gluing

1. Gluing OX rubbers

OX rubbers appear to be notoriously difficult to handle when gluing to a blade as they are very flimsy. Has anyone tried the method of using a glue sheet stuck to the pimpled side to render the rubber more handleable during the gluing process, only to be removed after the blade is glued to the...
  2. Just wondering about using a hairdryer to speed up the process of gluing

I've seen a lot of tutorials on how to glue rubbers and some of the videos i see are those who use a hairdryer to quickly turn the glue to transparent. Should the air from the hairdryer be warm or cold?
  3. When gluing ox rubbers, is it ok to only glue the blade

I’m ordering a sheet of grass d.tecs in ox and im just curious if i need to buy a glue sheet or anything like that or will i just need to glue the blade.
  4. Problem with gluing Rakza 7

Hi all, I like Rakza 7 so much. I have already bought 3 sheets: - 1st sheet: gluing with Free Chack (i did it myself). No peeling off at all after few weeks. Then I removed it as I found it too fast, and then switched back to Mark V. After few months with Mark V, i re-glued Rakza 7. No peeling...
  5. Gluing with glue sheets

Recently, instead of gluing with the "traditional" water glue, I tried using glue sheets (specifically the Tibhar Duo). Glue sheets traditionally are used for gluing ox pimple out rubbers. However I used them for gluing my Xiom Vega pro rubbers. The outcome amazed me: Perfect gluing,so even...
  6. GLUING inverted rubber top sheet back to my sponge. HELP needed!!

Much appreciated for any help or advice.:D I used to play TT a lot a few years ago and I'm picking up again. I need a racket in doing so BUT the top sheets of my old racket seem to have detached from my sponges after about a week of use. I did some research. All in all, I peeled the two...
  7. Questions about gluing rubbers

When glueing a rubber, how much pressure should you apply? Should it be a lot or just enough to get rid of bubbles and to make them stick to the blade? If I press hard, I figured it's pretty inconvenient and annoying to reglue the rubbers because they shrink a lot after I get them off of the...
  8. Gluing with Butterfly Free Chack Pro

Hi, I am interested into how many layers of Free Chack Pro should be put on new rubber without using booster, one or two? When I used booster I puted one before booster layer and one after booster layer dried. Advanced thankfull
  9. Sanding blade surface + general gluing difficulties

Hi all. I've had a Stiga Rosewood blade for about 3 years now and over that time I've learnt how to glue table tennis rubbers properly when changing or regluing rubbers! However a recent issue I've been having is that the rubbers keep having air bubbles underneath and I'm finding it impossible...
  10. Question regarding rules of gluing rubber

How much of the surface of the head of the blade has to be covered by rubber? Can you save some weight by gluing the rubbers like a 1cm above the handle for example?
  11. Problems gluing Tenergy rubbers

Im having trouble gluing tenergy.the rubbers im using are tenergy 80fx and 05fx.im using butterfly free chack 2 and it never seems to perfectly stick.the process i use is one thin layer on the rubber.let that dry then add another medium layer aswell as doing the blade.let it dry.stick it on.cut...
  12. What are the benefits of re-gluing your rubbers?

I know that re-gluing your rubber is good if the rubber is starting to slowly un-stick from the blade, but are there any real benefits? Does it make the rubber feel sort of new when doing it?
  13. Fantastic foam brush for gluing rubber

You can buy these things at Home Depot or on Amazon. They are awesome. They are cheap. About $10 for a case of 48. You don't get glue on your fingers and the handle on the brush gives you a lot of control, more than you ever get with the clips. Also the shape of the sponge gives a really...
  14. Gluing rubbers onto a new blade (tips please)

Hi, I have recently bought a new blade, one that I have had in the past (Joola Eagle Carbon, Rubbers are both Joola Ryhzm -P)) and I have re glued it many times already but im struggling to get it to stick properly. I have had this before with a few blades...it seems to take to the blade OK but...
  15. Difference Between Speed-gluing and Boosting

Hi Ive read in a few threads how to boost/speed-glue etc. Wanted to know-whats the difference between speed-gluing and boosting,its effects on the rubber/sponge,whether its legal and it advantages. any other info will be appreciated. Thanks.
  16. Gluing technique or method?

I own a Timo Boll ALC and has been playing with Tenergy64 on both FH and BH. After the rubbers wear out in a year, I changed the rubber to new sheet of Tenergy64 again. It seems that now the sound of bat is different and there are more vibration. My previous Tenergy64 1. Less vibration 2. It...
  17. Gluing Rubbers?

When you glue your rubbers, do you just glue it once and use it until it is warn out, or do you often re glue your rubber and if you do re glue your rubber, how often do you do it?
  18. Professional Guide to Gluing Table Tennis Rubber (English Narration)

More Professional Table Tennis video: http://www.pp-station.com/
  19. Gluing Rosewood NCT V

Hey guys. I bought a Stiga Rosewood NCT V blade. Recently, I read about issues in gluing a rubber into it. Is it true? People say many different options of a good glue. And a friend of mine told me something about the the Donic sheet. Please, I ask your help...
  20. Gluing Rubbers

I'm getting my new blade and rubbers in 2 days, rubbers including Tenergy 05. I don't want to wreck it while gluing it so can anyone give any tips for gluing rubbers? Maybe even a video (except Dan's, cause I watched that many times.) and, is drying the glue naturally or blow dry better?