se-Hyuk barely forehand-chop in his match against Ma Lin in 2003?

Why did Joo Se-Hyuk barely forehand-chop in his match against Ma Lin in 2003? Did he used to play like this? Why did he change from this to chopping with his forehand often?
  5. What is your favorite rubber to defend?

Hello, I want to know which defensive rubber is the most commonly used. Which have you used and which is your favorite? I am currently using TSP Curl P1R
  6. What do you think of using two pips out rubbers?

It is my first publication, I want to know what you think of using "Pips-out rubbers" on both sides, positive and negative points of doing so. Forehand: TSP Spectol Backhand: TSP Curl P-1 Blade: Butterfly Joo Se Hyuk
  7. Serving to a Pusher/Chopper

Hi friends, I have been struggling a lot lately with a handful of players I'm running into that play extremely conservative. Personally, I am most comfortable playing topspin to topspin away from the table, but I am running into these players (usually out of shape or older) that never want to...
  8. Has a chopper ever won a major title?

Has a chopper/defender ever won a major title? Major titles being: World Championships, World Cup and Olympic Games (feel free to include other highly prestigious tournaments). I know that Joo Se Hyuk came close once with a silver at a World Champs, but I can't think of any who have actually...
  9. [LHTT #27_Etc] Chinese Chopper Lesson

https://youtu.be/KJNCHwisAX0
  10. Chopper vs attacker in final of Bristol Junior open 4 star event Dec 2017

Since the introduction of the plastic 40+ ball, forum wisdom states that defenders are at an extreme advantage. Here are two juniors (under 17) going at it in a classic matchup of attacker vs defender. Background, Joseph Hee from London (Fusion TTC) and Singapore is ranked at number 3 in the...
  11. Waldner vs Chinese Penhold Chopper (2017)

12. Finally there is a famous chopper in table-tennis > Kapil Dev..or is he a looper ?

http://www.sportstarlive.com/table-tennis/when-kapil-tried-his-hands-in-table-tennis/article19372736.ece...
  13. Is trying to play a defensive/chopper style under 2000 USA basically worthless?

After bumbling around trying out the defensive styles for awhile, mainly aiming to chop... I have come to the conclusion that rarely anybody in the 1,200-1,900 USA rating range wants to loop the ball! And that winning by attacking seems much easier and quicker. So for anyone else out there...
  14. Ma Long's backhand against a chopper!

Ma Long using his backhand only against a chopper during training. Ma Long makes some errors, this is one tough exercise even for the Rio champion.
  15. Long Pimples and Chopper teacher in Korea wanted

Hi Everyone, I will visit Seoul from 22/12 to 30/12. I would like to learn more about defense style, using Long Pimples. Do anyone know where can I find good chopper coach in Seoul ? I can speak and listen little bit Korean but cannot read. My equipment information is Racket : Butterfly...
  16. The best Chopper: Joo Sae Hyuk vs Yan An !!!

Joo Sae Hyuk is the king of "chop" !!! Collection of videos about chopper: http://www.pp-station.com/search/label/%E5%89%8A%E7%90%83
  17. Chopper Rock! Wu Yang "Chops" Li XiaoXia to injury !!

Other Chopper Video: http://www.pp-station.com/search/label/%E5%89%8A%E7%90%83 Li XiaoXia injuried at 12:06
  18. Anyone like Chopper?

My style of play is a chopper. Wu Yang is my idol! We can use this discussion to share Chopping skills and videos here :) Share some great chopping rallies and matches ppl :)
  19. Help against a chopper

Hey guyzz ! Can someone give me some tips when playing against a chopper ! i can loop the ball after a few " chopping sessions " :P !! but really i need help when i try to push the ball it goes in the net ! some help :) Thanks
  20. Why does one become a chopper?

I suppose some of you are defensive players around here? How and why did you become one? I remember a guy from my old club back in the day telling me he had no choice, he never managed to improve his poor backhand and his coach made the decision for him. But the reality is, choppers rarely...