switch

1. Considering switch in blades YSE to JRE or XOS

Hello TTD, Lately, I was impressed by the responsiveness of this forum on a lot of topics regarding table tennis. I’m considering switching my table tennis blade, and I would like to know your opinions or experiences with any of these blades. Some background: I’m an offensive topspin...
  2. Should I switch from Timo Boll ALC to Stiga Carbonado 190

Hello there, this is my first post on any forum. A little background about myself, I've been playing for about 6 years. I transitioned from Yinhe T-11+ to Timo Boll ALC about 8 months ago. My current setup is TB ALC with T05 FH and Mantra M BH. As I've gotten to play with it for sometime I...
  3. How to eliminate BH Grip to a neutral grip or how to switch from BH Grip to FH Grip

Hi, I'm playing with a BH Grip and I'm a lefthander. So, it is not so easy to generate massive FH Topspins. Do you have any advice how to eliminate this BH Grip to a neutral Grip or how to switch easily between BH-Grip and FH-Grip ? Thanks and best regards. Erik
  4. Blaszczyk hand switch

5. Impressive Hand Switch Shot by Amateur Player

What do you think ?
  6. Is there a necessity to switch from BTY Primorac or just EJing?

Hi there, in the last few months I made great progress and even reached a German rating of over 1500, which is a personal best for me. This was quickly followed by a dip, which I even expected, because I personally would not estimate myself with that rating with my current skill set...
  7. Ma Long Hand Switch Shot 2017

Can You play with both hands ?
  8. Outrageous Swap Hand Shot by Feng Yalan!

This deserves a topic of it's own! Feng Yalan hits this absolutely ridiculous swap hand shot against Ding Ning at the China Trials Marvellous 12! See for yourself below! WOW! I have a feeling this will be the best shot of 2017! Insane!
  9. What made you switch to pips out rubber?

So... I have been thinking about switching to pips out rubber on my backhand. My main reason for doing this is that I find it very hard to learn a good, solid backhand top spin attack shot. I can block ok and flic decently, but for attacking with good top spin far from the table... too...
  10. DISCUSSION: Will ITTF switch back to celluloid balls if plastic balls failed?

This topic is just for discussion only. We know that the switch from celluloid to plastic was to slow down the game, reduce spin(allegedly to handicap China players) and make it more viewer friendly. HOWEVER..... Sure the game has slowed but I personally find the matches to be quicker as the...
  11. The moment that you switch from inverted to short pips ou long pips

Hey people, What's the best moment that we know we should change from inverted rubber, to short pips or long pips? For example, a forehand looper that uses backhand only to hit, lob or block should change to short pips? Or a guy that learns to play with a variety of strokes, like spinny...
  12. Why do we switch sides after every set?

I always wondered why do us, and professionals, switch sides after each game set? I understand that is part of the Ittf rules but why? Is there any advantage or disadvantage to switching sides? Is it so the coaches can see how other players play?
  13. Timo Boll: Around the net + Hand Switch

Timo Boll has surprised us in the past with his insane hand switch shots during big matches. One noticeable hand switch was against Jun Mizutani at the Volkswagen Cup 2011. You may also may remember Timo's hand switch against Chen Qi at the Kuwait Open in 2009. This time around, Timo pulls off...
  14. Amazing Hand Switch Rally by Oscar Perman!

Have you ever swapped hands in a rally to help you stay in the point? STIGA's Oscar Perman did just this and went on to eventually win the point! On occasions table tennis players switch hands when they are truly out of position. Timo Boll has done this before and the legend Grubba did it often...
  15. Is it possible to switch blades on a bat?

When I purchased my current bat, I was on a budget of £70. I stupidly when cheap on the blade, and went for mid-ranged rubbers. I was hoping to switch from my Donic Persson Exclusive to a Butterfly Balsa Carbo X5, but I don't want to spend extra money re-purchasing the same rubbers, considering...
  16. Chinese players tactics: Switch the blade side when SMASH

Hi all, I've created a new video based in a interesting behaviour I discover in chinese players... Check out... Cool, isn't it? What do you think?
  17. Non- Playing Hand

Right, I have watched a variety of table tennis videos over the years and have only a fare few players such as (Timo Boll) play with their non playing hand. And then it came to me as a first post on this amazing website experience I thought I would test you guys to post a video of what shots...
  18. ITTF Top 10 Hand Switch Shots

Hey guys,here's a video with some of the best "hand shots" in history. What's is your favorite?
  19. should i switch to short pips?

:confused: im thinkin abt switchin to short pips ....since im playin penhold now and my game is more flat hitting over the table.....but idk....i block and punch block...and i plan to used inverted on my rpb....im thinking abt getting 729 802-40....any advice? :D can someone also explain the...