serving

1. Can't find an answer to a question about a TT serving rule

Hi, please help me to answer a question about one of the serving rules, I cannot find the answer, neither by googling it nor in the ITTF handbook. Let's say during the service I toss the ball upwards and miss it completely - the ball drops on the floor untouched by the bat. Is this a fault and...
  2. Serving to a Pusher/Chopper

Hi friends, I have been struggling a lot lately with a handful of players I'm running into that play extremely conservative. Personally, I am most comfortable playing topspin to topspin away from the table, but I am running into these players (usually out of shape or older) that never want to...
  3. Is it worth serving short ? - for amateurs

Hello to everybody, When you start playing tennis table, everybody will tell you that whatever you do you need to keep the ball low. Since any ball exchange starts with a serve, it makes sense to serve short because in this way you can protect yourself from being attacked by your opponent from...
  4. Par Gerell Serving Masterclass

Hey guys, Here at the TableTennisDaily Academy we’re very excited to announce that we have just released a new serving master class video series, with Swedish international player Par Gerell! Par is widely thought of as one of the best servers in the world and has a highest world ranking of 27...
  5. Learn serving and receiving tactics from Ma Long and Liang Jingkun

Budapest Semifinals See Ma Long’s this pair of serving. (2:15-2:24) After the first serve, why: Ma Long served an identical serve again? The two results were completely different?
  6. getting quickly back in position after serving

Personally i think its one of my biggest weakness Apart from repeating drills, or shadow training etc... does anyone have any special ideas or tips how to improve on that ? I think it's also linked to how to execute well a good 3rd ball ? its linked to making a good serve and being in...
  7. Serving short with a lot of underspin/backspin

Hi, I want to serve short with a lot of underspin but I can't serve with heavy underspin. It is just a normal underspin. I am using H3 Blue Sponge. How to serve heavy underspin with pendulum?
  8. Lack of self-awareness when serving illegally

A new guy came to the club last night. He was playing doubles on the table next to me. I was doing a coaching session, but got distracted by this new player. He was giving a lecture (not in a nice way), to an older female player about how to serve legally. Every time she did it wrong he would...
  9. Serving tactics following let serve

I am curious what folks' thoughts are about serving after you have served a let serve. For your next serve, do you try the same serve that was a let, or do you opt for a different serve? I often use a sequence of serves to try to set up my opponent, and serving a let presents a dilemma, as the...
  10. 20 minutes of Jun Mizutani serving

Just saw this video look how deceptive Jun Mizutani's serve is at 3.45 I don't think I have ever seen him use it in a match? It sure looks good! :cool:
  11. Liu Guoliang Serving Demonstration

Hi guys I saw a video of Liu Guoliang serving, the video is from 2009 so it might has been posted here in the past, but I found this pretty impressive He seems to be able to do this almost all the time without much effort. Here is a translation made by one of youtube commenters: "To the...
  12. Follow new Heavyspin Secrets of Serving

Posted this vid in another place in the past, but in light of recent developments, this vid deserves its own thread and discussion.
  13. Win a STIGA Carbonado 190 signed by Par Gerell!

At the recent 2016 Swedish Open Dan from TableTennisDaily took on STIGA's Par Gerell in a challenge match! Par is one of the best servers in the world with a career high world ranking (November 2016) of 27! I challenged Par to see how many serves I could return out of 10! To win the signed...
  14. Collection of Pros serving no spin that look like underspin

Can we make a collection of these? Specifically, pro players where we can actually see how they are serving clearly. I've look at a few older threads about serves, but the videos no longer exist for some reason. I'll start off with two. Guang Qing Feng vs Zhang Kai Pretty much everywhere in...
  15. Serving away from the table usng double touch and racket speed

Hi Guys, Though madness is consuming me to the fullest extent, once more I yielded to it by creating a new concept of serving in the opposite direction. Here, I am using double touch which I think is illegal, hopefully somebody could highlight those ITTF rules and with fast racket speed to keep...
  16. My experience with serving like Yoshimura Maharu (Disclaimer: My contact - different)

Hi everyone, once again with a serving tutorial of me trying to get the thought process behind my version of Yoshimura Maharu serve. It was incredibly hard for me to speak in front of camera with broken English so tolerate my annoying cuts. First of all this is the first iteration of this video...
  17. Query on Serving Rules

When serving, does the ball have to be thrown straight upwards such that it falls straight down? just wondering if the ball can be thrown in such a way that it's flight path is more of an arc- shape so that contact with the ball can be made in a different position relative to the table to where...
  18. Spinning ball when serving?

Hi everyone, I am a high toss server. I will have my palm open and the ball resting on my palm. I will then toss it up, not roll it off my fingers, and then hit the ball with spin. When i was playing, my opponent said my serve is illegal because my ball is spinning when tossed up. Wouldn't my...
  19. Float serving

Could anyone explain or point me in the right direction of how to get some advice on float serving? Cheers!
  20. Ma Long Serving Technique and Tactics Reveal

More Table Tennis Tutorial video: http://www.pp-station.com/search/label/%E4%B9%92%E4%B9%93%E6%95%99%E5%AD%B8 Like our facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ppstation.hk Please also subscribe PPBALL youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ppball