shakehand

1. Kokutaku Allwood Shakehand Blades

Hello, this is my first thread here in the forum. I was wondering if anybody knows something about the Kokutaku Allwood Shakehand blades. The other day I was looking for some offensive 5 ply allwood blades in different tt online stores, and I found that at tt-japan.net they have a great variety...
  2. What if Xu Xin plays shakehand?

How do you think his style would change?
  3. Shakehand transition, basic questions.

Hi guys, I’ve been practicing shakehand for the past month or so and could use a few pointers. As a background, I played penhold (Jpen inverted->Cpen short pips – single sided) for ~7 years. Had a very good coach for 2 years of weekly coaching so I’d like to think the basics are...
  4. My transition from Penhold to Shakehand

Life may take something away from us, and it hurts us dearly. But it encourages us to make changes that we would not have made if things stayed the same. My finger injury has put a stop in my penhold journey for now, but opened the door to the shakehand grip. Here’s a short clip of my first ever...
  5. Penhold handle out of a shakehand blade ,is it possible?

Hi guys ,help me set my friend straight , my playing buddy showed up with a pen hold blade , and when i asked him ,he told me he cut the handle of a spare blade(shake hand blade)he had and that he wanted to try this type of grip ,i told him it wouldn't play the same as an "original"pen hold...
  6. (Table Tennis for All Shakehand Version) EP10.3: Forehand Slow Loop Tutorial

After much ado, the WTTC and Ishikawa bashing, I got around to subbing this tutorial upon a member request. This tutorial is really long and it took a lot of time and effort. If you find it helpful, I'd appreciate it if you will consider chipping in for a new piece of H3. Thank you.
  7. Penhold forehand vs Shakehand forehand

Hi again! As a beginner penholder, I'm wondering if there are any differences, big or small, between forehand strokes of penholders and forehand strokes of shakehanders. Is there a certain micro-adjustment that advanced penholders use to make their forehand more powerful/consistent? Does the...
  8. So I decided to experiment once…

Aloha everyone! So here comes maybe interesting in some way review of my super-customized racket! In short, I decided to make a little experiment when I had some «extra» coin. =) What exactly did I do? I was wondering what will be if you glue the 999 rubber with a «sponge» that's not really...
  9. Begginer looking for feedback (Shakehand)

Hello, I have been playing for a little less than one year and decided to start recording myself to further improve. As expected I did not came out unscratched, it's hard to evaluate yourself without video. I guess most of people who recorded themselves know what I'm talking about. Anyway, if...
  10. Fundamentals of shakehand vs penhold grip

Hey. What are the important points to consider for a penhold grip compared to a shakehand grip? How important is the wrapping of the thumb and index? How does it effect the stroke? What about the other fingers: can you for example RPB with straight fingers or is there a definite reason why...
  11. Question about Shakehand variations

Hey guys Today i was playing around with grips. Thend suddenly one particular change made so much sense and such a good feeling to play i was amazed. My old grip looked like this: Gripping the blade very close to the rubber. With this grip i had problems on the forehand, as it did not feel...
  12. Stiga Intencity v + rubber + LP?

Ok so, this is not for me. I'm just curious to know what others think about it. A friend of mine already has this with Sigma 2 Euro both sides. And it's pretty nice tbh. But could be better imo. His bh is btw pretty bad. So, I looked around to try figure out if the blade could be good with LP...
  13. My unorthodox Shakehand hold

explaination on the way I hold my paddle. audio needed so turn on sound ;). I didn't know how to explain in the video why flat hitting is more difficult with it. One idea to why is because I have less stability with this grip. I'll ask my coach why it's harder to do, I'll see her tomorrow.
  14. Shall I change from Penhold to shakehand?

After 2 years of training, I impoved a lot and now I play in Division 1 of my local league instead of division 3. But somehow I felt my backhand has always been my weakness and it stopped me from improving further. I have spent a lot of time practicing Penhold reverse backhand. I use RPB...
  15. Advice on Shakehand Blade

Hi, I started playing table tennis 4 months ago with chinese penhold, and I have learned the basic and intermediate skills (drive, topspin, push, decent footwork etc). However, I'm seeing that playing shakehand is a lot easier and more effective. So I'm thinking about buying a shakehand blade...
  16. Shakehand Grip Variations

Hey Tareq, I was on YouTube and this video happened to come up which shows exactly the grip I switched to. I still say you should learn what your coach is trying to teach you but here is a video that shows a grip that this guy is switching from and the new grip he is using. For anyone...
  17. Help with choosing custom racket (cpen or sh?)

Hey guys! This is my first post so I hope to get answers from you guys. I always looked up to this forum for great answers and today I'm going to ask somehow a personal question.:D I'm a righty shakehander in the Philippines and I've been playing table tennis for a year now with Tibhar Match...
  18. Ultimate Shakehand Player vs Ultimate Penhold player. Who will win?

Ultimate Shakehand Player Forehand over the table: Ma Long Forehand mid-distance: Wang Liqin Backhand over the table: Zhang Jike Backhand mid distance: Kreanga Forehand Block: Kenta Matsudaira Backhand Block: Waldner Serves: Waldner Tactics: Waldner Temperament: Zhang Jike (during an important...
  19. Training - Liu Goliang Shakehand Grip with Wang Hao

20. Movin from Shakehand to penhold

Hi guys, I've been playing TT for more than a year with shakehand. The equipment I use is: Blade: Timo Boll ALC. FH: Tenergy 05 BH: Tenergy 80 Now, I'm planning to move to Chinese Penhold. The rubbers I was planning to use are the same: FH: Tenergy 05 BH: Tenergy 80 but I'm not sure about...