plastic

1. Plastic balls explained

hi ttd can someone explain to me how plastic balls work. There seems to be so much variation between brand to brand. Is there only a few factories making all these balls?
  2. I Can't Deal With ABS Ball

;););););)
  3. A 38mm PLASTIC ball?

Matt Hetherington made a post on FB about the modern trend towards the conformity of styles in table tennis and Richard McAfee chimed in with some interesting thoughts on the matter: "Now that we have better television cameras and balls made of plastic, it would be interesting to experiment...
  4. Do the new plastic balls work with Newgy 2050 robot

I have a Newgy 2050 robot and would like to know if the new plastic 40+ balls are fully compatible or am I looking at having to upgrade to the 2055 model. Thank you.
  5. Impact of the plastic ball on the game

6. New Service tactics with the plastic balls

Hey Folks, I recently played in a tournament with plastic balls. It required some technical adjustments but I think I am getting used to them. But my Service kept either being too high or having basically no spin. I lost many points because of that and it kept frustrating me. And it wasnt just...
  7. Mattenet and the plastic ball

Hi all, Adrien Mattenet couldn't adapt well to the plastic ball? It's that since the change of the ball he doesn't make part of the French team. I know that he played too far from the table, even if his game was good close to the table, but could had his playstyle impact to the coach don't call...
  8. Adapting To New Ball

Hey guys, I'd very much appreciate tips to adapt to the plastic ball. It's our first season (kind of) playing with that ball ("kind of" because clubs can still choose the type of ball in our region - so sometimes I'd play matches with plastic and sometimes with celluloid.). And honestly, it's...
  9. Orange plastic balls?

Do they exist, or are they like unicorns? I have read about those becoming available after the plastic ball is more widely manufactured, but as of yet, I have never seen one (except those 44+ balls)
  10. Cheap plastic balls for multi ball training

Hi, I am looking for some cheap balls for a multiball training (~ 200 balls I would say). I used to buy 3 star DHS celluloid balls from Aliexpress. They seemed qenuine, the quality was good and the price was very good. Can't find the same seller now and I think its time to switch to poly. Also...
  11. Plastic ABS Ball Review - STIGA Perform

Alryt guys, in our latest review we test the new ABS ball from STIGA and compare it to other popular balls in the market including the current DHS ABS ball used in the World Tours. We found some great results with the new ABS ball, watch the review in the video below for more: Have you...
  12. Plastic ball vs Celluloid ball rubber wear..

Plastic ball vs Celluloid ball rubber wear. Why does the Celluloid ball have greater friction then the plastic ball, yet the plastic ball still wears down rubbers faster? Bearing in mind both balls also weigh the same and are near enough identical in surface area.
  13. How Plastic Table Tennis Balls are Made 2017!

A new, insightful video has surfaced on the ITTF youtube channel on the production of plastic balls! Pingsider visit Double Happiness (DHS), a Ball Production Company, to learn how a plastic table tennis ball is made.
  14. two versions of the plastic balls Double Happiness 40+ ( photo Ding Ning)

Two weeks later, I get a new plastic balls Double Happiness from their supplier. If someone was playing a new ball, give their opinions DHS claim this is probably the worlds roundest ball. It is made from a different process and the material is bouncer. They will release a 1* ball to the...
  15. Biggest Downfall of the Plastic Ball

Hi guys. As you all know the plastic ball has been around for just over 2 years now (officially) and most of us are starting to get used to it, but there are still some attributes about the ball which we all find frustrating. What is the one thing about the ball that you think is the worst...
  16. Is Xiom Vega series suitable for plastic balls?

Since there are heaps of xiom rubbers that I don't know what the difference between them, I was wondering if the older rubbers were any good with plastic balls. In the website for Xiom they claimed that some rubbers were 'plastic ready' while others are not, did this make the old rubbers...
  17. DISCUSSION: Will ITTF switch back to celluloid balls if plastic balls failed?

This topic is just for discussion only. We know that the switch from celluloid to plastic was to slow down the game, reduce spin(allegedly to handicap China players) and make it more viewer friendly. HOWEVER..... Sure the game has slowed but I personally find the matches to be quicker as the...
  18. German Team Doctor: Plastic ball may be reason for injuries

TischTennis.de interviewed the German National Team Doctor, Dr.Toni Kass Translation of interview in English below: 02/28/2016 - The news of Dimitrij Ovtcharov withdrawal because of Injury caught many fans by surprise. What exactly is wrong with Dima and why does it feel like that there is...
  19. Question about the PLASTIC Balls

hello guys. I wanted to ask: my club uses a lot of different types of training plastic balls every now and then. sometimes they tend to bring seam plastic training balls, some times seamless, some times the different brands causing the balls look and feel really different, for example- dhs 1...
  20. One Standard For Plastic Balls

Table tennis has entered its new phase, the plastic ball. The question is...Is it time to create a standard and if so, what would be the standard for these plastic balls? I have played with various brands, some are softer while others are harder. Some are seamless and some are not. Some use this...