pimple

1. Inverted rubber choice for Long Pimple 'Twiddlers'

Some advice please for someone embarking on combination play, (pause for derision), using OX long pimples primarily for the backhand but allowing for the potential for 'twiddling' and inverted rubber on the forehand for topspin drives, loops and kills to finish the point. Even though I have...
  2. Blade choice for short pimple

Hi everyone My partner is trying to start using short pimple on her backhand, and we are not sure which blade she should use. Here is her background... She has received proper training when she was little, so her forehand basic is very decent. Her backhand on the other side is very basic...
  3. Short Pimple Medium pimple Clan!!

Can we start an Short Pimple/Medium Pimple Clan? Please write a comment about your pips and combination. Can everyone who uses short pimples on bh especially, say which blade they use and why? Best for bh pips? Best for fh topspin, still good for bh pips Balanced between the two. From my...
  4. Short and Medium pimple sponge thickness?

I use Spinlord Keiler in 1.8mm on backhand, they are mid pimples I believe. I have tried Spectol Red before. My preferred ball for use if I had a choice would be the Joola Flash (poly plastic not ABS). Personally I believe it spins much more than any ABS ball I have tried, I also think it is...
  5. Long pimple chopping with a Stiga Clipper (or clones)

How bad of an idea is this? The blade is 7ply all wood and Heavy 95g~. Having only chopped with lighter defensive blades i can't shake off the idea of wanting a more offensive blade to assist my forehand. What does the extra weight of the blade and the 2 extra plies feel like? I know there is a...
  6. short pimple without sponge

I have just tried to use short pimple without sponge ,anybody can tell me the effect , characteristic of this rubber . What should I do with this rubber?
  7. Is there a spinny short pimple?

Is there a spinny short pimple that would grip enough to do bh loops, but still have some short pimpleness? Spectol Red is not the answer as I use it now and I miss my bh loop too much.
  8. Buy a thicker pimple rubber or whitch alternative???

I use Victas Vo 102 black 1,8 i bh. If i should try it in 2,0 in bh, are there much of difference then?? Or should i choose another pimples rubber on bh that are simelear to Victas vo 102 and what kind of pimples the and in what thickness???
  9. What short pimple rubbers are the pros using?

Hi everyone here on ttd, I currently defend (chop) on my backhand and attack with my forehand. I use Tenergy 05 FX on my forehand which I like. For my backhand I want to be able to attack with it close to the table to. What pro players have this style? Which pimple rubbers allow you to defend...
  10. the best long pimple to play close the table

I had like to know what kind of long pimple do you use to block close the table ? I use a new one, similar to "Grass Dtech 0x" My is "death metal", as this young french player "Ylane Batix" (among the best players in his categorie)
  11. DHS cloud 3 long pimple rubber

Hi Guys, Just wanted to check if cloud 3 (sponge) is good option to move from grass d tech tibhar to add a attacking option in your game!
  12. Penhold Long pimple Technique

I've started playing LP as a penhold player and am getting on very well. I serve with a tacky, slightly soft rubber and then twiddle to LP. I also RPB with my inverted rubber to attack. However, I realize the LP game for penhold is quite developed but cannot find any written material due to it...
  13. Best short pimple rubber for offensive game

Hi everybody i'm new to this site:o i just need your opinion on this. i was a team member in a leading school in my country at that time i used a Tibhar triple carbon blade and nimbus rubbers. i used to play a highly offensive game :cool: but i had to stop playing for educational purposes for...
  14. pimple

im thinking of switching to pimple rubber because i have a hard time receiving serves, shall i do it?
  15. Which long pimple choose ?

I'm thinking about two rubbers ( galaxy neptune and giant dragon meteorite ). I want rubber which will be very good for chopping in close and far range. I also need rubber good for smashing balls over the table. Which rubber will be better for this kind of game with 1.0 sponge ?
  16. Which of these three OSP Blades better suited for Medium Pimple?

Which of these three would be a better fit for it? 1. EXPERT 2. ULTIMATE 3. MUSKO Please limit your answer to only these three, unless someone is willing to send me another who would be better fit than these three. :D
  17. Can anyone give me any coaching on my long pimple chopping?

The above video is me doing a long pimple chopping drill against slow and fast topspin. I was wondering if anyone can give me any advice on how to perform a better shot? Any advice is welcome!! My training partner is 59 year old Ruth.
  18. Pimple rubber suggestion

Hello, this year i decided to give pimples a chance. I bought DHS Sharping 2.2mm and it's a beast, is the fastest rubber i've played and it's too difficult to control. I borrowed a DHS C8 but the chopping is bad, its trajectory is not what i'm looking for. A few months ago i had few tries with...
  19. Pimple rubbers..... how to define the difference and usage?

What is this pimple rubbers designed for? and what is the main difference between the short, medium and long pimple rubbers in use? How you decide which pimple rubber to use? and with sponge or no? if with sponge, then what thickness you think/feel/prefer to use?
  20. How to play against short pimple and long pimple?

Hi, i am going to play for my club soon and i need some advice on how to play against short pimple and long pimple thanks.