serves

1. Truls Moregard's Serve

Is anyone using Moregard's services? They look so much simpler than most of the rest players. To me it looks like he is doing hook/shovel serves or am i mistaken? His grip is sometimes normal and sometimes the forefinger goes to the middle of the racquet. What kind of deception is he using...
  2. 2 Korean Natl Div 1 Level Players BH Blast Battle - ZERO Short Serves

HI TTD, Here is a vid form a National Level TT Tourney way down in GooMi Korea... Macho Man Korean Dude (Big power is not enough power) vs the typical Korean top level female play style (Punch everything and damn the spin) Neither of these players are even remotely interested in serving...
  3. Top 5 Tips To Return Impossible Table Tennis Serves

Hey guys!! Ever played an opponent in table tennis and not be able to return their tricky spiny serves? We've all been there....In this tutorial we go into detail on 5 tips to help you return impossible table tennis serves and stop losing those frustrating points! Enjoy! What tips do you have...
  4. Taking On The World's Best Table Tennis Serves!

Hey guys, so when filming the Par Gerell Masterclass, myself and Tom took on the World’s best server Par Gerell to see how many serves we could receive…. out of 10! Now I took on Par 4 years ago and only managed to receive 2 out of 10… so I hope after 4 years I’ve made some improvement… Here’s...
  5. Are most of these serves illegal?

The other day YouTube recommended this to me. I can't see the point of impact on any of the serves. In this tournament, was there an unwritten rule that the veterans were allowed to serve behind their backs, as long as their opponents weren't objecting?
  6. Missing timing on serves (help!)

Hey everyone! There's something that has been annoying me a lot for some time. As you've seen on the title, it is about missing timing on serves. The serve I use the most (and the one I've been using for longest) is the pendulum serve, but it is also the one I'm having more problems with. I...
  7. Critique my technique, footwork, serves etc.

I am still a developing player and I would very much appreciate some more experienced players to help me with my technique. I belive my backhand is not very good, it is not consitant and it is worse than my forehand. You will see a lot of bad backhand shots in the first video. Keep in mind I am...
  8. What is the best way to learn serves for kids?

My son just recently started playing TT. He is developing fairly quickly, and now he wants to start playing games. However, he can't serve at all yet unless he just flat hits it. Since I am not a TT coach, what would like to know what is the best/correct/easiest way to learn some basic useful...
  9. Dimitrij Ovtcharov's Serves vs TableTennisDaily's Dan!

Hey what's up guys! In the recent No.1 Senso blade review with Dimitrij Ovtcharov, I took on Dimitrij's serves, first to 10 points to see how good they really are! All I had to do was return the serve on the table to win the point! Be sure to watch the full video with Dimitrij Ovtcharov here.
  10. Yoo Nam Gyu teaches Reverse serve and Shovel serves

Enjoy.
  11. How to have more spin in your serves.

Hello, everyone. this is my first post. I having a bit of problem with my pendulum serve. can you please tell me how to have more sidespin in my serve. can you also tell me how to have more backspin with sidespin and more topspin with sidespin.
  12. Does the point count if somebody serves out of turn?

I was watching the following earlier today and declined to arbitrate because I wasn't sure how to rule. I was a spectator - It was a casual game with no umpires: After a 7-6 score, the server won a point, making the score 8-6. The players forgot to switch serves and the server won another...
  13. Top players’ serves

So Kanak’s serve does seem to be on the borderline. But he’s not alone. Uncle Vladi has the cleanest serve of all.
  14. Best way to return long serves on the backhand middle and wide fourhand?

People nowadays in my country tend to serve long and fast on the wide backhand forehand and the middle of the table. weak returns induce fast counters making you vulnerable in the rally. moreover , flicking the ball makes it go long as they have less spin. Anyone?
  15. Return long pure side spin serves

Hello, I am having a hard time to return long pure side spin serves. I watched many video tutorials where the people say that I should use a top spin which will overwrite the side spin effect but this approach did not work for me because the ball either goes into the net if I close the angle of...
  16. I can't control my serves' spin type

Hi guys, I try to give topspin but sometimes it goes with backspin. And I try to give backspin. It goes with topspin. How can I control them? How can I serve with underspin or topspin. What are the differences?
  17. The types of spin the pros put on serves?

When i watch those top level pros play their serves are all very high quality and deceptive. I personally can't read them every time. So I was wondering in match play, what spins they put on the ball? I know that Backspin-sidespin and Topspin-sidespin and no spin is all widely used in their...
  18. What To Do If Your Opponent Serves Illegally

Sometimes you face an opponent that has an illegal serves. What do you do about it? In my case I tend to say nothing at first, but if he does it again and again I do tell him. Now you know how that is in clubs without a referee.... Some just don't give a **** . What do you do in those cases...
  19. Need help on reading these serves by Ma Long & Timo

I am trying to improve my reading spin on serves. Was watching this Ma long vs Timo boll match and trying to analyse what spins on their serves. Some are easier to understand but some serves to me it seems like backspin serve but the return suggests serve was topspin. Or other way around. If...
  20. SP Forehand: How can i receive short balls and Float ball serves?

Good day everyone, i just changed from Inverted to SP 2 weeks ago. I became more active. i am currently having problems in receiving short heavy underspin serves and Long float balls. For heavy underspin: its hard for me to push since it pops up most of the time What i did was twiddle to my...