wood

1. Why is the ITTF trying to remove wood from a blade?

Attention all my fellow small blade smiths / blade makers... it's time to get angry. At its upcoming AGM, the ITTF are going to vote on radically loosening the rules around blades... and I mean radically. Under the new proposed rules, there will be no requirement to use timber in a blade at...
  2. Boll Allround Wood + Sriver combo opinion needed

Hi, I am an intermediate player coming back to the game after 15 years. Butterfly is the only option shipping wise which makes sense right now. Price-range and thinking slightly conservatively I am considering the Boll Allround Wood blade with Sriver 1.9 and 2.1 (BH FH) as a first new blase. My...
  3. All wood balde which one?

Hi to everyone I'm back on the forum for some time of absence. Yesterday I played table tennis after an entire year of inactivity due to covid. It was a simple friendly tournament to get back to playing. Obviously, the result after a year of inactivity was disappointing, many forced errors and...
  4. Just a curiosity in the wood of a blade

Supposing there is a classic 7ply blade limba-ayous-ayous-ayous, why there is 3 layers of ayous when the manufacturer can just put a very thick layer of ayous? Just curious
  5. All wood ALL+, OFF- blades

I want to know which are the best all wood All+ to OFF- blade that you have used, and wich can be used with every type of rubber.I saw a lot of popular blades like the primorac sewden extra stiga clipper, acoustic, violin and others.
  6. Stiga Energy Wood V2

Stiga Energy Wood V2 Weight: 92 grams Thickness: 6.08mm Plies: 5 (limba-ayous) Speed: Off Well this is it, the Energy Wood WRB V2 as finally landed in my hands together with the Banda All Around blade after some time of waiting due to the pandemic. The Energy Blade WRB V2 is...
  7. Looking for offensive all-wood blades

Been using an old used Donic Persson Powerplay senso V1 since like 2 years back and feeling really comfortable with it but since it's old and well-worn im thinking it might not last for that many years. Have also been trying to buy the same blade but it doesn't get the same speed as the older...
  8. 5 ply or 7 ply all-wood?

Hi Guys, last year I picked up tabletennis again after 15 years, I noticed that some things have changed, mainly the ball and tensor rubbers I guess. I'm an average player with a rating around 1300. I like to attack double wing, spinning as well as driving. Pushing and short play are one of...
  9. STIGA Energy Wood V2 ? (vs Nittaku Acoustic wood)

my first bat was technically my premade stiga evolution blade, which took me thru my beginner year in which i played with my dad in our backyard. Then my first bat was FH : 40deg H3, energy wood, BH: Rakza 7 soft which i found worked well ( i guess?) the only thing i would say now after playing...
  10. Types of wood

When looking for blades, many different types of wood are advertised. Im no wood expert so I would like to know the characteristics + effects of each of the major types of wood used in table tennis blades. Are there any types of wood that are outright bad/good?
  11. Clipper Wood (Original) vs CR

Hello guys, I have some questions about Clipper wood. For 3 months, I used a Clipper CR (with Tibhar EL-S both sides) and liked it a lot. It really made me work for my shots, and hence helped me to develop my strokes (especially forehand top spin). The blade was quite badly damaged at the end...
  12. All-wood, ALC, ZLF, or ZLC? Putting Ball Sense to the Test

Yuuji: Ball sense? Let's put that to the test! All-wood, ALC, ZLF and ZLC. Takukichi: No-brainer! Arie: Easy as pie! Takukichi: Will you take part in this experiment? Yuuji: Of course! I'll shuffle them here. I can't tell what is what now. Let's get started! Takukichi: Weighs like...
  13. Old Stiga Hans Alser Offensive Wood with Nr. B40 from 1976

Hi all, an old Stiga Hans Alser Offensive Wood with Nr. B40 from 1976 is for sale. Condition is quite ok according to the age, small damages are on the blade you can see the pictures. Weight is 89 gr. Additional you get an old Nittaku ball I played with! Price is 180Eu+Post. Thanks :)
  14. All-wood and Composite (Carbon Fiber) - Difference?

So I used to play with a Stiga CC7 blade (shakehand), but then switched to a Yasaka penhold blade (Ma Lin Extra Offensive). When I tested both of these rackets, I noticed the difference in feeling and reaction to the ball. Can someone help me out what the difference is in feeling?
  15. LF: 1000 EUR for a clipper wood

Dear Collectors, I am looking for Stiga Alser clipper wood, with serial number. In very good / excellent condition. Buy for cash or trade (old Stiga woods). If you have a boxed, unused Alser clipper wood with serial number, I would pay 1000 EUR for it. If you have one, in near perfect...
  16. Common Blades All-Wood Blades in China

What are the most common All-Wood Blades in China, which the Player could use until the End of his Career? Something like all+ or off-. Price is irrelevant.
  17. God-like" All-Wood blades around the $30-$60 price range POLL

I'm interested in getting a consensus from this community on the "top" or most beloved blade from a range of some of the most recommended blades i've encountered over the years. Featuring blades like Stiga's all round classic, Ma Lin extra offensive, DHS pg7 and the Stiga Clipper etc The poll...
  18. Need Wood Blade Help

Hi guys, I know there's been a lot of discussion on but I can't quite seem to find concrete answers through the existing threads at this time. I'm currently using an Innerforce ALC blade, the one before was a Viscaria. I only consider myself an intermediate player who's mostly treated the sport...
  19. Wood selection for handmade blade

Wood selection for handmade blade, I know a man can make me for not enough money a handmade combi blade, I'm push-blocker LP one side & looper-attack inverted hard the other side. What about the wood & thickness selection: Kiri 3/3.2mm (center) Attack side Spruce 0.8mm Limba 0.6mm Defense...
  20. FS: Stiga blades and Tibhar Stratus Power Wood

FS: Tibhar SPW, Stiga Arctic Wood and Andro Treiber FI I am selling these blades. Will be shipped from Sweden (12 euro normally with tracking and insurance). Payment via PayPal. Stiga Arctic Wood, FL Price: 45€ 84g, 157 x 150 x 6.05mm Excellent condition. Almost new, sparsely used. With...