mental

1. Mental tips on redeeming myself?

Last year I lost in the final match of a tournament. It hurt, really bad. Not sure if we'll have a tournament later this year because of the coronavirus, but I'm hoping we will. Hopefully the local table tennis center will open up and I can start training with a coach. I have a lot of stroke...
  2. What are some habits I should look for in my opponents?

So a little background: I recently came back to table tennis after a 2 month break. During that time, I got really good at a fighting game called Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. In competitive play, a big part of the game is to notice your opponents habits and keeping track of them so you can make...
  3. Mental checklist for Table Tennis

When I played StarCraft, I learned a nice concept from a guy named Sean Plott, or Day[9]. It was the "mental checklist". Basically, a list of core things you should loop trough your head while playing. Doing this, you don't forget the things you should pay attention to, and you have your next...
  4. Maintaining the Mental Advantage in Table Tennis

Maintaining the Mental Advantage in Table Tennis Oftentimes I have played many opponents in table tennis who are physically much better players than me. They utilize more spin, more slams, and more sure actions than my primarily defensive mechanisms. If they played consistently well with all of...
  5. How does your mental attitude influence your game?

Hi guys, I`ve enjoyed reading through all the threads regarding equipment and technique but I felt that the mental aspect of the game wasn't talked about that much. So I thought why not make a thread about it? I want this discussion to be as free as possible whe everyone can share their own...
  6. Fairy tale comeback by Kanak Jha of USA : Lesson in momentum and mental toughness

Courtesy facebook post of WCTTA ... "Relive one of the best comebacks in TT history where WCTTA's very own Kanak Jha (15 years old) came back from 0:5 in the deciding 7th game to qualify for the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro! Scroll to 1 hr 47 mins and 30 secs, and watch Kanak's...
  7. Mental training for Table Tennis

Hey guys.. I have been thinking a lot about this topic, I didnt find anything like it, so here it is.. I was talking to head coach of our representation and he told me, that the main thing, why the chinese are so good, is the mental training from young age. That this is the difference between a...