popularity

1. Popularity of Table Tennis vs Badminton?

So i'm a TT player and one of my mates is a badminton player. We were having a debate on which one is more popular and I was really unsure. Does anyone know how these two sports compare In terms of number of spectators, or number of people that play the sports, based on country, or on a global...
  2. Table Tennis Popularity Trends in your country?

A common sentiment expressed in table tennis forums is that Table Tennis is dying. Personally i do not think that TT, or any sport which has achieved the popularity that TT has can die, however i do agree with the general consensus that table tennis is declining, at least in the competitive...
  3. Table tennis popularity

Why is table tennis not as popular as tennis, basketball, football and many other sports? I can not understand why, for me Table tennis is the most complete sport requires a lot of skill, there is no risk of death or serious injury and everyone can play, so what is lacking in Table Tennis for...
  4. In which countries is table tennis booming in popularity?

In the recent WTTC it is great to see Germany, Japan and Korea have produced a few significant challenges to the Chinese domination. These countries are traditionally strong in table tennis. I wonder is there other countries where table tennis is actually becoming more popular? I know Brazil...
  5. Table tennis popularity decreasing over years..

I found this post from fz29888 in one topic and I decided to give it space in its own topic, because I believe its an interresting one.. I think this deserves a topic for its own .. Cheering for football is the greatest nightmare I can imagine. Thats a sport for stupid people.. In table tennis...