selection

1. Improving shot selection

Sup, I know this is kind of basic, but basics are foundation of every rally. I am experiencing some issues in matchplay where I pick wrong shot for incoming ball. I either loop the ball as if it was underspin ball when the ball is empty etc. Most notably I have issues trying looping high balls...
  2. Wood selection for handmade blade

Wood selection for handmade blade, I know a man can make me for not enough money a handmade combi blade, I'm push-blocker LP one side & looper-attack inverted hard the other side. What about the wood & thickness selection: Kiri 3/3.2mm (center) Attack side Spruce 0.8mm Limba 0.6mm Defense...
  3. Penhold Rubber Selection Advice

Hi, I am new to the forum. I am a beginner/intermediate level penhold player. My blade is a CS Butterfly Firehand. I currently have H3 on my forehand and Skyline 3 TG on my rpb backhand. My rpb is not great yet, but I am trying to find a good rubber to learn the rpb stroke better. I recently...
  4. USATT TTTeamUSA 2019 national team member selection

Hi, The USATT has selected its national team members for 2019. Absent from the list is the 2018 USATT National Women's Champion Liu Juan. As appears to be the case, the membership selection exists for the purpose of identifying USATT representatives in ITTF international competitions. It may...
  5. Blade and Rubber selection

I am practising to become more competitive gradually. I am not really very good but I know my strokes. I am thinking of getting a custom bat. I have a brief idea of the blades: Donic Appelgren Exclusive AR, Donic Appelgren Allplay, Donic Waldner Exclusive AR+. Not quite sure what rubber for the...
  6. CTTA new policy for player selection 2018

CTTA annouced policy for player selection for tournaments in 2018. http://www.ctta.cn/xhgg/ssxg/2018/0105/164682.html The description is unclear/non-specific and can be interpreted differently. Hopefully CTTA or CNT will make some clarifications...
  7. JAPAN Team selection tournament

The winners of those tournaments will be included in the Japan National Team for 2017 asian games and 2017 world championships on the Mens side, MIZUTANI and NIWA are already part of the team due to their rankings There was a group stage, 4 groups of 6 players with 2 players qualified into the...
  8. Help with rubber selection

I started playing again 2 years ago after a long break and initially was using Geospin Tacky. I also tried Sun MaxTense rubber but much preferred the control I got with Geospin. I'm very happy with using Geospin Tacky on my backhand as I normally hit or block topspin but push chop. However, I'm...
  9. Advice with selection of rubbers and blade

Hi everyone! I am playing table tennis for 5 years, and all the time I was the offensive player, but I can't reach my full potential with it. I see myself as an all-round player, more to defensive then attacking, as I don't make many errors throughout the match, but don't get a lot of winners...
  10. Zhang Jike ball selection (VIDEO)

In the video below you can see Zhang Jike and Xu Xin selecting a table tennis ball before their next match in the World Championships. This usually happens away from a spectators view point so this video is interesting. Does anyone know why Zhang Jike does this? I wonder if other top players put...
  11. China confirm players for London 2012 Olympics! (Official)

The Chinese National Team have released the list of whom will represent China at the London 2012 Olympics. The men's team picked is Zhang Jike and Wang Hao and the women's team picked is Gao Yan and Li Xiaoxia. The coaches have made their decision however it's not certain that these players...