alternatives

1. Viscaria alternatives

One of my friends wanted to buy a new blade. He thought about buying Viscaria, however since it now costs 170€, he doesn't want to buy it anymore (too expensive). Do you guys have any blades that are similar to Vis but less expensive? I told him to consider the Victas ZX Gear Out Blade, or the...
  2. Nittaku Airplay Information Composition / Information / Experience / Alternatives.

Hi Guys and Gals,Can you give me any kind of Information about the Compositon of the aformentioned Blade? I play this blade for a long time, and i love the shape, the handle and the wings of it ( i think its called the JO Shape / Waldner Shape ) but after returning to TT after a 10 year Hiatus...
  3. Dignics o9c short review/alternatives?

I have recently got into using o9c when I decided to buy me a sheet and my first impression is extremely positive now I do not know if it is worth the price but this rubber is top notch If you know what your doing. I feel that it is pretty forgiving and can even be recommended as a beginner to...
  4. Violin Alternatives?

Having just managed to fatally bash my second Violin of the year against the side of the table whilst disguising a particularly cunning heavy float serve I was wondering which 5ply blade by the main companies comes closest? I'm tempted to switch to an Alround Classic or an Allplay but is there...
  5. Joo Sae Hyuk blade alternatives

the joo sae hyuk blade was one of the best for cut defence but since it has been discotinued, what are some alternatives for this blade. also, how would the butterfly defence 4 compare to this.
  6. Alternatives to Nittaku Acoustic Carbon

Hi folks, I usually play with a Stiga Infinity but want to change my blade. My coach let me tried his Nittaku Acoustic Carbon with the rubbers I usually use (Yasaka Rakza 7 and Donic Bluefire M2), and I really noticed a big difference compared to the Infinity: Way more speed and way more...
  7. T05+T64 combination alternatives

Although this forum has had hundreds of similar threads, I want to know what the best alternative combination to tenergy 05 and 64 with 05 for forehand and 64 for backhand.
  8. Timo Boll Spirit Alternatives?

Hey Guys, Was just wondering can anyone reccommend a Timo Boll Spirit alternative which isnt butterfly. THanks;)
  9. [Poll] Best Tenergy Alternatives

Interested in having your opinion goo.gl/forms/fBdbIQg2Mi4DPWWW2 :)
  10. Adidas P5 alternatives

Hi all, I have played with Adidas P5 with max thickness (backhand and forehand) for about a year and I really love them but unfortunately Adidas don't make rubbers anymore. Do you guys have a alternative with same specs, feel etc. Thank you. Best regards, Bave
  11. Lighter alternatives to MX-P

Hi, I'm curious as to what other top Max ESN rubbers typically weigh and am considering lighter alternatives to MX-P. My Max MX-P's typically weigh around 47g each when cut for a 150x157mm blade. Considering EL-S, R-47, Rasants, Bluestorms... or even going 2.0 in MX-P. Thought?
  12. DHS Hurricane Long V - Alternatives? -

Hi there, are any alternatives to DHS Hurricane Long V out there? What I found so far: DHS Fang Bo ALC (B2) -> slightly stiffer DHS Hurricane 301 -> other top ply (Koto instead of Limba) Friendship/729 V-6 (seems to have huge weight differences, so not good predictable what kind of blade you...
  13. Alternatives to Stiga Clipper for OX pimples

Hi guys, I'm looking for a blade that is as close as possible to Stiga Clipper from DONIC? Reason being that my club has a DONIC sponsorship. There is an OX long pimple player from Sweden that uses the Clipper to chop, he's called Gustaf Ericson. And I'd like to try the same style. Thanks!
  14. Donic alternatives to Xiom DF rubbers! Please advise!

Hi everyone, Last night I tried my team mates bat and it is a £10 cheap blade he got from amazon, it isn't made by any company but it feels really good control and pretty light. Guessing sort of an allround slow blade style. It had the writing V Tube or something on it. Where can I get...
  15. Slower Clipper alternatives

Hi guys, as the title says, I'm looking for a blade that has similar stiffness/overall feel like the Clipper has. I am currently trialing a 96g Clipper that a friend of mine lend me, as want to change from my current setup with shortpips on the backhand and a Carbon Blade (TSP Reflex50 Off) to...
  16. Nittaku Hammond Pro Beta - alternatives?

A backhand favorite for many. Top of the line control, not too sensitive to incoming spin, automatic blocking, still not slow and good offensive capabilities. I heard however that it has problems gripping the new plastic ball. Can anyone confirm this? If it's true, can you guys come up with...
  17. Possible DONIC Timo Boll ALC, Timo Boll Spirit, Viscaria, Zhang Jike ALC alternatives

Has anyone tried each of the three obvious Donic alternatives for the popular koto-alc-ayous-kiri-ayous-alc-koto blades? Ovtcharov True Carbon- Pricey, but seems really good. No description on whether carbon is woven with arylate or some other alternative Baum Esprit- No one seems to like it...
  18. Tibhar Evolution MX-S Alternatives?

Hi guys, Im looking for an alternative to the evolution MX-S. I want something that can generate the same amounts of monster spin, and have the same sensitivity to spin as the MX-S and just be generally good all round, in the short game, looping underspin, counter topspins... I want something...
  19. Tenergy 05 and 64 alternatives

Hi there, Tenergy 05 and 64 are so popular but very expensive. What are the alternatives which are less expensive? I am an offensive intermediate player.
  20. Maze carbon alternatives.

Hi guys ,just wondering if anyone out there knows to any blade that is similar to a maze carbon. i have'nt played as much tt as i like to have done over the last few years ,but when i was playing regular i always played well with the maze blade. But most of you know what its like ,no matter how...