pros

1. Pros racket and blade weight

So I'm just interested in if someone knows what weight some specific pros have on their rackets and blades. I know pros prefer heavier blades, but for someone like Koki Niwa. He plays quick close to the table. What blade and racket weight does he have?
  2. Pros handle type

Hello there. I think it's interesting to know what handles different pros have, but it's pretty difficult to find. So I'm just wondering if you know what several pros are using. Some specifik ones would be Liam Pitchford, Lin Yun-Ju, Koki Niwa Hugo Calderano and Simon Gauzy.
  3. TABLE TENNIS PROS vs PUBLIC!! WIN GET £1000!!!

We are in London and the rules are pretty simple. You beat us in 1st to 5 points then you get £1000 CASH! Featuring 2016 Paralympic Gold Medalist Will Bayley! Let’s see what the London public is made of!!!
  4. Advise needed from pros: new setup

​​I'm amateur, played in the "basement" with friends as a teenager and came back to it 30 years later and enjoying it very much. In last several month I took number of group classes with Chinese coach and I'm improving ( trying to get rid of bad habits too), started to go to the club to teach my...
  5. Question about balls we get and pros get?

i saw along time ago in the australian open the d40 balls with the print the red paddle on it and the normal one without it after feeling them they seem to be different and the white is also different. Do pros have different balls to us like rubbers? or am i just looking into it too much? im...
  6. Chubby pros

One thing I've never been able to understand is this: how do some top professional players stay chubby with the supposed 6-8 hours training they go through every day? Table tennis is quite aerobically demanding, TT training even more so, yet a lot of players as high as top10 (or top1 even, we're...
  7. What short pimple rubbers are the pros using?

Hi everyone here on ttd, I currently defend (chop) on my backhand and attack with my forehand. I use Tenergy 05 FX on my forehand which I like. For my backhand I want to be able to attack with it close to the table to. What pro players have this style? Which pimple rubbers allow you to defend...
  8. The types of spin the pros put on serves?

When i watch those top level pros play their serves are all very high quality and deceptive. I personally can't read them every time. So I was wondering in match play, what spins they put on the ball? I know that Backspin-sidespin and Topspin-sidespin and no spin is all widely used in their...
  9. Pros and cons of larger blade head size?

I've been playing with the Butterfly Korbel JP for a couple of weeks now and really like it. Its head size is 158 x 152 mm which is slightly larger than the most common 157 x 150 mm all brands produce these days. I know defensive blades tend to have even larger head sizes. I've got a second...
  10. Looking for pros to test/critique table tennis simulator

Hello, A club player near me suggested I post to this forum for what i'm looking for, so here I am. If I should be posting elsewhere, please let me know, and I'll promptly move it. I am one of the devs of a table tennis simulator for VR headsets. We want the game to be as realistic as...
  11. Watching pros makes you better, and we should watch women players

This thread is my homage to Zhang Yining, one of my favorite players of all time (and I was reminded of it by a thread at MyTT where people are discussing who they thing the GOAT is among women players). In a discussion like that it is hard to argue against Deng Yaping but my favorite is Zhang...
  12. Why pros blow their thumbs

I see this all the time where players blow their thumbs in between rallies. Apparently it calms the nerves. Calm your nerves There is a simple hack on how to tone down those jumpy nerves and anxieties in your gut. Just blow on your thumb! As weird as it may sound, this method actually eases...
  13. Collection of Pros serving no spin that look like underspin

Can we make a collection of these? Specifically, pro players where we can actually see how they are serving clearly. I've look at a few older threads about serves, but the videos no longer exist for some reason. I'll start off with two. Guang Qing Feng vs Zhang Kai Pretty much everywhere in...
  14. Zylon Carbon usage among pros

Hello :) Who are the pros using ZLC blades? Aside from Jun Mizutani, Apolonia, and Mattenet
  15. Pros using Stiga blade picture compilation :)

Hello guys if you know a pro using a Stiga blade post it here. I get tired of seeing pros using Butterfly lol
  16. Awkward how Pros use others Pros blades

I don't know man, but I feel it is very awkward for one pro to use other pro's blade name on it. For example: Kenta Matsuidaira use Butterfly Timo Boll ALC Fang Bo use DHS Long Koki Niwa use Butterfly Liu Shiwen Imagine you are playing competitively among your friends and opponents regularly...
  17. Rakza 7 vs Calibra Lt pros cons which one is the one?

Rakza 7 vs Calibra Lt pros cons which one is the one? Which would you choose and why, Im thinking of buying one of these. Comments? =)
  18. Poly Ball - Pros and Cons

It's nearly that time when the poly ball will be in our sport. What do you think will be the pros and cons of the new poly ball in table tennis? This can relate to playing characteristics, impacts on manufacturers (shipping, costs, etc).
  19. German Pros equipment

http://www.mytischtennis.de/public/fotos/287/dm-2014---die-schlaeger-der-stars/1 Found this on Reddit, interesting stuff, particularly Shan Xiaona's backhand (page 20) which just looks like red masking tape!
  20. Xiom: Pros or anyone?

Hello, My name is Eric and I'm ranked top ten in Australia for u/15. My world ranking points is ~900. I was looking at Xiom blades and their craftsmanship and noticed that they produce some very high quality blades. This drew me to Xiom rubbers as well. Particularly interested in the Xiom Vega...