technique

1. HELP!

Hi all, I played table tennis on and off in my early teens but never committed to it. I'm 18 and I started playing again early last year and have fallen in love. I currently play with a petr Korbel allwood off; I don't have any particular issues with the blade but as its the first blade I've...
  2. Forehand Loop against UNDERSPIN Technique

Hey all, here's a video about looping underspin. It's only 10 minutes, but I tried to pack as much information as I could in. Please let me know what you think and share the video/subscribe if you like it! https://youtu.be/myijNgE2Pv0
  3. Banana flick technique

Hello I am looking for some advice/resources on the chiquita technique and ball timing/contact on different spin serve receives. I had a look at this video. The ball feeder feeds light backspin. The guy doing the flicks makes a point of waiting until the ball is at the top of the bounce or a...
  4. Technique analysis penhold

Hello guys there is a video of me training forehand/backhand and transition drills on returnboard I am training from one year and I want to know what do I have to improve and your general opinion my strokes and transition few questions to add 1. Do I go forward enough on my forehand stroke 2...
  5. Critique my technique, footwork, serves etc.

I am still a developing player and I would very much appreciate some more experienced players to help me with my technique. I belive my backhand is not very good, it is not consitant and it is worse than my forehand. You will see a lot of bad backhand shots in the first video. Keep in mind I am...
  6. Could my equipment be hampering my consistency?

I have Donic Balsa Carbo Fleece(OFF+) with MX-P on my forehand and Rakza-7 on my backhand. I got the entire set-up second-hand but it was still pretty new. I have been practising with it for almost a year and although it has improved my shots I still am struggling to find good consistency...
  7. Koki Niwa, Ma Long Chop Block technique. Who is Better ?

Hello everybody ! Give your opinion. Koki Niwa, Ma Long Chop Block technique. Who is Better ?
  8. Re: Technique, Meaning of translated japanese terms: "Meat", "Tsutsuki", etc.

Re: Technique, Meaning of translated japanese terms: "Meat", "Tsutsuki", etc. Hey all, as an avid reader of table tennis strategy, techniques, equipment and the like, I find myself lurking in european and asian TT forums from time to time. Copy and pasting into google translate, helps me...
  9. Learning UNBEATABLE Block - Technique, Tactics

Learning UNBEATABLE Block - Technique, Tactics First of all, we apologize to everyone because for the past 2 weeks we haven't been able to produce videos. But now we will be releasing 2 videos per week, thanks all of you for always being with the team during the past time.
  10. problems with technique (or new rubbers??)

I've purchased new rubbers (Fastarc G-1 and C-1) and decided to test them out. They were extremely different from my previous setup, which was with Mantra M, my consistency had gotten a lot worse and I felt like I had to use a lot more power to get my shots right, but I figured it was normal...
  11. Often hitting the upper edge of the racket

I'm having a problem with the consistency of my shots. I very often hit the ball too late or wrongly when playing strokes (often because I'm looking at my opponents position. My questions are: When should my eyes be on the ball and when on the opponent? How can i train my eyes to always look...
  12. Learning technique the right way

Forget about all YouTube tutorials, just go to a good club and do this
  13. GRIP and how it affects technique

Hi people, I never had any coach, like many, what I know is by reading online. So sorry if this questions are silly :D For the last year I practiced a loose and relaxed grip(with the fingers barely adding any pressure at all) approach and found that I am faster and my backhand improved a lot...
  14. Can someone translate this Chinese backhand technique video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4VNQFfoyeY Can someone please translate what he's saying? Especially on the beginning where he explains about 2 different grips, and how to rotate the arm in backhand stroke. Thank you.
  15. Blade for beginner to develop technique

Hi, I started training table tennis for 2 months and now I would like to buy a good equipment that would help me develop my technique I´ve read that Yasaka Sweden Extra is a good All around blade for beginners, but unfortunately it isn´t at the stores where I live. Neither is the Stiga Allaround...
  16. Forehand Drive Technique

Forehand Drive Technique Help? Hi guys, I started to play when I was 13, which I played for fun and got better with my own habits. Now that I am 15 and joined some training sessions recently I found out my habit was really bad for the original technique so I tried to correct myself, and...
  17. Do you need ‘perfect’ technique to be good at table tennis?

Hi all I just posted a new article on my website and I'd like to know what you think. http://www.tabletenniscoach.me.uk/do-you-need-perfect-technique/ The article was inspired by the comments I get on my youtube channel, where my technique sometimes gets completely trashed (it can be a brutal...
  18. Technique for playing with Hurricane 3?

Hi, I have started playing with hurricane 3 BS on FH and wondering how I should play with it, technique. When loop killing a under spin ball, should you hit upwards and only let the ball go into the topsheet and lift the ball so it will go low over the net or try and hit it kind of straight with...
  19. Penhold Long pimple Technique

I've started playing LP as a penhold player and am getting on very well. I serve with a tacky, slightly soft rubber and then twiddle to LP. I also RPB with my inverted rubber to attack. However, I realize the LP game for penhold is quite developed but cannot find any written material due to it...
  20. The technique of chopping.

Hello, im new in this site.Currently, I play as modern defender and sometimes I struggle with my chops. I spin and block on the forehand side and I chop on the backhand. Can you give me some tips regarding the technique of chopping in general? Thanks in advance.