players

1. Players To Look Out For In 2021

Although we are already half way through February international table tennis is only just about to begin. With new tournaments to contend with and a delayed Olympic Games to look forward to, here are 6 players to look out for in 2021. Mima Ito with her eyes on the prize - Photo via ITTF Flickr...
  2. 2 Korean Natl Div 1 Level Players BH Blast Battle - ZERO Short Serves

HI TTD, Here is a vid form a National Level TT Tourney way down in GooMi Korea... Macho Man Korean Dude (Big power is not enough power) vs the typical Korean top level female play style (Punch everything and damn the spin) Neither of these players are even remotely interested in serving...
  3. A New Training Method/ Cardiofitping

We wish you an happy new year !!!! We create the first TABLE TENNIS VIRTUAL CLUB FOR ALL THE PLAYERS IN THE WORLD: CARDIOFITPING CLUB! We propose PHYSICAL TRAINING SPECIFIC FOR TABLE TENNIS FROM HOME BY VIDEO-CONFERENCE WITH HIGH LEVEL PLAYERS. LOOK OUR WEBSITE...
  4. List of Players (Game Strategy)

List of Players (Based Strategies Butterfly Blades) Some topic where there is a list of National Selected Players (or elite category) and ranked where you can see what game strategy (BLADES) they use (game strategies that Butterfly applies to its BLADES) * other brands use five and / or up...
  5. Wildish errors by players -- so vexing, so abundant.

* The ITTF Council Meeting aforementioned took place within the WC 1999, Eindhoven, Netherlands. ** All then Council proceedings still remain in force de jure.
  6. Playing against defensive short players

I have a problem with playing against players who are more defensive and are table huggers who somehow also play the ball short leaving me little chances on looping the ball due too it being short and not really past the table. Is there a way to open up and have them play longer strokes so I can...
  7. Top 5 best players in the history of table tennis!

Hello, how are you doing? I Hope you are doing well, today I made a video with my top 5 best players in the history of table tennis, and I wanted to share it with you, what do you think about it, what is your top 5? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR2d1CTJjHs
  8. Any Jpen players lately?

Just out of curiosity, but are there any other Jpen players that are still on the rankings and playing on international events? One that i know of is Brazil's Cazuo Matsumoto (currently WR#491). Any other players than him?
  9. The corner of Penhold Players

Penhold Players Corner hi everyone, I am soon 61 and i have been playing penhold between 55 and 59, after 20 years playing SH style An then I came back to SH according to my age, my footwork is too slow ... But i love PH and I found a way to play PH without lose (I like competitions, I am...
  10. Why do Asian tt players mature earlier than Europeans?

I have 2 hypotheses but I haven't fully convinced myself of either: 1. The depth of talent is just far superior in the Asian countries Therefore, the old guard is likely to be pushed aside at a younger age to make way for the newbies. 2. The Asian system is more brutal. Longer hours of...
  11. Do players like Dimitri change their equipment due to sponsorship with other brands?

I got some news from early 2020 that Dimitrij Ovtcharov had signed a partnership with Butterfly (one of the biggest table tennis brands). If he now sponsors Butterfly, does he change his equipment (blade or rubber)? For example, Dimitrij's blade is Donic Ovtcharov Senso. Does he change his blade...
  12. Difference between Chinese players and European players?

I was watching the 2017 World Cup Semi-finals between Ma Long and Timo Boll. I started to see the difference between their techniques, but couldn't find the proper comparison in my head. How does one tell the difference between the techniques of a Chinese player and a European player?
  13. What's the rating estimate of these players? (In usatt)

What's the rating estimate of these players? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7_Rbz_EG1U (player A and player B) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONDrelWPF28 (player A and player C) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1u2ECUcSHQ (player C and player B)...
  14. Why do CNT players still use carbonado 45 if theres 245?

Why do CNT players still use carbonado 45 if theres 245? I thought 45 was less powerfull then 245 and even 145. Is it because 45 has a more woody feeling? Is 45 more flexible?
  15. How will players qualify for Tokyo Olympics?

I heard from a friend who knows a few players that the qualification system for Tokyo is now up in arms. How will players qualify? If the ITTF go on World Tour ranking points, its then not fair for players who planned to play during this the Asian tour of World Tour events which would have took...
  16. Coaching tips for very young players 5-7 years

Following on from mlax's post ( rubber & blades for 5 year olds) I'd like to ask for any tips/drills for coaching this 5-7 age group. I want to do more fun exercises with my son and his friend (age 6) but they have very short attention spans and as soon as we move on to something new/move away...
  17. Offer for test players

If you are consistently using DHS or Friendship 729 equipment, you have a decent performance level, we offer the opportunity to test equipment. Rubbers for testing at low cost. Only for 5 test players Condition: The player must be publicly identifiable in any public database. If you are...
  18. Equipment of the players in the 2019 Men's World Cup

Equipment of the players in the 2019 Men's World Cup
  19. VIDEO: Highlights Table Tennis Match Holland!

Hi! I want to share a video again. In this video you can see the highlights of a national second division match, two levels below the top level in the Netherlands. Some players will look familiar to you, I shared videos of them before. Two new players (Verweij and Meijer) are among the top 50...
  20. Players in Tokyo, Japan

Hello guys, I will be visiting Tokyo, Japan from October 6th to 21st and I was wondering, if there are any clubs with advanced players that accept guest players. I really enjoy the sensation of playing in foreign clubs just to make new friends and experience different TT-cultures. Maybe some of...