years

1. 10 Years of TTDaily

Scrolled down to see that its the 10th anniversary of this forum, if its correct. Maybe I'm not qualified to say this first but thank you for all the info and effort and all the new friendships and EJs ;).
  2. Equipment setup and playstyle for a young chilld - 11 years old

Hello everyone My younger brother has been playing for about 1 year now, religiously. He's seriously young and lacks some basic fundamentals in some aspects. He has received no formal coaching that kids his age usually get when they are serious about the sport. Current FH:cheap hard and tacky...
  3. Training 10 years old son at home

Coaching my 10 years old son at home Hello, I'm currently making good use of my garden table tennis, UK weather being merciful is allowing me to take a break from work-from-home and play TT with my 10 years old son almost every day. I was actually thinking of getting myself a robot.. but then I...
  4. I am 15 years old, what is the chance of becoming a professional?

I'm feeling very late compared to Tomokazu Harimoto, who is already 16 years old and is at the top of the world ranking, I started practicing tt for now and I dream of becoming a professional, is it still possible? I'm very unmotivated. I'm feeling very late compared to tomokazu harimoto, who...
  5. Coaching tips for very young players 5-7 years

Following on from mlax's post ( rubber & blades for 5 year olds) I'd like to ask for any tips/drills for coaching this 5-7 age group. I want to do more fun exercises with my son and his friend (age 6) but they have very short attention spans and as soon as we move on to something new/move away...
  6. 57 years old He Zhi Wen beating WR63!!!

just incredible beeing so flexible at this age.
  7. Amazing 13 Years Old Kid

Amazing 13 Years Old Kid :eek::eek::eek:
  8. Ito Mima at 5 years old

This popped up in my YouTube feed. Ito at a Japanese variety show when she was 5. Interesting to see her character remained intact. 1:49, Ito going "your serve". Starts crying at 3:35.
  9. What Equipment Now, return to Table Tennis after 25 years break!

Hi, I am new to the forum, and also returning to tablet tennis, and I am wondering what equipment should I get? I used to play as a teenager in the early 90s - and was using a Stiga Metal Wood and Srivers on both sides for a number of years, until I switch to Salvid and Sardius. My Metal Wood...
  10. 50 vs 4.5 Years

https://youtu.be/TYLAGt1FaUA Respect to 50 Years of Table Tennis Career of Chinese Gentleman!
  11. Top 10 male players over the years

Hey guys! I don't know if you've already watched this video, but I wanted to share it with you! This channel named "Random Stats" posted this video of the top 10 male players over the years (from 2001 to 2019), which I thought was really cool! Timo was there since the beginning (of the video)...
  12. TT after 30 years! Need advice for DEF/ALL Bat

Hello to all, Nice to see such a forum for table tennis, happy to be here. I need your advice about a bat I would like to build for DEF & ALL play. I has playing TT in a team in Greece for 4 years, when I was 12-16 years old but I had to stop it, and now, ~30 years after, I started it again as...
  13. I reached USATT rating 2000 in under 2 years

Link to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p54npDhdlc0&feature=youtu.be Recently I reached USATT rating 2000 :D and it was within 2 years of my first table tennis lesson. My passion for this sport is overwhelming and I have already made memories that will last a lifetime. I would love if...
  14. Timo Boll de movie (Young Timo through the years, starting at age 4)

An oldie, but never saw this one before.
  15. 10 Year Old Playing for 2 years now + Video's

10 Year Old Playing for 18 Months now + Video's Hello TTD, I have been coaching a young lad who began his table tennis journey at a local primary school after his head teacher got him "Hooked" into the game. His proud father has recoded a series of clips and has made 2 videos of his journey...
  16. Harimoto Tomokazu rises to World Rank #10 at 14 years old!!!

The ITTF has not corrected the age to 14 yet WT Results 2018 - World Tour, German Open, Bremen (GER) - Seniors - Rnd of 32 2018 - World Tour, Qatar Open, Doha (QAT) - Seniors - QF 2017 - World Tour Grand Finals, Astana (KAZ) - Seniors - QF 2017 - World Tour, Swedish Open, Stockholm (SWE) -...
  17. Ma Long interview about his first 11 years in Anshan

In October Issue of The New York Times Travel Magazine, Ma Long shared the memory of his early years in his hometown Anshan. Anshan is in Liaoning Province, in Northeast China. It is renowned as China's capital of iron and steel. Besides Ma Long, Li Xiaoxia, Guo Yue, Zhang Chao, Chang Chenchen...
  18. Ma Long records first loss in 5 years!

Ma Long records his first loss in 5 years to a non Chinese player! Today at the Asian Championships Ma Long faced Jeong Sangeun in round 3 of the singles event. Watch the match unfold below: The world number 1 can be beat!
  19. Where will Tomokazu Harimoto be in 5 years from now?

The question on my mind now is, where will Harimoto be in 5 years time? He is only 13 years old at the moment and reaching the finals of strong World Tours which is crazy! Can he become world number 1? The Japanese all start out very strong, look at Koki Niwa and Kenta Matsudaira, both really...
  20. Training match of current World Champion in Doubles (in Senior Class over 75 years)

hey @all! :) I was long time not active here, but i think this video could be interesting for some of you. It is a video summary of my training matches against Siegfried "Egon" Lemke last week. He is a 77 year old TT-player with many many many successes in his TT-lifetime. He is the current...