ply

1. J-pen single hinoki ply questions

I went to a sports shop in taipei and there was some 1 ply taiwanese hinoki handmade jpen blades and I want to buy one, but I have some questions. 1.How do you choose a good hinoki blade looking by the wood feeling when hitting a ball and appearence? 2.Which type of rubber is good to go with...
  2. Blade builders can stabilized burl be used as top ply?

As title stated can stabilized burl be used as a top ply in blade building or does stabilization cause it to be unusable and ruin the characteristics and feel possessed and are only good for handles and decorations Are all Burl's stabilized with some sort of polimer or some are natural and can...
  3. 5 ply or 7 ply all-wood?

Hi Guys, last year I picked up tabletennis again after 15 years, I noticed that some things have changed, mainly the ball and tensor rubbers I guess. I'm an average player with a rating around 1300. I like to attack double wing, spinning as well as driving. Pushing and short play are one of...
  4. Fast 7-ply Allwood Blade

Hi, I wanted to get a 7-ply Allwood offensive blade and I got flustered with all the options in the market today. with that said I wanted to come up with a shortlist to serve as a starting point in deciding what to get. Budget is not a problem I am willing to spend some money provided that what...
  5. Single Ply hinoki blades

Hi, Can someone please make a comparison between these two blades. I have pasted the links below. https://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/darker-speed-90-hinoki-9mm https://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/darker-imperial-hinoki-2020-9mm Moreover what are the characteristics of single ply...
  6. Stiff 5 ply wood, does it exist?

;);););););)
  7. Differences between Andro's 7-ply blades

Hi guys, Have anyone tried more than 1 of Andro's 7-ply blades: CS7 Tour, Core 7 Off+, Timber OFF/S? They are all limba-ayous blades between 6.7-7mm. Is there any material differences or differences to head shape/size? I was looking for something a step up from my Clipper/Adidas and saw some...
  8. New Butterfly Viscaria Blade - Core ply is 2-piece?

Hello, I just picked up another Viscaria and I noticed that the core ply is not a single sheet of wood. Rather, it is two pieces spliced together. This is the kind of thing I see with my cheap $10-20 China blades. Have never seen this on any of my nicer stuff. Even my two $40 Sanwei blades...
  9. "Twin-ply sponge", anyone?

Back in the day I remember playing for a while with a rubber that had a multilayered sponge. Maybe it was from TSP. I think the idea was to have something that felt like a soft rubber in passive strokes that didn't bottom out too easily in more active engagement. I didn't adapt to it well...
  10. Head light (balanced weight) 5 ply blades?

Hi guys I don't like much head heavy blades because I find it compromises a bit manueverability close to the table. I feel a bit uncomfortable with it. Then I was wondering what were the blades that felt the lightests (5 ply blades, all wood, no balsa) when playing. Rubber weight affects the...
  11. All wood blades - Fast 5-ply vs Slow 7-ply?

Let's assume both blades are all-wood. I know 7-ply blades are usually faster than 5-ply blades, but there are always exceptions. I am interested to know the difference in characteristics between a comparatively 'fast' 5-ply blade like those with hard/Koto outer layer, versus a comparatively...
  12. What’s the composition of these blades? (See pictures)

I just got two new blades and I can’t find anything on the composition of them: 1) Yasaka Sweden Extra 2) Yasaka Silver All Wood Attached are pictures of the plies. Both are 5-ply all wood blades. I read that Sweden Extra has anegre (anigre) as an outer ply, but nothing on the inner plies...
  13. Butterfly ply.. Please Help!!

Hello Guys, I am new to this forum. I was wondering if someone could help me out with an issue i am facing. I have a Butterfly power 7 fl ply OFF+ which is quite old but i am skeptical about its condition. The ply still have the power but bubbles seems to set in when rubber is applied. I have...
  14. Looking for the best fit in stiga 5 ply wood blade

Hello, I’m looking for a new blade as I feel now really comfortable with the speed and control of my setup (stiga all around classic + 2 rakza 7 soft 2mm) and I think I can upgrade it now I’m looking for A 5 ply wood blade A stiga blade but I’m open to other ideas What is the most...
  15. Theory on hardness of outer ply impacting sponge penetration

Hey guys, so I have been thinking about my equipment... In general I like it, most things are good, some things could be better. I really like my H3 for looping against blocks and so on, it works really well. Opening up works too but something I think the sponge does not really help me although...
  16. Would switching to a 5 ply wood blade help at this point?

Hello, everyone, For quite some time now I've felt that my stokes are lacking control and consistency regarding positioning of the ball on the table. While my shots are powerful and quite spinny, it doesn't have that positioning of the ball I wished it had. For example, I recently played with a...
  17. FS:Hand crafted blade, 5-ply all wood.

After several requests to purchase one of my blades, I thought I'd offer one for sale. For sale: 5 ply Handcrafted blade. Koto - Douglas fir - ayous - Douglas Fir - Koto. 85g. 5.5mm. 149mm by 157mm head size. Flared handle with a thickness of 2.3mm and 3.4mm wide. The handle is made from beech...
  18. Opinions on the Ovtcharov Senso Carbon blade

I was given This blade by a vendor under the pretext that it is the best seller in the recent times. I have not seen anyone use it. If you have please let me know about it and it's characteristics
  19. 5 ply all-wood Off/Off+ suggestions

Hi All, Been trying to figure out the latest 5 ply all wood blades (off/off+) category for a while now and so far came up with the following: DHS Hurricane WL, Nittaku Ma Long 5, Nittaku Acoustic. Can anyone add to this list, i am preferably looking for blades that are designed for the poly...
  20. Hinoki-Carbon or 7-ply Allwood.

Hi guys! I am LP FH penhold blocker/hitter and RPB driver/blocker (please see my equipment for reference), and I am looking for a new blade. I made some research based on reviews and performance of different blades and also the price. My choices bottomed down to two blades. 1. Green Paddle...