psychology

1. psychological help needed for someone starting with team games.

Hey, i am fairly new to the game as a team. I would say my play overall is pretty good since i started playing when i was like 11, but i stopped playing for 8 years now and got into a club again who put me into a team already. Whenever i play though i can convert nothing from my training. Like...
  2. Great video- Table Tennis Match Psychology with Marles Martins

I have watched lots of videos over the last 6 months but this interesting one has just come to my attention. Marles Martins is a high level coach who gives a long (1 hour 22) talk about how top players use psychology to win games. Particularly he advises on ways to use the breaks between...
  3. The Psychology of an Internet Troll

Research studies show these traits are the most common in internet trolls: 1) The need to be in the spotlight: narcissism: wants to be center of attention, don't care about other people, need other people to look at you. 2) Antisocial; Psychopothy: lack of empathy. 3) Machiavellianism...
  4. Table Length Psychology

Hi everyone. Yesterday I was at a family friends house. They had a table with a retractable net, and the table was smaller than the regulation table. It reminded me of the mini table tournaments Westchester Table Tennis sometimes has. Me and a friend would always hit at the mini table between...
  5. Matchplay psychology: How do you react to a point-losing error?

I was reading an article on performance psychology and I was thinking about how I react to an error I make that costs the point. Ofcourse the reaction depends on the difficulty of shot, match situation, your mood at the time as well as form etc but what is the best way to react to such an error...