defender

1. Am I mad? Thinking of changing style to modern defender

I imagine the answer is probably yes and its the wrong idea, but.. I have been toying with the idea of changing style to a modern defender. What do you think are the skillsets or key strengths that fit that style? To see if they align. Ive always played with two reverse rubbers in an...
  2. Gewo Nexxus EL pro50 | the best choice a defender

3. When you meet a defender

https://youtu.be/gHIun92bySI How to compete with a Defender in Table Tennis? There are 3 kinds of tips from me.
  4. Trainig plan for defender

Training plan for defender Hey guys Does somebody knows where to find some training plans for defender?
  5. Need help for classic defender setup

Hello there!!! I've been playing as a chopper for a while now and im enjoying it very much. One thing im becoming aware is that i tend much more to try a FH Chop than a counterattack/lob/fish, and for me it is really satisfying. With my current setup, Vioncello +G-1 Max + Curl P1 1.7mm i can...
  6. the thickness of defender's long pip

does anybody know what long pip and the thickness Filus Gionis Ma te Wei xing Use??? Only thing I know is that Joo uses 1.8mm(MAX) thick Curl P1r thanks in advance
  7. The technique of chopping.

Hello, im new in this site.Currently, I play as modern defender and sometimes I struggle with my chops. I spin and block on the forehand side and I chop on the backhand. Can you give me some tips regarding the technique of chopping in general? Thanks in advance.
  8. Trying to find an inverted rubber for a modern defender? What should I go for?

I've been playing with a cream transcend 2.0 on both sides and an ALL blade. I want to try and get a rubber to 1.8 roughly but not sure what you guys would recommend? I really enjoy watching videos of attackers vs modern defense and how they chop the ball from far away or quickly switch to...
  9. Rubber for defender?

Hi, my friend is a defender and wants to be able to topspin on the forehand and backhand to. For example he defends a lot but at the beginning of the rally he tries to open with an attack. What are professional defenders using? Are they using Tenergy? perhaps with a thin sponge like 1.7? Any...
  10. Term for modern defender stroke?

Almost every modern defender has a stroke they use on their forehand side where they use a very short stroke and seem to basically block or scoop a heavy topspin shot when they are back from the table. Not a full swing loop, and it seems they are just making a safe shot back on the table. Anyone...
  11. Forehand rubber for defender

Hallo all, I'm searching for a suitable rubber on my forehand. I'm really not sure what to choose. So far I've decided for Joo Se Hyuk blade and TSP P1R 1 mm on backhand. The reason why I'm choosing new equipment is that my old bat was broken. I used to play with Stiga defensive wood NCT, TSP...
  12. Joo se Hyuk The Legendary Defender

new video :) Check out my channel if you want to :) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR05e2HUBa9p5_iskjpMkXQ/videos
  13. Cheap Bat for Defender. Help me :)

Blade: LKT Toxic 3 FH: 729 el supersoft 1.5 BH: Milkyway Neptune 0.7 This should be my first defensive paddle, for chopping and eventually looping with fh. What are your opinions? :)
  14. Pimple/defender setup

Hi.. I often lose to long/short pimple players. So I have decided to get a pimpled setup to practice with my coach and friends. Any recommendations for a decent pimpled rubber (budget 25 USD)? I have a Stiga Offensive classic lying around. I could use that blade or I am even open to getting a...
  15. Joo Se Hyuk - Player Profile

Name: Joo Se Hyuk Nationality: Korea Date Of Birth: January 20, 1980 Height 1.80 m (5 ft 11) Weight 68 kg (150 lb, 10.7 st) Photo by: koreatimes.co.kr Current World Ranking: 15 (Since July 2012) July 2012 World Rankings found here. Career Update: Joo Se Hyuk beat Zhang Jike 4-0 in the...
  16. A New defender rising up !!

For those who love to watch chops by Joo, Koji.., there is a good news!! We got another talented player coming up. He is "Liu Yi". Check the video below. I see his game quite good for a newcomer . -Sunil :)
  17. What Equipment should a defender use?

I've been chatting with my coach and we have different points of view. He thinks a defender shoal play with normal rubber both sides, whereas I play with long pimples and I thinknit is better. What do all of you guys think? I think long pips or short pips are better at top level and that's why...