thickness

1. Which thickness of rubber would be a good fit for a beginner?

My 17-year-old daughter is keen to learn table tennis, so I'm thinking to start off with a slight cheaply beginner setup. I'm considering using Vega Intro on a blade for beginners (have not decided yet) that is between flex and stiff in terms of elasticity. The question is, which thickness...
  2. How does thickness of the table matter?

The rule only states: The playing surface may be of any material and shall yield a uniform bounce of about 23cm when a standard ball is dropped on to it from a height of 30cm. There are various thicknesses ranging from 15-25mm thickness. I've played with various thickness and I can feel that...
  3. Nittaku Hurricane 3 Neo?

Has anyone tried the Nittaku Hurricane 3 neo? I'm trying to find an alternative to 37 degree h3 provincial for backhand and came across the Nittaku Hurricane 3 neo rubber. I've heard it's similar to provincial H3 neo but can someone compare the two? Also, what is the hardness of this rubber and...
  4. Short and Medium pimple sponge thickness?

I use Spinlord Keiler in 1.8mm on backhand, they are mid pimples I believe. I have tried Spectol Red before. My preferred ball for use if I had a choice would be the Joola Flash (poly plastic not ABS). Personally I believe it spins much more than any ABS ball I have tried, I also think it is...
  5. rakza 7 vs rakza x

how do these two rubbers compare in terms of speed spin and throw angle? thinking about getting rakza x on my bh instead of rakza 7 2 mm but im not sure what thickness
  6. So confused on rubber thickness, please help!

I'm so confused on the rules of rubber thickness, and rather than waste any more time trying to figure it out I thought I'd just ask some experts! I guess I should mention I only want to use "normal" inverted rubber, which I think is what the rules call "sandwich rubber" (please correct me if...
  7. Why does nittaku only give 1.8 and 2.0 sponge thickness

Hello, I noticed that Nittaku only has 2.0 as the thickest sponge for most of their biggest rubbers like the g1 and H3 pro. Why is this? Does this make the rubber worse performance wise compared to others due to the thinner sponge?
  8. Different thickness rubbers in different

Different thickness rubbers in different sides of the blade Hi Is it legal to have rubbers of different thicknesses on different sides of the blade? For example could I have a 2.0 on the forehand and a 1.2/1.5 on the backhand. If it is legal is it a good idea.
  9. Yasaka Mark V - what thickness for beginner?

Which thickness would you suggest for a beginner using Mark V? It will be paired with an old Donic Dicon blade which is OFF-. I am wondering if 1.8mm would be too thin? All-around/attacking playing style. Thanks in advance.
  10. Sponge thickness and harness effects with short pimples?

;););););)
  11. Sponge Thickness

I'm in the market for a new setup and doing a lot of reading and video watching. One particular point I still struggle with is sponge thickness. It's touched on in many places, but just hoping that I can get a little more specific information to help me. Any input is appreciated! On my...
  12. rubber thickness

To ensure that players’ equipment is abiding by the rules, the ITTF is piloting a project called: “Thickness measurement on dismantled rubbers”. The pilot project, which started at the ITTF Challenge Croatia Open this week, aims to ensure that the rubbers from professional table tennis players...
  13. Tenergy -> Aurus Select: Thickness & Blade

Background: I am 45 years old and I have played for 4 years (I also played as a kid from age 9-13). I am a 1400-1500, low-intermediate player (allround/off), who spins a lot. I loop consistently and have good and consistent strokes in training. I have played with Appelgreen Allplay (FH: T05...
  14. What is the max rubber thickness of Xiom Rubbers?

Hi all, I was just wondering what the max rubber thickness of Xiom rubbers are. When i look into them it say 1.8 2.0 then Max but doesnt say what. THanks
  15. How Does Sponge Thickness Affect Play

Hey Everyone, I've seen that on almost every rubber that you buy there is an option to choose what thickness you want the sponge to be. What are the pros and cons of choosing a thicker sponge over a thinner sponge and vice versa? I've heard that most players should just choose a thickness in...
  16. The rubber thickness can affect the blades stiffness?

Hi all, I recently changed from 5 + 2 composite blades to 7 plywood blades. I'm playing with a 99g 729-L5 Hao Shuai, it is 6mm thick. It has a wonderfull feel and it was super cheap(20$~21$) but at the same time it feels too heavy, as I'm pairing with a 729-08(2.1mm) on FH and Bluefire...
  17. rubber thickness advice

Hello, i am a (low) intermediate player and i use my forehand to attack as soon as possible with top spin and hit. My backhand is my weakness because under pressure i use more my arm than my wrist. For now i have a stiga allround classic blade with a fastarc g-1 1.8mm FH and xiom vega intro...
  18. Chinese Rubbers Max Thickness Problem

Hi for all, I have a doubt, I have a Chinese coach and he's talking about the chinese rubbers are much better than the Euro/Jap ones, and he convinced me to try out Chinese rubbers on forehand. I can obtain real H3 Neo Provincial version from my country, but I prefer to try first a cheaper one...
  19. Ideal thickness for a backhand rubber

whats up guys , im looking to buy a bh rubber ,for my new Carbonado 145 ,i already have the fh ,but im unsure what thickness get it, on my other blade (Long 3 i have 1.9, with great results) but i was thinking on a 1.7 evolution mx-p ,what you guys think?
  20. 1,9 2.1 Rubber thickness

Hi all i was just wondering is there a massive difference between the 2 rubber thicknesses in terms of speed and control. I am currently using T05fx on my backhand in a 2.1 thickness which i like but feel like i could do with a bit more control sometimes but without losing a lot of speed...