left

1. Poll: Right Hand players vs. Left Hand Players

Poll: Right Hand players vs. Left Hand players Listening to NPR radio recently, a show segment mentioned that about 10% of the population is left-handed and 90% right-handed. This ratio seems dis-appropriate in TT. A much higher percent of the better players seem to be left-handed. How about...
  2. Receiving left sidespin pendulum serve

I cannot for the life of me return a deafult normal sidespin pendulum serve short. I might just be bad at reading the small difference between sidespin and underspin on the serves, but I hate returning this serve with my BH. Should I just stand more on the corner of the table to return it with a...
  3. Tactics against left-handed LP players

Or technically, opposite-handed players. I am Right handed. I will write this from a right handed point of view. I've seen quite a lot about how you should serve long no spin to LP side. This makes sense if they are the same playing hand as you as this will be cross court, faster, and the other...
  4. Seeking for advice RE: Left handed player tactics against right handed players

Hi Guys, as a left handed shakehand player that is FH dominate but with a good and consistent BH loop and BH+FH flick, I was wondering what tactics to use against right handed players in a singles match. I only have a few basic tactics to use to set up the 3rd ball but experience players tend...
  5. Service receive of left/right sidespin

​​For the common sidespins I know that the racket has to angle either towards left or right depending on the type of serve they doing. For example if opponent serve standard pendulum or reverse pendulum or backhand serve or punch serve, also if he is right or left handed, it all produces...
  6. To play in the World Tour Final in Korea in Dec, only 2 official games are left

Numerous Chinese top players must play in Sweden, Oct 29-Nov 1 and Austria, Nov 8-11 to play in the Dec World Tour Finals in Korea. Xu Xin has played enough already.
  7. Tactics to get easy points as a left handed player

Hi, I am left handed player and my forehand strokes are so spinny and fast. I need to generate new tactics but I can't think as far as you. Which serve and 3rd ball attack do you suggest?
  8. Are you Right or Left eye dominate? Simple test right here.

I'm curious to get a feel of the members here if they're playing hand is also the same as their dominate eye. Simple test you can do right now. Takes a second to figure out. Make a triangle with your hand as shown in the picture here. Focus on some object. Could be anything. Now close your...
  9. Ma Long (Left Handed) vs Ding Ning (Right Handed)

Ma Long vs Ding Ning! Enjoy :D
  10. Left handed choppers

Hi guys, Here's a fun question. Are there any left handed choppers (at the international level)? Past or present? Just curious.. :-) Please post videos if you find any. Thanks.
  11. Feeding left handed players

Hi As a right handed player I am not sure how to feed a left handed player . All the videos I see all show right to right. Feeding short to a left hander forehand seems impossible
  12. Ma Long vs Dimitrij Ovtcharov left hand match!

Dimitrij Ovtcharov has just posted a new video on his Instagram account taking on Ma Long in a left hand match! The two players are currently at the German Open where the main draw will begin tomorrow. Catch up from all the latest from the German Open. Be sure to follow Dima on Instagram here...
  13. Have there been any world class left-handed choppers?

This discussion came up at our club today, and no one could think of any. There must be some disadvantage that makes this rare. Any ideas?
  14. Match strategy for a Left handed player

Hi, I am a left handed player and many a times after my loss I encounter the comments from several people which are like "You don't play a typically lefty's game". I have tried asking them to elaborate but I have never received any response worth consider. It appears to me that people who...
  15. Left and Right Handed Players

Hey, so I was doing some research on the past few winners of the WTTC in the doubles category and I noticed something. In the past 10 years all the doubles teams winners have had one left handed player and one right handed one (for the exception of Kong Linghui and Wang Hao in 2005) for...
  16. can you put your left leg beside the sideline when you serve?

This is with regards to the ITTF rules. Basically my serve now has my left leg just beside the sideline (it's not past the endline though), but I do hit the ball past the endline, not over-the-table. Is that serve legal?
  17. Wang Liqin vs Ma Lin Left hand match

A few years ago i saw video of Wang Liqin vs Ma Lin with left hand, has anyone who have this video?
  18. Hao Shuai elimiates Xu Xin to progress to the final of the China Open 2012!

Hao Shuai is having the time of his life in the GAC GROUP 2012 ITTF World Tour Harmony China Open as he overcomes compatriot Xu Xin in six impressive sets! On Sunday the 24th August Hao Shaui showed his class and that he can still compete with the best as he overcome Xu Xin in the semi final of...
  19. Returning a side spin to the left

So I have been playing with this guy who does a side spin serve as shown in the picture, though i am able to take it, i cannot but return in either of the 3 return spots as shown in the figure(#1,2,3). If #3 is very close to the net, then it works, otherwise(in the case of #1 and 2), he just...
  20. position of left leg during serve

Just something I've noticed a few times when watching videos, on how to use your body weight to serve, and to return back to ready position. Many thanks to TTPoster for uploading these fantastic videos for us to analyse! This is Zhang Jike's FH pendulum serve. Zhang Jike's left foot is...