setup

1. Assistance/advice with equipment upgrade (1st custom racket)

Hello, everyone! I am glad to join this community. I am a fairly new player from Lithuania and I've have started and made incredible amount of progress in 7 months period. My love for table tennis has also reached new heights. In short and straight to the point - I've been using a pre-made...
  2. Beginner Setup Advice

Hello! I've been playing for about 9 months now and want some feedback on my current setup. When I first made it I didn't know much about rubbers and all that, pretty much just got what was available since I really didn't want to buy a premade racket. My current setup is the Yinhe N10s, AK47...
  3. Advice for equipment upgrade

Hi all - I could use some advice on a new setup. I've been playing for about 2-3 years, but over the past 6 months I finally started taking lessons (though only sporadically--1 a week at best). I'm rated roughly 1400 in the USATT system. I am learning to be a more offensive player, though if...
  4. Looking for a custom setup advice

I am a beginner player playing with a Palio Master 3.0 premade racket. It has an all-wood 5-ply blade with cj8000 rubbers on both sides. I can play counter on forehand and backhand decently well and am learning to topspin on both sides. I am pretty fit and like to move quickly and push myself...
  5. Looking for light bat set up (offensive play)

Hi guys, I am looking for a light set up with evenly distributed weight across the bat. This is very important to me as my current bat is a hinoki blade j tech with andro hexer grip/powergrip rubbers. While it is a great bat its very top heavy and seriously affects how i can flick my wrist. It...
  6. Budget Setup for returning newbie : Sanwei CC or Power G-7 or V14pro

Hi all,I hve been browsing the threads and learnt several insights. Very informative forum.Im starting to get back into the game after 10-15 years (i use to play TT in school team) and im looking for a budget setup that wont break the bankI used to own Stiga Offensive Classic back in the day but...
  7. Hexer grip/powergrip /sfx + new setup

So currently using stiga energy wood wrb, FH H3 provinicial, BH rakza 7 SOFT. Like it but sometimes abit too slow now that im developing in skill. New setup same FH, nittaku acoustic wood, BH one of the hexers Thinking of getting one of those 4 hexer rubbers as my new BH but not sure which one...
  8. Cpen setup for beginner female

I have a question, for a female player who wishes due to upbringing and comfort to use a penhold. The idea for cpen is that only one side of the rubber is used for backhand and forehand, unlike RPB. - is this understanding correct? For a bat, i was thinking a 5 ply all wood blade like YSE or...
  9. Equipment setup and playstyle for a young chilld - 11 years old

Hello everyone My younger brother has been playing for about 1 year now, religiously. He's seriously young and lacks some basic fundamentals in some aspects. He has received no formal coaching that kids his age usually get when they are serious about the sport. Current FH:cheap hard and tacky...
  10. Spinniest Setup

Hey y’all I was wondering what you guys think would be the best setup for the maximum amount of spin. If you could include why too that’d be great!
  11. Can anyone please review my setup?

Hi all, My current setup is: Blade: Xiom Ignito FH: Tibhar Genius (max) BH: Tibhar Evolution MX-S (max) I recently came to know that it's not recommended to use hard rubbers on a stiff blade. This setup works decently while playing far from the table but I have trouble receiving serves and...
  12. Practice Setup ?

Hi all, Do you guys use a practice racket and a match racket ? I use the same equipment for practice and matches. I was thinking to have a separate practice racket to increase the durability of main racket. I thought about some rackets cheaper practice equipment from aliexpress as I can replace...
  13. New racket setup advice

So, basically i'm playing tt for like 4-5 years now and i'm a decent player. I want to get a new racket but i'm not sure if it would be ok for me. I was thinking about getting harimoto alc, rozena 1,9 mm backhand and stiga dna pro h 1,9 mm on my fh. I'm an attacking player fh dominant. Active...
  14. Setup for intermediate player

Is Donic Appelgren Allplay(Normal) with FH Xiom Omega 5 Asia + BH Xiom Vega Europe a good combination for a intermediate offensive player(a.k.a me)?
  15. Need help with a too boucny/high throw setup

I was using acuda S2 on both sides of my korbel before I stopped playing like 2 years ago. I recently wanted to start again and decided to buy some cheap decent rubbers to get me on track. I bought Palio AK47 yellows and put them on both sides but after 3 months of training with them I find them...
  16. Help me choose a good setup

I have now played table tennis actively for almost two years now. And after a good while with the Primorac Off- and Mark V on both sides, i found that i lack in pace of the game. My strongest hand i definitely my forehand. Even with pretty slow equipment i find my loops to be powerful and...
  17. Advise needed from pros: new setup

​​I'm amateur, played in the "basement" with friends as a teenager and came back to it 30 years later and enjoying it very much. In last several month I took number of group classes with Chinese coach and I'm improving ( trying to get rid of bad habits too), started to go to the club to teach my...
  18. High spin rubber setup (2) for brush/loop forehand practice

Looking for a couple of practice setups with specific rubbers to improve my brush/loop forehand. Based on my research here in the rubbers forum, here is what i'm considering. Any feedback greatly appreciated! 1. DHS 301 w/Hurricane 3-50 and a Battle II reg or Provincial (both sides will be FH...
  19. Why pro and amateur have similar setup ?

Hello, I wonder what equipment pro really use, especially as it often seems very similar to what amateurs used. For example we see in Dan reviews that Pitchford plays with viscaria and T05, Drinkhall with a carbon blade with MXP. But these combo are often also found in the hand of amateur...
  20. What to take into account when making a new palette

Hello, I am interested in finding out what someone has to take into account when he wants to make a new palette and how those aspects are matched with a specific equipment. Since there are a lot of rubbers and blades available on the market, we will not talk about a specific brand; instead we...