tacky

1. Enjoying Tensor to Hybrid transition. Should I go full tacky next?

Hello all. An Intermediate here. Have never played Chinese rubbers before, mainly because everyone suggested that I need high technique and full stroke and Chinese DNA. Recently switched my FH from Rasanter R48 to Rakza Z. Enjoying the change. Don't mind applying the little bit extra power...
  2. Short review of Glayzer 09c (don't buy)

Quick review on glayzer 09c to save you time, because it's not worth even talking about it. It has a very small catapult and very little tackiness. Spin is very good and throw angle is higher than hurricane 3, maybe matching tenergy 05. Speed on viscaria is still slow and feeling is like a...
  3. hybrid rubbers for backhand

Hello everyone :) I recently started using ktl pro xt on my backhand because I like the increased dwell time of a soft tacky rubber. Open ups, close to the table loops and third ball attacks are as good as ever but a lot of my passive blocks are now quite vulnerable to counterloops. I know that...
  4. Equipment doubts

I’m Fabio, an Italian TT player and historian. I’ve just published “Racchette spezzate” (Broken rackets”, the story of the greatest TT champions who died before reaching sixty years old. A “Spoon River” of table tennis!! – see attachment I’m at present quite confused about my equipment and...
  5. Hurricane Neo 3 - Fake or Real?

I bought a lot of Hurricane Neo 3 at TableTennis11 and they ALL have the SAME identical gold stickers, with the number 4000937315. (see pictures) Are these authentication stickers? If so, why are the numbers all the same? I noticed that the rubbers are not as tacky/sticky as the ones I used...
  6. Tacky Chinese Rubber on the Backhand?

I've been exclusively using cheap, tacky Chinese rubbers on the forehand because I'm a poor student who doesn't want to blow $50++ on a rubber every 3 months. Today at a practise session I flipped my racket just for fun to play pips on the forehand and inverted on the backhand. Surprisingly I've...
  7. Reviving tacky rubbers ?

Ive been reading up of how to clean tacky rubbers and Ive come across people advising to either put baby oil/breathe/ or dampen the rubber in some way before putting a plastic covering on it for awhile to 'revive' the rubbers tackiness ? Is this true and if so how does this work ? I though the...
  8. Tenergy and cheap chinese non tacky rubber

Hello everyone, i have a question today. Recently i see on marketplace one salesman annoucing a Yinhe Mars V2 with this description: " Tenergy similar". This thing is on my head because recently i used my coach racket, he uses a Tenergy 64. I used the Tenergy on RPB. I was amazed when started...
  9. Do you enjoy playing opponents that use tacky rubbers more than tensors?

To me playing against players that use tensor rubbers has never been that much fun. The ball always springs from the racket and the game is very linear, which translates into being boring. And the ball mostly travels most of the time with the same trajectory and it feels like it's too fast...
  10. new Tacky rubber unboosted

Hello, i want to switch to tacky rubber like H3 neo or battle 2 or so. At the moment i play with Boll ALC, Vega Pro and Omega Europe. I dont want to boost so i guess every h3 is to slow even the neo? So i guess between Friendship Battle 2, Bloom Power or Sanwei Target National is not so much...
  11. REvolution no.3 Cleaner

Anyone who knows theiur stuff have any experience with it? Specifically asking about its effects on tacky and non tacky rubber. (as i play with both). Will I have to get a specific cleaner for the tacky or is this alright ? Some cleaners promise crazy result and actually end up hurting the...
  12. [Help] lost tacky on Hurricane3 when booster

this is the first time i booster rubber i viewed on youtube how to boost rubber i tried to boost rubber hurricane3 orange sponge with HAIFU SEAMOON 2 layes and wait 24 hours for 1 layes rubber is more bouncy and spin BUT less tacky , my ball not stick in rubber as befor i dont know i boosted...
  13. How can a harder rubber be slower than a soft one?

How can a harder rubber be slower than a softer one? I've seen several reports that the harder rubber, the slower and spinnier it is. The question is: how come? Let's compare some Chinese tensor-like rubbers: Palio AK47 Blue vs. Red. The red one is harder and thus definitely faster, obviously...
  14. Friendship Geospin Tacky

15. What's your favorite hybrid (tacky top + tensor sponge) rubber?

I'm currently looking to upgrade my FH rubber (Galaxy Jupiter II) to something faster/bouncier. I naturally thought of all the hybrid rubbers being released this year - Tibhar K1, Stiga Genesis II, and Donic BlueGrip. I'm also open to Chinese tacky rubbers like provincial Battle II and Sanwei...
  16. Tacky, hard, fast

Hey guys, I'm kinda looking for some tacky and hard rubber, but some of them people was saying that is not fast enough and need more phisical effort to make the ball go fast, like DHS H3 NEO and normal one. So what rubber's would you recommend? If you recommend some national/regional, what's the...
  17. Consistently tacky rubber?

Greetings everyone! I'm looking for a rubber that I'd open and know it's extremely tacky and don't hope I was lucky to get a good sample, like in case with 999T or even more popular DHS ones. Yeah, they all popular and relatively cheap (especially the 999T(-1) ones). But we all know the quality...
  18. Story of TT - How the chinese found the tacky hard rubber and what they used before?

Hi all, I would like to know when first tacky hard rubbers appeared, and what the chinese players used before that, did they use non tacky rubbers? Or in that time the chinese were most of them SP hitters? Best Regards, Eduardo
  19. Debunking Myths Surrounding Tacky Chinese Rubber

Premise: Up until today, I had only used European/Japanese style rubbers (i.e., mechanically grippy, some type of springy/"tensioned" sponge, etc). I steered clear of anything considered a classic/typical tacky Chinese rubber (i.e., hard sponge, tacky surface, etc) for over 10 years because...
  20. 729 battle II is red as tacky as black one?

Hi, As in the title. Is the red version as tacky as black? I have heard many times that red tacky rubbers are not as tacky as black ones. Is it true for all brands? Have someone compared battle II red and black sheets? I love the black one. I'm wondering should I just buy red for backhand or...