echte

1. Der_Echte in Copenhagen

Like title sez, Der_Echte is gunna be in Copenhagen next week for a few days. I do not know any forum members there... any TT forumers in Copenhagen? I am guuna pack one bat, but am not expecting much action. I will have my own transportation though, so I can get around easy enough.
  2. Der Echte suggested a few weeks ago that.....

Someone should use a Tony Hold White Spot (THWS) Blade with Reflectoid on the FH and Yasaka Anti Power on the BH. I have two THWS blades and one had Reflectoid on the FH and 1.3 mm Best Anti on the BH. I exchanged the Best Anti with Yasaka Anti Power ( YAP ) and this was the result. First, a...
  3. Krash Landing in Krooklyn: Der_Echte Breaks the City 1.6

Okay, this is to inform you that Der_Ecthe will be in NYC for a short stay, Tuesday-Wednesday. He will arrive in the city on a bus from Boston at about 8pm. We will meet up at a place in Brooklyn that is not a TT club but has 5 tables. We will cause a little trouble, maybe play a little TT...
  4. Major change to Der_Echte's play style

Anyone who has seen my play a year ago would conclude that Der_Echte REALLY liked opening up real heavy on BH then playing out the point. (if opponent could handle the surprise spin) I have only become recently aware, that when anyone gives me an underspin, my immediate reaction to it is to...
  5. Der_Echte might know, name of that USA dealer guy

Name of that USA dealer guy - Solved http://colestt.com/ Trying to help somebody and I remember in a topic reading about table tennis retailers like paddle palace, fast paddle etc and somebody mention a one man operation, I suspect he has a website where he sells good priced gear. Who, where is...
  6. Der_Echte has moved to Virginia DC area

Like title sez, I moved yesterday. 12 hr drive slow through rain and truck and arrived boots on ground 0400 waiting like tiger for realtor to show up and give us keys to the townhouse. Managed to play some TT. Fortunately, there is an 11 table TT club (Smash TTC) 15 min drive away. Club is own...
  7. Der_Echte gunna be in L.A. to Umpire

I'm gunna be in Los Angeles to Umpire TT matches at next week's Special Olympics World Championships. I think I got selected because my TT is crappy and my language skillz in 4 languages are worse. Anywayz, if anyone is gunna be in that direction, join in on the after-missions of TT mayhem...
  8. Oops ! Der_Echte did it AGAIN.

By now everyone knows I prefer heavier blades with weight lower than most and a solid feel at impact. Sometimes, that means I gotta take matters into my own hands. For me and TT blades, recently, that seems to be a LOT !!! I liked my Nexy Kanaph at 85 grams... but what the heck !! I can LOVE...
  9. Review of a "Der_Echte Special"

Hi everybody. Most of you on here probably know Der_Echte, a very avid member of the forum. When people post questions about setups, he very often directs them to what we has come to be called the "Der_Echte special," an 896 or Instinkt blade with an extremely cheap backhand rubber and a well...
  10. Der_Echte in NYC

I plan on being in NYC for a Korean American TT Tourney Labor Day weekend near Flushing. Tourney is Monday, but I will likely be in NYC Saturday early afternoon for some TT action and adventure. I am with the Boston team. I plan on going to the Korean club in Flushing to practice and have fun. I...