backhand

1. Returning heavy topspin serves - short and long kick serve

Hi Guys, I am a double sided looper and play an aggressive spin game with inverted rubbers. However, I really struggle returning very heavy topspin balls to my backhand, both short and long. I try to brush over the top, but I find that many balls go long despite my best efforts, or they are...
  2. How can I improve my forhand and backhand consistency.

Dear mentors, Would anyone review my forehand and back hand technique, how can i improve? My blade: timo boll alc Rubber forehand : rakza 9 Back hand: tenergy 05 Myself: yellow color t shirt, my friend is opposition. Would highly grateful of you also review my friends style. Regards...
  3. Backhand Technique

Being a very much forehand oriented player i think it's time i develop my backhand. My level is intermidiate. - I try to loop kill slow underspin balls over the table and also attack every half long ball with the beauty that 09c is. Now comes the question what kind of backhand i want and i am...
  4. hybrid rubbers for backhand

Hello everyone :) I recently started using ktl pro xt on my backhand because I like the increased dwell time of a soft tacky rubber. Open ups, close to the table loops and third ball attacks are as good as ever but a lot of my passive blocks are now quite vulnerable to counterloops. I know that...
  5. Kim Jung Hoon 1:1 Lesson with Div 3 Amateur Dude - BACKHAND

Kim Jung Hoon has a Div 3 player teaching BH from mid to mid far distance. Best to view in Youtube and set the CC subs to auto English or whatever... YT does a crappy job of th transalting and it can get hilarious sometimes. Number one thing KJH stresses with this dude is that Div 3 dude's BH...
  6. Tacky Chinese Rubber on the Backhand?

I've been exclusively using cheap, tacky Chinese rubbers on the forehand because I'm a poor student who doesn't want to blow $50++ on a rubber every 3 months. Today at a practise session I flipped my racket just for fun to play pips on the forehand and inverted on the backhand. Surprisingly I've...
  7. Advice on backhand rubber

I was playing with a bluefire m2 and I felt it was very soft so I switched to a vega x but now I feel I am just playing with the rubber and not the blade just feel the ball bouncing out of the paddle I really liked playing with a rakza x but I dont know if its the right decision, because I dont...
  8. Best Backhand rubber for Andro Treiber CI Off

I Have switched from Viscaria FL and started using Andro Treiber CI Off Blade from Yesterday with Andro R53 in forehand and Mantra S in backhand. I am feeling okay in forehand though R 53 is a bit hard however, I don't understand the performance of Mantra S. So I am asking expert advice from you...
  9. A new era is born and the backhand topspin is dying?

Hello, Something is happening in the table tennis world regarding the backhand topspin. If you watch the video below for example, they are not performing even a single backhand topspin during the entire game. We can see all other strokes but it seems that the backhand topspin is missing from...
  10. DHS H3 37 degree 'backhand rubbers

For those of you interested in DHS H3 37 DEGREE rubbers. dhs-729 have H3 Nat 37 and H3 Provincial 37 in stock, red only.
  11. Backhand change Dignics 05 to 09c or.....

Been using D05 for a little while on my backhand and looking for a bit more bite on the ball but also need to be able to block, punch and topspin drive Anyone got any ideas or made the change or have any suggestions of anything else. I had even though of going softer Chinese maybe if it had...
  12. not confortable at backhand

Hi everyone. I'm 44 years old, and started training table tennis at a club 2 years ago only. I'm essentially a forehand player, but since I started training, I enjoyed and felt the improvement on my backhand, when we're looping. But the true is, I rarely use that stroke on an actual game. I...
  13. Rushing backhand drill?

Hello I'm trying to erase a habit of rushing my backhand whenever a topspin comes to it from the opponent. Does anyone have a drill idea to work on this? When I wait for the ball to get into my BH zone, everything is fine but for some reason I go at it far too early. Almost a panic shot:) Thnx!
  14. Backhand rubber

Hi! I've bought and tested the Stiga Infinity VPS V blade and I like it but I want a recommendation for a backhand rubber. When I tested the blade I played with DNA Pro M on the backhand side and it feels like it's a bit soft. Many balls go into the net that I usually don't and I can't keep the...
  15. Who has the best backhand flick?

hello guys, I would like to analyze in detail the backhand flick. I think that the best players doing this shot are: fan zhendong, harimoto, zhang jike and wang chuqin. Who do you think that has the best backhand flick? For me this is a hard question, in my opinion harimoto's one is the...
  16. Best backhand rubber

Please recommend best backhand rubber for rpb intermediate level.please point me more forgiving for Chiquita flick and more spin and adequate speed rubber.
  17. Please suggest a backhand rubber with less catapult effect than Rakza 7 soft

Hi, I know it's the technique, not the rubber, but maybe some rubbers are easier to use when working on a certain technique? I just got a chance to get some group coaching sessions and we are working on the backhand topspin against backspin - I have a very hard time lifting the ball with the...
  18. Make your backhand like Ma Long

My lockdown contribution. The feeder was my friend, Amicus, who is an expert at this sort of thing.
  19. Lee sang su teaching backhand, can anybody translate

Hi guys, Lss is teaching Bh, But I dont understand. Maybe Dr. Echte can translate? https://youtu.be/ZLEZc0k__7A
  20. Searching for backhand rubber

Hi guys, I've been playing for 1 year now and I want to switch to the Rozena rubber. I play close to table and I like hitting. I'm intermediate level. What do you guys think?