improving

1. Best way to record your play for analysis?

Do you record your training and/or matches? How much time do you spend after recordings to make your analysis? What are you looking when analysing your play?
  2. Improving shot selection

Sup, I know this is kind of basic, but basics are foundation of every rally. I am experiencing some issues in matchplay where I pick wrong shot for incoming ball. I either loop the ball as if it was underspin ball when the ball is empty etc. Most notably I have issues trying looping high balls...
  3. Looking for Suggestions for Improving Table Tennis Table Top.

Hey guys, so I'm fortunate enough to have a Table Tennis Table at the GYM where I work. Since the COVID OUTBREAK, I've been using it more and more with my co-worker for training and match play during our lunch break. (Great player and friend btw who goes by the name Marco Makkar, he's a Silver...
  4. Advice on equipment for improving

Hello! I am 25 years old, used to get some lessons about strokes technique, got some decent practice vs robots and had access to a coach for couple of lessons. There he explained proper technique in basic strokes and helped me understand how to take a shot. This was over 1.5 years ago. Before...
  5. Improving my reverse pendulum backspin serve.

Hey, guys can anyone give me useful links or advice to improve my reverse pendulum backspin serve. can you also tell how to ad topspin in my serve. Please help me.
  6. My table tennis doesn't seem to be improving.

I need help with my game! I've been having difficulties with my table tennis lately. I feel that part of it might be because of my equipment. I'm using Mantra H on both sides of my FL Acoustic blade. It was a good setup for me in the first few months of training since I've changed from some...
  7. Advice for Improving Serve

So I've taken a few videos of some of my decent serves a day ago, and I've sent them to the Table Tennis Subreddit, along with the Table Tennis Discord Server. Different angle of view at 1:20 Slo-mo at 2:09 Any advice on how I can improve my serve farther is greatly appreciated. So far, I...
  8. improving slowly ,need a structured method in my training

hi guys ,ok here's the deal ,i've been reading pretty much what you guys post concerning technique ,strategy ,footwork ,and the video posted on shadow playing,was really helpful ,anyways as the title says i've seen some good (not great) improvement so i need to come up with some kind of...
  9. Tips for Improving Stroke Quality and Fundamentals

Hey laistrogian, I thought this might be useful and rather than continuing it in the other thread, I thought I would make a new thread to help you and anyone else who wants to improve their basic strokes and fundamentals. What got me thinking about this was the video you posted. I am not going...
  10. Improving your forehand topspin technique (with TTEdge)

I decided to post this because of a recent web board post. This is an illustration of my improvement on what Brett Clarke called "the number one mistake" that amateurs make on the forehand topspin. First video is the old technique - the two last videos are more recent. I have bad knees so I...
  11. an idea for improving services

here is one idea I find out to improve my services by easy grouping them (I like working services) it's a plastic sheet with clothespin and standard table tennis separations, cheap, light and easy to set
  12. Whether to keep developing and improving or a blade change?

I need help regarding getting a new blade, i'm still considering whether i should get a new blade as i feel like i'm not developing properly as a player. I was planning to get the Stiga infinity VPS to replace my timo boll OFF- which has TG3 skyline 2.1mm and striver L 1.5 to be placed on it...
  13. Improving Reaction Time - A guide by Sir wturber of OOAKForum

Let's cut to the chase.. I have a slight problem in being ready to receive shots esp. after I attack. Rummaging my table tennis download folder.. Ooh it's that txt file about reaction time.. OMG GOLD!! Original thread: http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17443 lol I laughed at my post...
  14. Improving the visual presentation of Table Tennis

Just wanted to get everyone's ideas about improving how Table Tennis is presented on TV and media. I liked the ITTF slow-mos now. What happened to the reaction-time meter that I once seen last year? Bring that back!!! I would really like a Spin Cam as well as Speed Cam(similar to how tennis...
  15. Why am I not improving?

Hi guys, here is a question that some of us are quite familiar with. We are all too familiar of hearing players sobbing and complaining that they don't improve. They always complain about the same things, while the real reasons why they are not improving are left unattended. It happened to me...
  16. Serious question - about training and improving ones game

EDITED SECTION: I thought I would add a section here as to why I want to improve. It's born out of a desire to be better, the fact that I 'know' I can be a much much better player than I am at the moment. I have the ability, I have the shots but I'm just not consistent enough and there are...
  17. Improving Service

Hey guys, any tips on making a serve more spinny?