tourney

1. Higher Level Korean Amateur OX LP Div 1 lady in City Tourney vs Div 0

Hi All, Here is some higher level typical lady OX LP play... typical play style, but way higher level as ave level of ladies are Div 5 or Div 4. Most Korean OX LP ladies do NOT have a FH topspin, this one has a consistent, but weakish FH openers and very strong FH hit, which is typcical of...
  2. Korea - Div 5 City tourney Final

Hi everyone, Here is footage of the finals of the 2013 Bucheon Div 5 finals of the city tourney. This is what the top players in Div 5 city look like, not the average ones. Top players in City Div 5 are around 1500 USATT with whatever style they use. The aveerage level is more like 1000-1200...
  3. 2.29.2020 Walnut Creek 4-Star Tourney - WHO is going?

Der_Echte just registered for the Ultimate Fieldhouse 4-Star Tourney venue Walnut Creek Fieldhouse. I entered the Over 40, Under 2200 Singles, and the Under 4500 Doubles events. Scoobie Doo - Tsos suggested we play that event, even if we will be 3 levels lower than the top contending teams...
  4. Another Typical Korean Amateur TT Tourney

Here is what an amateur TT tourney in Korea looks like... costs 10 USD for singles, 10 USD for doubles, 10 USD for team event... free raffle prizes at midpoint. This vid has to Nexy sponsored Div 2 players - NATIONAL LEVEL. Typically, that is 2200-2350 USATT level. This is a university tourney...
  5. Seo Hyo Young Practice day before Tourney

An interesting vid of SHW's sister the day before a tourney with the girls and guys...
  6. 5 Yr old vid typical National Open Tourney in Korea

This is a vid of a match from 5 yrs ago. It was the 2013 DMZ Open, a national tourney open to any amateur TTer in Korea. This is Div 4... the top of this Division are 2200+ USATT... even though the division ought to have players only from 1600-1900 USATT. Enjoy. Some of you on USA East Coast...
  7. A typical Korean Amateur TT Tourney

Here is a vid of a match from your typical Korean Amateur TT Tourney. Note, the gym is always a city/municipal gym with upper floor seats (where your club claims a hundred of them and cooks lunch !!) Note, they all got scorekeepers, always, even if it is a player in group. Note, they coach...
  8. Out of Town Trouble Makers in ACTION @ Chinese Team Tourney

Like the title sez, TROUBLE MAKERS are up to the trouble making ways... This time it is a Sacramento Chinese Community celebration that includes a TEAM TOURNEY of 4-5 players per team with SDSDS format. This thread is the official Build-Up and general catch-all smack-tack game face thread...
  9. Kim Jung Hoon visits an Amateur Club Tourney and goofs off

Good POV intro into a medium large Korean TT club by Kim Jung Hoon, he gives a little background, shows a club tourney in progress, and goofs off for the crowd.
  10. TTD Members at Maryland National Training Center April 2016 Tourney

Hey everyone, BricePhan visited me at the MDTTC April 2016 Tourney today... and the bearded friend of mine whom I hope will join TTD and teach us a thing or three competed in my U2000 division. We both won our groups, advanced, but unfortunately had to play each other in the first game of single...
  11. Irkutsk open tourney 10-11 October

12. Typical USA Sanctioned Tourney

Someone made a lot of pics from a tourney in Florida and posted them in a vid collage on youtube. (What waz he thinkin' ???!!!) In a sanctioned tourney in USA, typically they rent out a city or county rec center gym floor and ALL ages and skill groups show up.
  13. First tourney in almost a year

I have registered for the MVTTC Winter Classic in 3 events: O40, Open, and Under 2200. Tourney is this Saturday. List of players http://www.mvttc.net/2015winter/players/ In USA, we classify players by a rating system. more points means you are higher level. When you register for an event, if...
  14. Sang-Am Tourney perhaps my last Tourney in Korea

KFTTC got together with the Seoul Vietnamese student association and a local TT club (Sang-Am) for a farewell tourney to Der_Echte. I am the one with a short haircut and big arms/legs. I leave next month after 4 years in Korea. I got a LOT of pics and war stories. My student friends got...