hardness

1. Nittaku Hurricane 3 Neo?

Has anyone tried the Nittaku Hurricane 3 neo? I'm trying to find an alternative to 37 degree h3 provincial for backhand and came across the Nittaku Hurricane 3 neo rubber. I've heard it's similar to provincial H3 neo but can someone compare the two? Also, what is the hardness of this rubber and...
  2. Short pimples sponge hardness

So I have a fairly good understanding of sponge hardness in regards to inverted rubber, but not for short pimples. I've seen things saying hard is slow and soft is faster, but in what circumstances? (Block, touch, counter drive, smash, topspin etc). In short, when does a softer sponge perform...
  3. Rubber hardness

When looking for rubbers online each website usually has their own hardness scale from 1-10. Although Im specifically looking for the hardness in degrees. Is there anywhere to check this for all rubbers as even on the rubbers official page they do not have these measurements. bonus Q Also...
  4. Recommendation for 50 degrees hardness Rubber

Hi Everyone, Can guys help me in my frustrations :D. I'm planning to buy a new set of blade and rubber. Below are the blade I set my eyes now. As I'm currently looking for a 7 ply allwood blade. Stiga Clipper Classic Xiom Extreme S For some history of my setup, if this might help. My first...
  5. Rubber with a sponge hardness that can fluctuate

Hello everyone I Was thinking about a rubber with a sponge hardness that can increase gradually according to the hitting force. Suppose that I have a rubber with a starting hardness of 45° (ESN Scale) so I could benefit a relatively soft sponge when I hit the ball gently like on serve or short...
  6. What hardness is Skyline 3-60 Hard?

I have been given a sheet of Skyline 3-60 mid-hard, I quite like it and it says 37 degrees, it is very spinny but I think it might be a bit soft. Does anyone know what hardness the Skyline 3-60 Hard is? I assume it is 39 degrees? Anyone tried the different Skyline 3-60's?
  7. Hardness Race is On! | Rasanter R53 Review

Hey guys, and we're back with another review! Here's our latest rubber review of the new Rasanter R53 rubber by andro! The hardness race is on as manufacturers begin to release harder rubbers! This one comes in at 53 degrees! The R53 comes in at 53 degrees! What hardness do you prefer?
  8. What is the significance of ±3° in ENS rubber hardness

I have been window-EJing (the window shopping of EJing?) for a while now. I noticed that rubbers from TSP and Victas, for example Regalis, Super Ventus, V>15, VJC>07 are stated to have x±3° OF hardness (whatever X is). How much does the difference in hardness affect it's playing...
  9. Where can ı learn a rubber hardness?

Hello. I want to learn the rubbers hardness, like tenergy 05 38 degree... I dont want "medium hard, hard and ext" ı want it complately degrees... I could not find any web site or could not see rubber s original web site.... I am looking for specially Stiga mantra m Tinhar mx p Nittaku fasr...
  10. question about hardness, stiffness, control, ...

can you explain about: stiffness and hardness, vibration and reaction, control? I think: hardness depend on the top-ply, the subsidence when the ball touch the blade. stiffness depend on the core, affect to the dwell time. vibration is the felling? and reation is speed...
  11. Friendship RITC 729 Focus 1 Inverted Table Tennis Rubber hardness

Is the Friendship RITC - 729 - Focus 1 - Inverted Table Tennis Rubber a medium hard rubber or a soft rubber? Does anyone know that hardness rating for this? Thanks, Aaron
  12. Choose the right 729/Friendship scale coming from DHS rubbers

Hello guys, I've been playing with a H3 NEO BS 40º degree hardness and I've bought 2 sheets of 729-08 Pro 47º degrees. I would like to change to the same sponge hardness that my H3. Don't want harder, because I tried a 41 Degree H3 NEO BS, and iit felt to hard to me, though it was less tacky...
  13. Manufacturer's myths. Paddle Palace's article on sponge hardness.

In the Paddle Palace catalog #307, on page 66, there is an article that was cobbled together with input from so called Andro and Tibhar experts. These "experts" are clearly just marketing people, not experts. The article is about choosing the correct sponge hardness. There are 5 questions. 1...
  14. Theory on hardness of outer ply impacting sponge penetration

Hey guys, so I have been thinking about my equipment... In general I like it, most things are good, some things could be better. I really like my H3 for looping against blocks and so on, it works really well. Opening up works too but something I think the sponge does not really help me although...
  15. STIGA/XIOM Rubber Hardness

Hello, Can someone please advise me on the rubber/Sponge hardness (Degrees) for the following Rubbers? STIGA Calibra LT - 2.00mm / MAX STIGA Calibra LT Spin - 2.00 / MAX XIOM OMEGA PRO - 2.00mm / MAX XIOM OMEGA ASIA - 2.00mm / MAX XIOM OMEGA EUROPE - 2.00mm / MAX XIOM OMEGA ELITE - 2.00MM /...
  16. Rakza & Acuda

Hello, could someone please tell, which Rakza (7, 7S, 9, X, XS) is the closest in terms of hardness to Acuda S2 or Acuda S1? Thanks a lot
  17. New generation Poly ball enhanced rubber with similar sponge hardness to tenergy?

Hi guys, I've been using MX-S, a poly ball enhanced rubber on my FH. It has that really grippy top sheet and I'm finding my loops are loaded with spin. However I used to use Tenergy 05 and 80. I want to find a rubber that combines the grippy topsheet like MX-S on a similar sponge hardness to...
  18. Donic Coppa JO Gold sponge hardness

Trying to replace a rubber, it's really old and I just boosted it and glued it on mine for some testing. It actually plays nice I was just curious what hardness it might be 45? 47? doubt its 50 deg. Will probably end up looking for modern alternative that is in production unlike this. Would be...
  19. Is the term 'hardness' comparable between brands?

I'm considering testing something slightly softer (and lighter!) than my Bluefire M2. Looking at the marketed hardness from different brands I start to wonder if this is an exact thing or something more like speed and spin, that you really can't compare using marketing figures (eg. Donic might...
  20. Where can I get Big Dipper 40deg hardness from?

Where can I get Yinhe Big Dipper 40deg hardness from?