banana

1. Banana flick technique

Hello I am looking for some advice/resources on the chiquita technique and ball timing/contact on different spin serve receives. I had a look at this video. The ball feeder feeds light backspin. The guy doing the flicks makes a point of waiting until the ball is at the top of the bounce or a...
  2. How are Pro Players Able to Cover the Table with their Banana Flick?

From watching world events, it seems like pro players are able to move to the location of their opponent's short serve and prepare their backhand flick before the service actually hits their table. It sometimes appears ridiculous especially when they're able to cover the short forehand side as...
  3. How to perfect your timing on the backhand banana flip receive?

Usually, when i have a sidespin serve sent to me, i will often do a backspin push, or tap the ball over. I know how to do the banana flip as i practiced it before, but i always worry about my timing. My problem is that i will get ready, but a backspin serve might come, so i might be late to...
  4. Question about banana flick return of serve

After watching all the backhand over-the-table banana flick returns at the worlds, it sure looks like they have been further developed. Many returns for outright winners. Not being anywhere near that level or even able to understand what goes on there, it looks like the incoming spin of the...
  5. What is banana flip/flick used in receiving ??

the pro player ussually seems to talk about this banana flick/flip used for recieving high backspin serve... what is this....?? and how it is executed..?? any videos please?????
  6. Banana Flip on heavy backpspin service?

Hi All, Can we return heavy backspin service with Backhand banana flip? I have one opponent who serves heavy backspin service(Power mostly comes from his wrist). I tried doing banana flips but all balls were in the net. :( Any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks, Vishal Oza.
  7. Zhang Ji Ke's technique--banana flick in detail

All documents are from Chinese TT magzine "PingPong world", it detailed introduce Zhang Ji Ke's backhand flick, very good stuff !