rule

1. Towel Rule

Hey guys, so I was watching the world cups and finals and something caught my attention. Players are going for their towels regardless of towel break at every six pint rule, like the current ml vs fzd match when it was 2-2 in the fourth set. Did the rules changed, does anybody know?
  2. ITTF AGM 2020. Voting a new serve Rule 2.6.2

https://youtu.be/2j2elPB9tN8?t=12634
  3. Simple rule suggestion to fix service visibility

Most illegal services commonly go out of view behind a players shoulder or body. A rule stating "the front of the server's shirt must be visible to the receiver" should fix the most common illegal serves. It should be also very easy for the umpire to enforce, since they just have to look at...
  4. Can't find an answer to a question about a TT serving rule

Hi, please help me to answer a question about one of the serving rules, I cannot find the answer, neither by googling it nor in the ITTF handbook. Let's say during the service I toss the ball upwards and miss it completely - the ball drops on the floor untouched by the bat. Is this a fault and...
  5. AGM: JTTA Proposal, Service rule. Ball must rise over head hight

https://www.ittf.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Propositions-Resolutions_to_2020_AGM.pdf To amend 2.6.2:2.6.2 The server shall then project the ball near vertically upwards, without impartingspin, so that it rises at least above their head height after leaving the palm of thefree hand and then...
  6. Rule Approved! New colour rubbers as of 2020!

News just in at the 2019 ITTF Annual General Meeting in Budapest, the rule for different coloured rubbers has been approved. After the Olympic Games in Tokyo players will be able to use different colour rubbers on their bat, and not use the standard black and red. As quoted by the ITTF: "This...
  7. New rule proposal - Different colour rubbers!

A new rule is being submitted to the 2019 ITTF AGM to allow for brighter colours on rubbers. A new game changer could be taking place very soon! A new rule that has been proposed is to allow for a different rubber colour on one side of your bat. You must have one black side at all times and...
  8. table tennis rule

what happens if 1) when you receive service, the ball straight down to the table, you found out the opponent's bat was wet, or the ball was wet . Should the point re-start again ? 2) during the point is playing, the opponent's...
  9. New Rule Approved! Table Tennis to use a pink coloured ball!!

After huge success in cricket, the ITTF have been trialing a pink ball which has been approved by the ITTF board and Athletes Commission. Cricket viewing figures have soared due to the new pink cricket ball as its more spectator friendly and the fans can see what's going on easier. As of...
  10. table tennis game rule

A did the service, when the ball reach to B, B returned , the ball straight down to the table as the ball was wet, B and A found out A's racket was wet. Should this ball called Net and start the point again ? or B lose the Point ?
  11. "Boring" AGM/BoD when it comes to rule changes?

The propositions for rule changes on the AGM/BoD are out. No change of net hight, no change in rubber thickness, not even a proposition for a tournament for the presidents in the national associations :). (There has been before!) For the most it is changes in wording. There is a proposition...
  12. New Rule Approved! Coaching Between Points 2016!

Over the last year there has been a number of rumours speculating on various new rules that will come in place or are currently being trialed. One of which is a rule that has been tested in Germany (approved in Germany 1st July 2016) is that coaches are allowed to give advice between points...
  13. Fh red or black ,is this a preference or a rule?

i am new to the sport as you can tell ,so here goes, does the Fh have to be a specified color (red or black) or is this preference,my Fh's are always red ,am i wrong?thanks guys
  14. WWE and Butterfly to release new John Cena rubber (1 to rule them all)

Just found some news regarding the ultimate table tennis rubber, which will be available soon in any online store or directly from Butterfly and WWE. It's a new collaboration between 2 different companies. The new rubbers labeled John Cena will be extremely fast and spiny available in only 3.4mm...
  15. Quick Rule question.

I know you can't talk in a rally. ESPECIALLY during your opponents stroke because it could distract them. But what if you mishit the ball, causing a weak return, are you then allowed to say something like "oh crap" if it's really just a reaction to your own shot?
  16. Inconsistency of rule during set break

Last time Fukuhara Ai did this, she got yellow card. Just now Sato Hitomi didnt get yellow card for sitting and being outside the arena during set break. So, are they allowed to walk outside the arena or not? I remember at one game, Ma Long ran away to the toilet during set break and didnt...
  17. Rule Changes in Table Tennis - Animated Video

Hi all - here is the fourth in the series of animated videos, this time regarding rule changes since 1999. Cheers, Greg
  18. Best and worst rule changes in the last 20 years?

So there have been a lot of rule changes in table tennis in the last 20 or so years. What do you think have been the best and worst rule changes?
  19. New Rule: Opportunity to coach between points!

Below is information from an email umpires and referees received regarding a new table tennis rule after Rio 2016. New rules have been set in place. 'From Oct 2016 coaches will have the opportunity to coach between points.' Official rule below: • From 1 October 2016 (after Olympics and...
  20. ITTF Trailing "No-Let" Rule

Hello, At the Belarus Open which is currently being held , in the under 21 Men's and Woman's singles matches the ITTF are trailing the use of the "No Let" Rule on Service, You can see this quote at the bottom of the ITTF page here...