spin

1. carbon blade with spin ability

Hello, I'm looking for a carbon blade that helps with ease of spin creation and that has a strong maximum spin capability.It should be slower than viscaria, but faster than persson powerplay.And control needs to be good, which means it cannot be too flexible such as some very thin carbon blades...
  2. Hints to making videos of lifting back spin.

Making a good video takes a little planning and experimentation. Getting the right camera angle is key. It is apparent to me that how one makes the video is as important as the skill of the looper returning the back spin. It is best if the video show looping balls that are below the net...
  3. TSP Super Ventus and Ventus Spin - Anyone played with it?

Hi there! I read a lot good things about those two rubbers. On Revspin.net both have a quite high score. 9.4-9.5 if I remember well. I wish to put them on my Viscaria (FH: Super Ventus, BH: Ventus Spin) and to try something new (now I have Rakza X and Rackza 7). Based on what I read this might...
  4. Sanwei T88 Ultra Spin

Hello, my question today is: any people have played with this or see anyone using? I no see many reviews on internet. Can this peoples explain more about this rubber? And how about this rubber feel in comparision with Sanwei T88-III and Mercury II, especially on durability and tacky.
  5. What rubbers to use for good control and top spin on Butterfly Schlager OFF+ Tamca 50

Hello! I am an intermediate player. Have used Butterfly Schlager OFF+ Tamca 5000 Carbon ST with Sriver on FH and Vario on BH for some time because the speed was too high to control initially. I want to change these rubbers and would like to know what would be a good switch for FH and BH. I have...
  6. Spin sensitivity of T05 & T05FX

There are many statements on the internet that T05 is spin sensitive. Does anyone know if it is due to pimples, sponge or something else? My actual question is if T05FX would be considered just as spin sensitive? I am currently playing with T05FX and I'm managing it well for my level of play. At...
  7. Does more arc on fh topspin equal more spin.

;););););)
  8. Anti spin rubber

I play in my local club and i start beat more people than usual, but one kid in my club have anti spin rubber on his bh and i really struggle play against him, and so my other friends that in my level or higher, i heard that they struggle with fast dead serve, is it true? Anyone have any tips?
  9. Omega 7 vs Rakza Z, what's better?

So since there are literally over 20 million different blade/rubber combos possible, and since I have no life, I've spent alot of time analyzing rubbers. I've been using Omega 7 Hyper on backhand, Hurricane 3 National on forehand but switching it around has felt more natural, prefer H3 throw...
  10. Seek recommendation for controlled spin set up

Hi fellow TT lovers I have a Samsonov Pro Black (7 ply, Limba), and a Viscaria (ALC, koto top). My backhand is my stronger side. Forehand is developing you can say. Up until lock-down, I was using a slow 7ply limba blade, and was able to initiate with BlueStorm Z1 quite well. Whereas my...
  11. Anti spin

Does anti spin reverse backspin, or just topspin?
  12. What are the Best Stiga Rubbers For Speed and Spin?

Right now my setup is Mantra M on BH and Mantra H on FH. I know that the Calibra Sound and Plus are really good rubbers. I really like the Mantra Rubbers, but feel like there might be a better for my playing style. I like a good amount of speed with excellent spin, and decent control. I am using...
  13. European / Japanese Rubber for spin-oriented play

Dear table tennis enthusiasts, I started playing table tennis again only one and a half years ago, but am making great progress. Mostly, because I had been introduced to the proper techniques in a proper club when I played for 2 years as a child. I am (extremely) forehand dominant, play...
  14. Boosting hurricane 3 neo damages the spin

Hi guys, I recently bought Hurricane 3 neo rubber national version and dianchi oil booster. I put 3 layers of dianchi water glue and then 4 layers of dianchi oil booster and then 1 more layer of glue. All good up to the point where I started playing. Everything was good but it felt like it...
  15. Weird spin on Hurricane 3

Hi all, I've been playing with a Hurricane 3 orange sponge for about 2 months now and a few people have observed that my forehand loops were not as spinny as they thought it would be, and the ball ended up going into the net instead of popping up... I am totally confused by this because i...
  16. TSP Ventus Spin compared to Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft

Has anybody got experience of these two rubbers and if so can you tell me how they compare with regard to the following please. 1) Close to the table play. 2) Sensitivity to incoming spin. 3) Control. 4) Spin. Thank you
  17. Is it true that in a pushing rally, you don't have to try to add more spin?

I'm a beginner and trying to get ready for a big upcoming tournament. I went to my local table tennis club and got some coaching today. What sometimes happens during my matches is that I'll get into these unending pushing rallies. As the rally gets longer, I try to generate more backspin in...
  18. OSP Ultimate II – A 7-ply blade for a controlled spin-offensive game-style

OSP Ultimate II – A 7-ply blade for a controlled spin-offensive game-style In my continued search for the ‘perfect’ 7-ply all-wood blade that supports an aggressive FH-oriented playing style with spinny opening loops and powerful loop-drives, controlled aggressive BH blocking and driving with...
  19. Specific next blade for my playing style?

I know there is no "best" blade so hopefully if I share my playing style and experience level you can give me some suggestions. I am around level 1400 and regularly train with much more advanced players. I use a Donic Appelgren Allplay with H3 Neo on forehand and Tenergy 05FX backhand, and my...
  20. Side spin at the pro level?

I've been watching a lot of competitive pro videos like ITTF tournament matches and noticed that other than serving, there doesn't seem to be a lot of side spin done during rallies whether it's topspin or backspin. Am I seeing things wrong, and maybe it's just hard to see on video feeds, or do...