england

1. Table Tennis England vs TT365 Thread

Mainly of interest to UK based players. Context: https://tabletennisengland.co.uk/news/archived/table-tennis-england-commits-to-provide-free-websites-for-leagues/ https://www.tabletennis365.com Thought I'd start a thread to hear some thoughts about this. There's a lot of chat on Facebook but...
  2. Videos of Table Tennis England Grand Prix Finals

A friend of mine has recorded a number of Grand Prix finals here in UK and asked to upload to my channel. I though people might be interested what is the level of TT in UK immediatedly below the top internationals like Pitchford and Drinkhall. Hope you like them. Playlist...
  3. England Men disappoint

Just wondered what went wrong with England's Men losing 1-3 to Serbia before a sell-out crowd, missing an opportunity to inspire. Why was no 1 player Liam Pitchford not playing? Paul Drinkhall lost to a lower ranked player. Not a good advert for the sport in England.
  4. Poly balls : which balls are "approved" by table tennis England?

Hi all, In our local league rules it's states: "Only table tennis England approved balls shall be used" Does anyone know if such an official approval actually exists or is it literally just a reference to the ITTF equipment list? Many thanks.
  5. What is Table Tennis England Doing?

I’m not one to bash Table Tennis England as i know they have their hands tied by lots of factors but can anyone see anything positive they have done recently? World Team Cup Yes, the World Team cup is in England but that’s hundreds of thousands of pounds to run where is that money coming...
  6. Disappointing entry to Juniors Tournament in England

Hi, I have just started running tournaments in Hereford in uk. We are a bit off the main road, however its not that far and we don't start until 10am to give people time. I have run 2 junior tournaments so far. First one has 24 entries, second one had 11 entries. No we have the best venue IMO...
  7. England vs Sweden (Friendly Match WTTC Prep 2017)

Sweden and England are playing a friendly for match preparation for the upcoming World Championships in Dusseldorf. Watch the match live below: <div class="fb-video" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/wttc2018halmstad/videos/1067476776718955/" data-width="500"...
  8. England vs Slovakia LIVE on SPORTS Bible!

Hey guys, England are LIVE now on the Sports Bible against Slovakia in the European Qualification Match for the European Championships! Commentary: TableTennisDaily's Dan and Paralympic Gold Medalist Will Bayley <iframe...
  9. Nice funding grant for Table Tennis England

Just saw this bit of news: http://www.bbc.com/sport/38881709 8.29M pounds to TT, to be exact - not too shabby! Comes from lottery funds, I guess - may be US could do something similar... P.S. What the heck is netball - they got the largest grant!
  10. Netherlands vs England - HD videos, great angle!

Recently the men's teams of the Netherlands and England faced each other for ETTTC qualification. The matches have been uploaded by the channel Tafeltennis Next Level; very high quality videos, slow motions and the recording angle which the ITTF should really start using as well... They also...
  11. England vs Greece Hit 2 Million Views!

The biggest sports page on Facebook, TheSportBible has been sharing a lot of table tennis content over the last few years including TableTennisDaily content, Pongfinity, ITTF and lots more, helping connect table tennis to the masses. This evening for the first time in the history of our sport...
  12. England Team on Championships always 3 players

Why does England sent only 3 players to championships?does not such a big country have money to send 4-5 people?In team events it is hazard.In case of injury on WORLD TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP 2016,who was gonna play Alan Cooke?
  13. Congratulations to Team England (The Leopards) on their Bronze medal

Congratulations; Alan Cooke, Paul Drinkhall, Liam Pitchford and Sam Walker. Putting England on the table tennis map. England Team - Photo by ITTF Flickr
  14. Japan Advance To The 2016 World Team Championships Final! (VIDEOS)

Day 7 of the World Team Table Tennis Championships 2016 took place in Kuala Lumpur, in the 10,000 seat arena on the 5th March! Today saw Japan take on England in the second semi final of this prestigious event! Full results below: Jun Mizutani (Left) vs Liam Pitchford (Right) Photo by: ITTF...
  15. Day 6 Update - World Team Championships 2016! England Prevail!

Day 6 of the World Team Table Tennis Championships 2016 took place in Kuala Lumpur, in the 10,000 seat arena on the 4th March! Today saw breathtaking table tennis in the quarter final stages of the event with some dramatic twists and surprises! Full results below: England defeat France! Photo...
  16. Day 5 Update - World Team Championships 2016!

Day 5 of the World Team Table Tennis Championships 2016 took place in Kuala Lumpur, in the 10,000 seat arena on the 3rd March! Today saw the preliminary matches take place in the men's and women's draw for a chance to qualify into the quarter finals! The top team from each group had a bye today...
  17. Day 4 Update - World Team Championships 2016!

Day 4 of the World Team Table Tennis Championships 2016 took place in Kuala Lumpur, in the 10,000 seat arena on the 2nd March! Today saw the last group matches of the men's and women's group matches. Zhang Jike's China yet to lose a match! Photo by: ITTF Flickr The final day of the group...
  18. Day 3 Update - World Team Championships 2016!

Day 3 of the World Team Table Tennis Championships 2016 took place in Kuala Lumpur, in the 10,000 seat arena on the 1st March! Rounds 4 of the group matches took place in the men's and women's divisions! England overcome Germany in round 4! Photo by: ITTF Flickr Upsets galore in day 3 at the...
  19. New Full Time Table Tennis Centre in Northamptonshire, England

We are due to have a new, dedicated table tennis centre opening here in my home town of Corby in Northants. This is an ambitious project but if successful, it is hoped that it could be replicated across other towns in England...
  20. TableTennisDaily Podcast #3 - Liam Pitchford

What's going on guys, heres episode 3 of the new TableTennisDaily podcast. In this episode we are joined by another Olympian, German Bundesliga player and world ranked 58 Liam Pitchford. Liam represented team GB in the London 2012 Olympics and is currently playing for Ochsenhausen alongside...