finger

1. What happens if the ball hits your finger and the ball makes it to the other side?

I don't know if this has already been answered, but what happens if the ball hits your finger and the ball makes it to the other side? Does the other person get the point/redo? Or does the finger ball count?
  2. Finger pressure

I am working on improving my grip by using a more standard and "proper" Chinese grip that Ma Long uses. Anyways, I'm having trouble with BH topspins because I'm not too sure what fingers should be trying to BRUSH/SPIN and feel the ball. Is the thumb supposed to be doing the majority of the...
  3. Penhold index finger placement

So I'm fairly new to table tennis; I've only been playing for a couple months now, playing Chinese penhold. I've gotten used to using the traditional penhold backhand, and I'm learning to use the reverse penhold backhand. My grip is fairly similar to Ma Lin's, but with the thumb a bit higher to...
  4. Can you rotate the racket on a finger? :)

Warning: the dude said that he broke a few rackets before mastering it. So don't practice it with your Butterfly Super-Puper-Uber-Mega Ma Long Jhang Zike ZLC!
  5. Usage of Finger by a memebr on MyTT Forum

There is a poster who make an attempt to discuss how the fingers are used to stabilize and provide force. http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=79865&PN=1#990620 I think he brought up some good items worth investigating. Another aspect to discuss would be how they are used in...